Android OS

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

PowerON said:
Uh, it's not big device. You don't wanna carry an ipad or Samsung Tab in ur pocket anyhow.

Evo is pretty big-ass to me. I'm satisfactory with Palm Pre size to put in my pocket.

I use galaxy s from samsung and its not that big and highlander wants a epic 4g and its heavier and bigger physical size than my veraion of galaxy s.

It's more like Highlander don't want to have big device to put in his pocket. It's annoying.

Yes, I want to keeps it small then I can use otterbox.

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

Highlander wants something bigger than my phone. If you want smaller get motorola flipout. It has android 2.1 and its a bit slower proceasor tho. Its fine for basic uses.
No flipout for me and I like to have dual cameras.

My pros for my android based galaxy s.

Fast, lots of memory and has potiential for future updates. Vivid screen, well built.

Cons: delayed android upgrades and offical gps fix ignored for a long time. Some bugs and lack of video codec support in built in video player. Windows only platform for firmware updates.

Galaxy S is good size for me but no front camera.

I use galaxy s from samsung and its not that big and highlander wants a epic 4g and its heavier and bigger physical size than my veraion of galaxy s.

HTC 4G is nice but physical qwerty + otterbox = ugly.

Like that.

plm6-pre01-20-4.jpg

I don't think otterbox have EPIC 4G yet so I picked Palm Pre with physical qwerty.

HTC EVO Defender Series Case, HTC EVO case, HTC EVO cases // OtterBox.com

HTC EVO + otterbox = sexy but too big for me.

Samsung fasicate dont have front camera either. Epic 4g only has it. These belong to galaxy s family. Mines captovate with att.

Samsung fasicate dont have front camera either. Epic 4g only has it. These belong to galaxy s family. Mines captovate with att.

That's correct. So I am waiting for right size and dual cameras.

I am very picky and no T-mobile and ATT for me. Thinking about I pick RIGHT mobile and stuck with it for two years. I don't believe in cancel due Early Termination Fee is very expensive.

That's correct. So I am waiting for right size and dual cameras.

I am very picky and no T-mobile and ATT for me. Thinking about I pick RIGHT mobile and stuck with it for two years. I don't believe in cancel due Early Termination Fee is very expensive.

same here, Highlander. I dislike the size of most Android phones. too big. I will stick with only Verizon or Sprint.

But I do want Android.

I guess asain people like things small in general.

I guess asain people like things small in general.

no. they would probably like big size but just for me... I want a portable device that'll fit in my pocket.... not backpack.

I really like Android's capability to act as a wifi hotspot. I connected my iPod to my friend's Android to use internet. that was cool.

My pros for my android based galaxy s.

Fast, lots of memory and has potiential for future updates. Vivid screen, well built.
Yeah I really like samsung, because screen is very sharp and crisp!

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))Cons: delayed android upgrades and offical gps fix ignored for a long time. Some bugs and lack of video codec support in built in video player. Windows only platform for firmware updates.
Yes, Dont forget android is based linux.. You have to tweak on it with root or whatever.. as concept, you work on Linux with tweak, customize, and get codes from Linux forums..

I suggest you to read this is great article and will understand why.

Like I have to working on TAB7 with tweak, because browser has few issues like scroll that isn't very smooth. I wanted to get rid of issues. I tried to use Skyfire, Opera, Dolphin browser HD, and firefox on TAB7. they are better browsers than TAB7's browser. I like firefox fennec then others.

no. they would probably like big size but just for me... I want a portable device that'll fit in my pocket.... not backpack.

I really like Android's capability to act as a wifi hotspot. I connected my iPod to my friend's Android to use internet. that was cool.

It fits just fine in my pocket no problem. :)

Yeah I really like samsung, because screen is very sharp and crisp!

Yes, Dont forget android is based linux.. You have to tweak on it with root or whatever.. as concept, you work on Linux with tweak, customize, and get codes from Linux forums..

I suggest you to read this is great article and will understand why.

Like I have to working on TAB7 with tweak, because browser has few issues like scroll that isn't very smooth. I wanted to get rid of issues. I tried to use Skyfire, Opera, Dolphin browser HD, and firefox on TAB7. they are better browsers than TAB7's browser. I like firefox fennec then others.

I haven't tried a 3rd party browser on my phone but I will try that. :)

yeah, I'm aware about Android. They are basically a mini Linux OS in palm of your hand. It is more complicated to use just like Linux on your desktop computer, you know? You sometime have to root it to make some things happen and there are a lot of hidden stuff that you don't know it exists in Android OS. I've uncovered stuff that I didn't know that it had. I think it makes easter egg hunt more fun. iOS is great for novice users that don't want to deal with complicated firmware updates, complicated back ups, complicated blah blah....

Have anyone tried skyfire web browser for android? Its very cool and you can play flash stuff on it. Its basically remote control web browser from desktop.

Droid 2 user here... Lovin' Android OS... Based around the Linux-based kernel...

How Android used linux is clearly described in this article "What is Android?"

I plan to buy OBDII bluetooth to connect to my Droid 2 to show me my Honda Civic HX's rpm, mpg and so on... can't wait!!

What happened to your toyota camry v6, lunixgold

Can we post and share about Android apps?

Cuz here two apps I wanna share

One is called Angry Birds which is a funny cool game, I like playing it while waiting in lobby etc.

Other is a 3rd party browser called Dolplin Browser HD. I have not use it much but it allow you to set up to have a certain swipe features.

Droid 2 user here... Lovin' Android OS... Based around the Linux-based kernel...

How Android used linux is clearly described in this article "What is Android?"

I plan to buy OBDII bluetooth to connect to my Droid 2 to show me my Honda Civic HX's rpm, mpg and so on... can't wait!!

I own Kiwi Wifi for year and I love it.

I prefer WIFI over bluetooth for long range and better speed.

Can we post and share about Android apps?

Cuz here two apps I wanna share

One is called Angry Birds which is a funny cool game, I like playing it while waiting in lobby etc.

Other is a 3rd party browser called Dolplin Browser HD. I have not use it much but it allow you to set up to have a certain swipe features.

This is an Android OS thread...so anything can be talked about it in here.

I have Firefox, Opera Mobile and Skyfire web browsers on mine. It's fun to experiment different browsers.

Back