AllDeaf: Suggestions for Improvement

Stevey Boy

Reaction score
Hi. I'm part of AllDeaf Mod Team. Remind: This is not an official thread for AllDeaf Mod Team. I am doing this for myself. I am taking a little research how to improve in AllDeaf forum. There's nothing wrong with AllDeaf.

My questions to the members:

Should we notify you if one of us (mod team) move your thread to different forum instead of being confused and not knowing where it is?

Are you fully satisfied how we run in AllDeaf?

What your suggestions in what areas should we improve on?

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you'd post a relay to this thread.

HI steveyboy im suprised theres a thread abt this, and im glad too, the first question u asked abt notifcation letting the author know where your thread is, if its been moved, I say yes we should be told where the thread is, so we don't have to search. umm, the other thing i think there should be a sub cagetories for pagers like SideKick as there is SO many threads about sidekick in the techologies forum, as of last night i counted 8 threads about sidekick. that's an example :) umm other than that AD has been going great no one is perfect and we know that this site is new and is still upgrading itself, ( for ADv2.5 upgrade) So it ll take time and to see what's new and what's not new AND OFC the mods have been doing great job with good proper duty and etc. :) just do the best you can !

Stevey Boy said:
My questions to the members:

Should we notify you if one of us (mod team) move your thread to different forum instead of being confused and not knowing where it is?
Yes, it would be helpful. If an author doesn't want to be informed, she/he can have her/his option chosen in her/his profile for not being informed.

Yes and no. In the original AD2, I was completely satisfied until someone made some changes to these buttons listed near the right-top corner (buddy list, view newest..., mark all..., etc). It confuses me because there's no caption next to these buttons to let me know which button to click. I often clicked on the "mark all forums read" by accident, and I had to go through most recent threads to see what I have missed afterward... it's a hassle.

See answer to the 2nd question.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you'd post a relay to this thread.
Relay? Don't you mean 'reply?' :D

Hi Steveyboy, in the past, I have always tried to inform the members if their threads were moved. In case a merge was made, I also try to inform the member as well. As far as I know, none of the member complained about that notification method.

As for the new version of Alldeaf, I agree with ChelEler about the five arrow buttons on the upper right area. It takes some using to.

As for how the moderating team runs the board, I think that up until recently, it went pretty well. Granted, we had to take actions that bothered some of the members, but the most important thing was to keep this a friendly atmosphere without insulting members. The members need to remember that it is their board, so it is totally up to them to respect each other.

From my experience in moderating in other forum, I believe that when problems arise where moderators are unsure of what actions to take, I think it would be a good idea for the moderator(s) to contact other moderator(s) online (through IM or PM) and discuss the problem. Also, if the member's information is available, to contact with the member to clarify on their postings, to see what their intentions are. Overt meanness should, however, not be tolerated.

Let me revisit the theme about POSTWHORING. I have noticed that some members do not understand what I said in the past. I think it would be all right to limit postwhoring to 2 or 3 threads, as long as it doesn't go on in the other threads. There is no reason for the members to not to have small talk and so on and to limit it there. Chatroom was supposed to be a solution for it, but of course, we no longer have one now.

Well, that is my five cents' worth for now.

well, hell if any mods delete my post, then you guys gotta inform me or otherwise, i slap ur face like what i did to your mom.

That's great idea for set the thread for feedback. Trying to get us to be involve in AD community as well.

Hi, I am glad that you brought up feedback thread for us ADers. That's what we need it. There are two areas that AD needs to improve:

Anyway, I suggest moderators to block on troublemakers from other forums from registering here. I understand it is hard, but you can try to do your best you can. Really, I am tired to seeing many negative handles here.

Speaking of reputation button, I am always curious about other people's reputation buttons, but I noticed that I can't view how many points they have. I understand AD still upgrades and fixes problems. I believe it will take time to develop eventually.

I guess that's all so far. Unless I have more thoughts, so I will post later on.

