AllDeaf: Suggestions for Improvement

LinuxGold said:
I'd rather to have images with alt tags attached to them, explaining what they will lead.

I would rather to have 5 different images making it clear where it goes to, instead of 5 similar arrow images.

javapride said:
HI steveyboy im suprised theres a thread abt this, and im glad too, the first question u asked abt notifcation letting the author know where your thread is, if its been moved, I say yes we should be told where the thread is, so we don't have to search.

Yeah I thought about it before. That's true, it'd save your time on AD if I contacted ya. So I am asking if I am going to contact you that some of your threads already moved, which is better way to contact you? Sending via PM or email?

javapride said:
the other thing i think there should be a sub cagetories for pagers like SideKick as there is SO many threads about sidekick in the techologies forum, as of last night i counted 8 threads about sidekick. that's an example :)

Okay, I'll try to contact Alex about it. I am sure he would approve your idea. If he does not agreed with it, I'd merge all sidekick threads into one place to save some times for the members.

javapride said:
OFC the mods have been doing great job with good proper duty and etc. :) just do the best you can !

Thank you for taking your time to response my questions. Hopefully, I'd able to find time to moderate AllDeaf this fall.

ChelEler said:
Yes, it would be helpful. If an author doesn't want to be informed, she/he can have her/his option chosen in her/his profile for not being informed.

Yeah, I had thought about it too. I will going to talk to AllDeaf mod team about it. I think it's going to be improve for better and quicker communication between AD Mod Team and members without troubles or difficulties

ChelEler said:
Yes and no. In the original AD2, I was completely satisfied until someone made some changes to these buttons listed near the right-top corner (buddy list, view newest..., mark all..., etc). It confuses me because there's no caption next to these buttons to let me know which button to click. I often clicked on the "mark all forums read" by accident, and I had to go through most recent threads to see what I have missed afterward... it's a hassle.

Yeah, don't worry about it. Keep ignoring those buttons until it get fixed correctly. If you can't ignore it, make sure to hover one of the buttons because it will pop up and tell what is it for. It'll not going to last forever.

ChelEler said:
Relay? Don't you mean 'reply?' :D
Yesssssss.... :o

*coughs* I haven't been in here in a while, so I can't really say lol, but I see no needed improvements. I even got the automatic coding of colors in highlighted text feature back like in AD1; that's one thing I'm most happy about.

Last edited:
kuifje75 said:
I did inform you that your posts were unacceptable, didn't I?
like when? i think you talked about few months ago, but i was talkin about few weeks ago or so

Well, I did inform you and you got mad with me every time. There is no pleasing you however I do something.

vvti low rolla said:
well, hell if any mods delete my post, then you guys gotta inform me or otherwise, i slap ur face like what i did to your mom.

Hate to disappoint you. Let me remind you to read the Forum Rules in other forum. Forum Rules Check on second sentence from begin.
"The Administrator (Me) and moderators reserve the right to remove, edit or move posts without explanation."

If you don't like that rule then inform Alex about the rules.

as far as im concerned, from reading between kootchie and lasza's info and vvti's comments abt this, kootchie didn't have to inform you that your thread was removed or your posting was removed, for reasons whatever it is, but he did cuz he wanted poeple to be aware of it without any flaming. As for lasza's posting, she made a point and i have seen that forum rules if my thread was removed for certain reasons i would wait or just let it go and letting it go is the best option. cuz its not going to help u none if u keep bitching about it, U do have the right to demand knowleldge, but do not have to bitch abt it in every thread if that posting was removed. common sense and respect prevails, while disrespecting and *bashing* moderators arent acceptable. if ur pissed abt a certain posting THEN PM those involved ( the mods) so ud ont have to waste a post and communicate with them!

