Airplane Crash today and is Missing

Why can't they use sonar device to locate the plane? Use submarine? It is 2014, we have so many techniques that would solve the problem quickly huh?
They are already on it.

Weren't there reports of an oil leak? That situation would definitely cause the engines to stall and result in the plane to nosedive. I guess damaged oil or hydraulic llines won't be obvious until the aircraft is in use.

Weren't there reports of an oil leak? That situation would definitely cause the engines to stall and result in the plane to nosedive. I guess damaged oil or hydraulic llines won't be obvious until the aircraft is in use.

from CNN:
Rahman discounted media reports that a plane door had been spotted.
"That report was not verified officially by the Vietnamese authorities," he said.
Another report said the plane's tail had been found. That, too, is untrue, he said.
The only lead investigators have is an oil slick that a Vietnamese plane spotted, 90 miles south of Vietnam's Tho Chu Island in the Gulf of Thailand.
The oil slick stretched between 6 and 9 miles -- and is being lab-tested.
No emergency signal has been detected by any search vessels or aircraft. And family members of passengers are being told to prepare for the worst.
"For the aircraft to go missing just like that ... as far as we are concerned, we are equally puzzled as well," Rahman said.
"We have to find the aircraft."

:shock:

I feel so bad for all of the families. I'm sure they're just sick knowing what their family members last minutes on earth were like. Something I could never get over.

Why can't they use sonar device to locate the plane? Use submarine? It is 2014, we have so many techniques that would solve the problem quickly huh?

Sonar_BAS.jpg

Only modern vessels have the technology to find the blackboxes. Those from southeast asia are primitive and useless, the US, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or Australian navies have the capability to do so.

Only modern vessels have the technology to find the blackboxes. Those from southeast asia are primitive and useless, the US, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or Australian navies have the capability to do so.
we, australians sent PC-3 Orion planes to Malaysia to assist the search.

The Orions, of which Australia has 19 in total, will be based at Butterworth in Malaysia's Penang province and their sophisticated equipment is expected to be able to detect the plane's black box recorder.

Read more: Australia sends RAAF planes to help in search for missing Malaysia Airlines jet

if they don't find anything then it wud be like the repeat of "lost" t.v show :roll: but really I hope they can find something soon but I'm having a weird feeling that it didn't crash but nobody knows if they crashed on any island or near water? nobody knows.. till they find the black box and etc then it will show more evidence that they are looking for but yes I agree it's really a mystery it makes me feel confused and don't know why nobody checked those 2 stolen passports.. I just hope it's not a terrorist attack or hijacked the plane..

They can but they still have to be in range of the wreckage; that's a large area they're covering.

The oil slick was bunker oil (maritime) not aviation fuel.

I think that if it were a bomb, there would be a wide debris field, meaning you would see pieces of the plane in the ocean or jungle. But what is odd is that the pilots didn't issue a distress call. The weather was fine,so whatever it was,it took the pilots by surprise. Air France #447 plane that went down was caused by icing in pitot tubes. The Maylasian plane was a 777-200, the airframe was only 11.5 years old. The Boeing 777-200 has an excellent safety record. On Fox News,they are reporting a door from the plane has been spotted. I saw the pic,and it does look like a plane door. Also The plane was last inspected 10 days ago and found to be in proper condition. I thought about pilot error being the cause of the crash,but if that's the case,why no distress call? Also saw on a Chinese news site,a video of a man calling his family member,(who was a passanger) cell phone. Instead of going to voice mail, the passengers phone rang and and I guess disconnected. That's weird too. Whatever happened,it was a sudden and catastrophic event,and possibly a criminal act.

The debris was not from the plane , someone said if the plane broke apart in the air there would had been no time to to send a distress call.

They can but they still have to be in range of the wreckage; that's a large area they're covering.

People are saying the plane could had made a uturn and crash in another body of water . The whole thing is so strange, it's like a Twilight Zone movie but this is really happening . I hope the families will get some answer soon , this has to be so horrible for them not knowing what happen to their loves one or where their bodies are.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-knowns-unknowns/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

I just found this on CNN , I did not read the whole story yet.

You would think a person could tell if a passport been tampered with. A new photo would have put in the passport,. I have my dad passport and I wanted to have a copy made of his photo but I was not allowed to. I said my dad I been dead for years put that made no difference . I guess there need to way to take people passport photos so they can't replace with a fake one.

People are saying the plane could had made a uturn and crash in another body of water . The whole thing is so strange, it's like a Twilight Zone movie but this is really happening . I hope the families will get some answer soon , this has to be so horrible for them not knowing what happen to their loves one or where their bodies are.

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: What we know and don't know - CNN.com

I just found this on CNN , I did not read the whole story yet.

You would think a person could tell if a passport been tampered with. A new photo would have put in the passport,. I have my dad passport and I wanted to have a copy made of his photo but I was not allowed to. I said my dad I been dead for years put that made no difference . I guess there need to way to take people passport photos so they can't replace with a fake one.
The tickets of the two passengers with stolen passports were one-way. :hmm:

Using sonar is like searching for a needle in a haystack except the needle keeps moving and there's more than one haystack to search.

Something else to consider. The water in that area is full of WWII sunken war ships and lots of other shipping debris on the bottom. Lots of distraction.

I suspect a terrorist turned off the communication signal device inside plane so they can not find the plane, and that plane landed somewhere (hidden place) safe. They are waiting for something like spring break time - more flights are in the sky due to college/high school spring break retreat then that plane refuel and ready to attack somewhere. :Ohno:

I suspect a terrorist turned off the communication signal device inside plane so they can not find the plane, and that plane landed somewhere (hidden place) safe. They are waiting for something like spring break time - more flights are in the sky due to college/high school spring break retreat then that plane refuel and ready to attack somewhere. :Ohno:
A couple of problems with that theory.

1. The ground lost radar contact with the plane. It would be very hard to do that with a large commercial plane.

2. It would need a large, clear landing field that no one has detected.

Nothing is impossible but that does seem improbable.

Back