Otherwise, AD forum design is very awesome. :cool:

yes i am overall satisfied how it is run -- i believe we have the best mod team on this forum as opposed to other forums ive visited and 2 in particular stands out on their mod team and how inappropriate they are due to my noticing that the mods are very respectable with the members on the board and gives feedback when its requested and etc :thumb: to u mods on the team!!!!!

i agree with the other members in ref to the 5 arrows on the top right corner of the board -- altho i myself have gotten used to the new look of the board -- it would be good for those to have name next to it or below it to let other members know which button is for what -- i also agree that the mods should at least notify the member if a thread was moved to another forum or whatever it is -- i personally have not had any specific problems to that in that regard since i do try to put a note for the mods to move the thread if they feel its more appropriate at the other forum as opposed to a forum i had posted a new thread in

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you'd post a relay to this thread

ANYTIME Stevey! i support this thread and the inclusiveness of the members and hearing their feedback on the board so it would be a more fun place to come to make posts in :thumb:

WTG AllDeaf.com!!!

G'day,
It's good to see this thread -- that shows that we all are trying to work together as a team...which consists of the administrator, moderators and members of this forum. It makes me feel good knowing that I can be a part of this and can try throwing in a point or two towards enabling AD in becoming a friendly-user forum for us deafies...of course, it doesn't have to be only deafies as I've seen a few hearing people join up with us! :thumb:

Generally, I've not found anything that has bothered me with the exception of the buttons which a few have already mentioned, so won't repeat here.

WTG, AllDeaf.com! :applause:

Fly Free said:
yes i am overall satisfied how it is run -- i believe we have the best mod team on this forum as opposed to other forums ive visited and 2 in particular stands out on their mod team and how inappropriate they are due to my noticing that the mods are very respectable with the members on the board and gives feedback when its requested and etc :thumb: to u mods on the team!!!!!

i agree with the other members in ref to the 5 arrows on the top right corner of the board -- altho i myself have gotten used to the new look of the board -- it would be good for those to have name next to it or below it to let other members know which button is for what -- i also agree that the mods should at least notify the member if a thread was moved to another forum or whatever it is -- i personally have not had any specific problems to that in that regard since i do try to put a note for the mods to move the thread if they feel its more appropriate at the other forum as opposed to a forum i had posted a new thread in

ANYTIME Stevey! i support this thread and the inclusiveness of the members and hearing their feedback on the board so it would be a more fun place to come to make posts in :thumb:

WTG AllDeaf.com!!!
very heck :werd: :werd: :werd: big times I consider this AD better than than one most disrespect forum as well as u suspect to know what i really talk about ....

For those arrow icons on the top right...

Those are part of the upgrade that Alex is still working on. He may add new buttons or just change them to simple text links.

Which would you guys prefer?

VamPyroX said:

Those are part of the upgrade that Alex is still working on. He may add new buttons or just change them to simple text links.

i think maybe having a word to go with a button to show which is for what qq i think that would be helpful for the members and the new members as well when they first register onto the board and familiarize themselves with the locations of different buttons

VamPyroX said:

Hmm... do you mean simple text links like with no emoticons and no pix shown on the website? Explain a little more, please.

ChelEler said:
Hmm... do you mean simple text links like with no emoticons and no pix shown on the website? Explain a little more, please.
Okay... which would you rather have?

newthread.gif
reply.gif

or

New Thread Post Reply

vampy i think they are refering to the 5 arrows that says *view new post* , not the ones that are in the bottom of this page that is akready veiwed there, the new posted search engine is what most of those poeple are refering to. those are what these poeple are suggesting. a new icon or simple text line where it says veiw new postings.

VamPyroX said:

newthread.gif
reply.gif

or

New Thread Post Reply

With images (with captions shown on the images) look better for me. Why don't we have our options in our setting to choose text only or the other way? What do you think?

VamPyroX said:

newthread.gif
reply.gif

or

New Thread Post Reply

Vampy -- both i believe would get a bit confusing -- something that stands off as itself for other links to new posts and etc :dunno: how best to explain this -- perhaps something smaller than those sizes but bigger than the current 5 arrow buttons would help the members know which is which qq

uhmm i hope u get the idea of what i am explaining (or at least trying to LOL) -- if i dont seem to make sense, please let me know and ill attempt another explaination and try to be more clear

javapride said:
vampy i think they are refering to the 5 arrows that says *view new post* , not the ones that are in the bottom of this page that is akready veiwed there, the new posted search engine is what most of those poeple are refering to. those are what these poeple are suggesting. a new icon or simple text line where it says veiw new postings.
I know that they were referring to the five arrows on top. I was answering that post regarding my answer about icons and text.

VamPyroX said:
I know that they were referring to the five arrows on top. I was answering that post regarding my answer about icons and text.
I'd rather to have images with alt tags attached to them, explaining what they will lead.

Back