Age is just number...

Yep, I socialize with many deaf of all ages too here at the deaf club.

I have a Question.

I live in Baltimore Maryland & have no idea where deaf hang out. can someone tell me how do I find a local deaf community? who do I call, or write, contact??

I think as long as you have something in common itcan be easy to talk to folks of any age. I am 38, and spend time with people from toddler to 90 years old. They all have wonderful things to add to a relationship. Friendships are a beautiful thing. I have really enjoyed seeing how everyone here care about one another. Age doesn't matter here of face to face. I just wish I could find deaf/HOH friends near me.

Same here...about finding friends near me I mean...

I'm in Baltimore MD & it gets lonely not having people to talk to, or just having 1 person 24/7 to talk to...

not looking for a sweetheart, just socialize

There are many many deaf people in MD. Galludet University is in Washington Dc. I think the most deaf people are in Greenbelt. I am sure you can google for a deaf club in Baltimore or close-by. Go to the club and see what happened then.

I don't believe a DEAF child CAN use a hearing aid-60 years ago OR today. I exclude the self defined "cultural deaf". As I have mentioned before : the word "deaf/DEAF" means silence therefore NO hearing aid can assist. All of this from my real personal experience of over 40 years.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I will have to disagree with you. Deaf comes in varying degrees. I consider myself Deaf as I can't hear almost everything without hearing aids yet I can hear many things with hearing aids.

Perhaps a new label-DEAF except when using a Hearing Aid OR Cochlear Implant.
Does suggest-perhaps- why such "confusion" on a medical condition-deafness?

Perhaps a new label-DEAF except when using a Hearing Aid OR Cochlear Implant.
Does suggest-perhaps- why such "confusion" on a medical condition-deafness?

It seems like you are the one who is confused, not us.

i tend to get on better with older folks (and no not that randy granny, shes a good laugh but i keep my distance, as does a lot of other mates too)...put differently i cant stand pomous old fashioned but outdoorsy beer drinking old follks are hard cases...they are more fun that the young aggressive *i want to show i drink more than you* the olds are like drink on own pace and just want to laugh...pity i cant find younger folks who do that, and when i do find them they have money what they do? buy flash clothes , cars and brag about that, bloody shallow people

*gulp* You crack me up! :laugh2:

BUT, I can probably drink *you* under table. :giggle:

I don't believe a DEAF child CAN use a hearing aid-60 years ago OR today. I exclude the self defined "cultural deaf". As I have mentioned before : the word "deaf/DEAF" means silence therefore NO hearing aid can assist. All of this from my real personal experience of over 40 years.

You are and embarrassment to *MY* community. :roll:

my deaf friends are all different ages. i don't care what age a person is, as long as they're fun to hang out with and easy to talk with.

when it comes to dating i like men that are 20-30! :D

Deaf in Baltimore

I have a Question.

I live in Baltimore Maryland & have no idea where deaf hang out. can someone tell me how do I find a local deaf community? who do I call, or write, contact??

Hey James, I am right there with ya..smile, if you find a place let me know I have been looking myself and really need a break now....I found a couple of spots but I wasn't good enough at signing, it was after my injury and I had forgotten my basic ASL..lol..plus not able to drink so I sat for a while and no one even tried to communicate with me..sad...smile but I will not let all this hold me down...I am resilient..yeah! Peace james and thanks for the compliment....smile..Midnight

*gulp* You crack me up! :laugh2:

BUT, I can probably drink *you* under table. :giggle:

you'd have to wear curly grey hair wig and borrow a walking stick, then come in the club, and just pretend you dropped your bingo slip under the table LOL

Back