Altruism or Selfless

Neither does yours so let's let it go at that, huh?

I never claimed I had the truth for all in any religious context whatsoever. I simply stated that one's motivation could possibly be related to a particular religious belief.

Wirelessly posted

Why are we debating whether or not something gets you into Heaven?

I means there was a Christian doomsday cult during the Black Plague that believed they would get into Heaven by spreading the disease because they believed the End was coming near.

So arguing if something constitute a path into Heaven is moot considering the diversity of the groups.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

I means there was a Christian doomsday cult during the Black Plague that believed they would get into Heaven by spreading the disease because they believed the End was coming near.

So arguing if something constitute a path into Heaven is moot considering the diversity of the groups.

Exactly. It was but a singular example of the thought process of a fictional individual. Whether or not it was true, in another person's estimation, is moot. Just as, I don't believe that an alien comes in my bedroom to tell me what I need to do the next day. But there are people with psychotic illnesses for whom that is the truth.

Wirelessly posted

I agree. I notice, though, that those who had out-of-body or near-death experiences are quiet here. I had one almost three years ago, and let me tell you, it is still indescribable. I floated above the hospital bed, riding visible waves of laughing music, saw my weeping sister looking at my x-ray charts in the next room with a doctor who murmured that one of my lungs was about to burst, and I entered a speck of dust and saw the enthralling worlds of heartbreaking beauty within. I was dumbfounded, then POP, I was back in this dreary world. I won't claim to have seen Heaven, far from it. But I got a brief glimpse into the outskirts of something that passes human understanding. I don't need religion to remain unafraid to die to this day.

Wirelessly posted

Can you prove aliens didn't visit us?

Of course not. That is why I say that it isn't my truth. However, it may very well be the truth of another. Who am I to say that aliens didn't actually visit them? I can only say that the truth of my experience is that aliens, to my conscious knowledge, have not visited me.

I agree. I notice, though, that those who had out-of-body or near-death experiences are quiet here. I had one almost three years ago, and let me tell you, it is still indescribable. I floated above the hospital bed, riding visible waves of laughing music, saw my weeping sister looking at my x-ray charts in the next room with a doctor who murmured that one of my lungs was about to burst, and I entered a speck of dust and saw the enthralling worlds of heartbreaking beauty within. I was dumbfounded, then POP, I was back in this dreary world. I won't claim to have seen Heaven, far from it. But I got a brief glimpse into the outskirts of something that passes human understanding. I don't need religion to remain unafraid to die to this day.

I have heard many accountings of near death experience. All are reports of peaceful and comforting experiences. No need to debate whether there is a biological or a spiritual explanation. All that needs to be known is that is the truth of your experience and it provides you with courage and personal growth. No one can tell you that your experience wasn't the truth for you.

Back