Airplane Crash today and is Missing

I've been following this story. How horrible for all those on board and their families. Prayers to all those affected by this tragedy.....

Laura

Two people had stolen passports on the planes and that is being investigated , I hope it was not a terrorists attack. This is very tragic.
:(

when there is no debris floating around in the ocean like this... it's usually cuz a plane nosedived into ocean at high-rate of speed and bam... you get almost no sign of crash...

Two people had stolen passports on the planes and that is being investigated , I hope it was not a terrorists attack. This is very tragic.
:(

it's 3.

2 Austrian and 1 Italian passports

it's 3.

2 Austrian and 1 Italian passports
no, not 3. Only 2, according to the reports. Both were stolen and the actual people are alive and well in their countries. Where did that number appear to come from, Jiro? :/

I've been following this story. How horrible for all those on board and their families. Prayers to all those affected by this tragedy.....

Laura
Im the same, have been following the updates since I learnt the news.... :eek:

no, not 3. Only 2, according to the reports. Both were stolen and the actual people are alive and well in their countries. Where did that number appear to come from, Jiro? :/

no. it's not just 2. it's "at least" 2. investigation's still on-going and now FBI is involved.

Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight - CNN.com
Similarly, Italy's foreign ministry confirmed that no Italians were on the flight, even though an Italian was listed on the manifest. Malaysian officials said they were aware of reports that the Italian's passport was also stolen but had not confirmed it.

On Saturday, Italian police visited the home of the parents of Luigi Maraldi, the man whose name appeared on the manifest, to inform them about the missing flight, said a police official in Cesena, in northern Italy.

Maraldi's father, Walter, told police that he had just spoken to his son, who was fine and not on the missing flight, said the official, who is not authorized to speak to the media. Maraldi was vacationing in Thailand, his father said. The police official said that Maraldi had reported his passport stolen in Malaysia last August and had obtained a new one.

no. it's just not carefully worded. it's media.... what you expect?

but about the Italian passport.... investigation's still on-going and it's not confirmed yet so it's "at least" two stolen passports for now...
Ok, fair enough :dunno:

If it was a terrorist attack wouldn't someone come forward to claim it by now?

It is so so so sad. I feel horrible for everyone involved. I'm following the story but it keeps making me cry. I hate to see people hurting so badly.

If it was a terrorist attack wouldn't someone come forward to claim it by now?

It is so so so sad. I feel horrible for everyone involved. I'm following the story but it keeps making me cry. I hate to see people hurting so badly.
Good point. At this stage - it is an unsolved mystery, I am still intrigued to know what really happened to the accident.

Good point. At this stage - it is an unsolved mystery, I am still intrigued to know what really happened to the accident.
Maybe the black boxes will reveal something, if they find them.

Maybe the black boxes will reveal something, if they find them.
These black boxes are very critical to the airline industry, and it is a very useful thing for them to figure out what really happened. This story, makes me think about the Air France crash back in 2009 - I watched the Air investigation TV Show here only last summer and they explained what really happened to that Air France flight - disappointing but yet sad.

Not necessarily....but at this point it's looking more like a horrible accident.

The airplane had a wing repaired a few years ago and that is being consider as a possibility of the crash . They hope to find the black boxes and see if they learn the cause of the crash. I did not see the comment about the black boxes but we'ae thinking the same thing.

Back