Age is just number...

There's a lot of knowledge to be learned, whether it's an older member or a young member, high schooler, college student, stay at home Mom, even a retiree....Never let ur brain go stale....Read and learn and listen. Be "open" to all opinions and input and state ur own.

Very true. I only change the way I talk if I know the person is a teen. We have some 14, 15, 16 year old on here and I try to be considerate of what I would expect a teen to know/be exposed to. That age group does not normally have the emotional maturity to handle strong negative comments. And might be more easily influenced. Then again I've seen some adults here struggle with their maturity too. But the rest of the time, I talk like we are all one big family and I know if I mess up someone will call me on it and we will all have a good laugh about it.

I hate it when people are making big deal about the ages unnecessarily. I love to hang with my friends no matter how old they are.

I hate it when people are making big deal about the ages unnecessarily. I love to hang with my friends no matter how old they are.

Me too. What was really interesting from personal experience is that people my age are far less judgmental about age differences than young people.

I agree completely.

However, there are people who are in their 40s and beyond who will hang out with young people (teenagers and young adults) because all of their friends are married and busy with their lives. So they feel like they have no choice but to hang out with 20-something people and will do anything to stay "cool".

not always, i know a 76 yo lady goes 'i want your cock! i will teach you, you good kisser?' and not its not on this forum , i mean in real life,,, geeez some people DONT grow 'old' lol

oh hey... that's true! :hmm:

not always, i know a 76 yo lady goes 'i want your cock! i will teach you, you good kisser?' and not its not on this forum , i mean in real life,,, geeez some people DONT grow 'old' lol

Did you accept her offer?

did you see cobwebs on her fanny? :lol:

I've also noticed that the Deaf community is more racially integrated than hearing society. Part of my perception may be where I live, though. I'd really perfer a more eclectic area.

I've also noticed that the Deaf community is more racially integrated than hearing society. Part of my perception may be where I live, though. I'd really perfer a more eclectic area.

Just goes to show, children don't know racial prejudice and have to be taught.

A lot of Deaf children growing up in deaf schools get a fresh start in this area (at least more so than hearing kids). I only went to a deaf school for 1 & 2nd grade so maybe my perception is off?

It is that sameness of life experience than transcends the age, gender, and racial restraints we see otherwise. That is something that so many hearing parents fail to recognize. The experience of their deaf child is going to mirror the experience of someone who was a deaf child 60 years ago. It hasn't changed, and I doubt very seriously that we will ever see that change.

What are the "deaf experiences" of the child with a Cochlear Implant-which didn't exist 60 years ago- Valid?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

What are the "deaf experiences" of the child with a Cochlear Implant-which didn't exist 60 years ago- Valid?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

The same as the deaf child with the HA from 60 years ago. What part of that don't you get? The CI does nothing, nothing, nothing to change the fact that it is still a deaf child in a majority hearing society. What is so hard to understand about that?

It is that sameness of life experience than transcends the age, gender, and racial restraints we see otherwise. That is something that so many hearing parents fail to recognize. The experience of their deaf child is going to mirror the experience of someone who was a deaf child 60 years ago. It hasn't changed, and I doubt very seriously that we will ever see that change.

And the hearing society can learn a thing or two from us, eh?

the last 2 posts is really thought provoking....
i dont know what to say but its really makes me wonder how can we bring this in to hearing peoples' attention, i mean if we can then this would be a HUGE difference in terms of hearing people to BEGIN to LISTEN to US !!!

Back