going back to the purpose of this Thread, I also want to ask AD if there is any way they can warn us ahead of time if AD will be down for a certain period of time by via e mail those who left e mail permissions and so we will be aware of it. with exception to unexpected downtime, reason why im suggesting it.......... I got TOO MANY ims wondering abt this even though im an AD hog here ( LOL) I just want to be fair to all so that there would be NO plms in informations, so if they don t get the e mail, THEY WILL know its related OUTSIDE of AD while if ur planning to do a update or anything u can fyi us at least 24-48 hours in advance like you did when u moved, AND also do emails ( if u have that database of emailing all at once) so we would be aware of the prosepct and know not to try and attempt goinginto AD for that period of time. AND how long it would be down would be perfect to So we will know beforehand. hope no one argh me for suggesting t his. but it seemed as good as any or WILD IDEA< have each mod take certain amount of nbrs of members and then alex can IM/EMAIL those who are mods and have them do the *spam* e mail when its not really spam, for downtime on AD its just an suggestion :)

Should we notify you if one of us (mod team) move your thread to different forum instead of being confused and not knowing where it is?

HELL yes!!!!

Are you fully satisfied how we run in AllDeaf?

YEPSIE!!! I have suggestions how to improve penis forum :naughty:

What your suggestions in what areas should we improve on?

too naughty to post!!!!

This will be a two part answer.....

On the serious side I would like to see the {view new posts} button as far away from the {mark all forums read}button as possible.

The Mods have done a wonderful job but I would like to see more done thru PM. I know if I did something wrong I would rather see it in my PM box that plastered in a post somewhere for everyone to read. That would give me a chance to explain myself or edit/delete my post. Sometimes immediate action by the mods in necessary but I have seen some posts that would have been better served to be sent thru PM only. It would sure save a lot of hard feelings. but again, overall I give the Mods a big two thumbs up.

On the not so serious side....................

I believe all female members should have an avatar of themselves naked.

I believe I should be made "alldeaf god" With powers to change any wording in any post that I see fit. {but absolutely no responsibilities }.

I believe all words from Charlies Chickies chicktionary should be banned.

bbnt said:
This will be a two part answer.....

On the serious side I would like to see the {view new posts} button as far away from the {mark all forums read}button as possible.

The Mods have done a wonderful job but I would like to see more done thru PM. I know if I did something wrong I would rather see it in my PM box that plastered in a post somewhere for everyone to read. That would give me a chance to explain myself or edit/delete my post. Sometimes immediate action by the mods in necessary but I have seen some posts that would have been better served to be sent thru PM only. It would sure save a lot of hard feelings. but again, overall I give the Mods a big two thumbs up.

Yeah, I agree with you about the Mods being given big :thumb: for their great work on this site! :)

bbnt said:

I believe I should be made "alldeaf god" With powers to change any wording in any post that I see fit. {but absolutely no responsibilities }.

:rofl: :laugh2: Very phunny, bbnt! :P I don't think a lot of us ladies will be willing to post an avatar of ourselves naked. Pffth... Dream on, bbnt!

bbnt said:

This SHOULD be bbnt's avatar, a secret snapshot of bbnt in his college days!!!

jackass_3.jpg

kuifje75 said:
This SHOULD be bbnt's avatar, a secret snapshot of bbnt in his college days!!!

jackass_3.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: Dang! Yeah, that DOES look suspiciously like bbnt!!! Hey, bbnt...you've been :Owned:

I just had another thought..

Is there a spellchecker option for everytime someone makes a post and wants to make sure it is spelled correctly??? If AllDeaf doesn't have that option already, perhaps consider it in the near future version of AD?

also I have another suggestion some areas are useless in the threads and forums the little boxes next to the ( for example) GD <previous thread|next thread> where it says linear hybrid and threaded, I don't see any use for that could those be removed and replaced with something such as like a Stop load in case u forgotten to add something and not want to repeat editing? just a thought :)

Oh, yeah!! One more thing, maybe we should have a special page as a blog for us to use to make fun of bbnt on http://makefunofbbnt.alldeaf.com !!

/me shouts: "Dibs for first blog post!"

/me posts:
I see a potential child of bbnt!!! Here is my vision:
childofbbnt.jpg

:rofl: Ya know I am teasing ya, bbnt!! ;)

:rofl: Cute idea! :) I like Javapride's idea as well -- and why not set up a special blog page specially for teasing and stirring bbnt as he's been doing to everyone else in his threads! :naughty:

Back