AG Bell against ASL commerical

Very predictable of you. You wait for everyone else to answer first. Take some initiative and share your own thoughts first for a change.

Hardly, since my answer might come as a shock to some people. Just be patience.

True...she didn't say that. What about SEE signers?

Yes, they have SEE culture. Where they have SEE Way I, SEE Way II, SEELympics and so forth. It is so wonderful for them.

They don't have culture like signers do. Shel didn't say they have no culture.

Um...if HOH/deaf people don't sign, don't hang out with the Deaf, and are pretty much lone agents, they don't have culture because they are not exactly part of a HOH community or using their own language or arts that are particular to them. By design (usually), they are brought up to be isolated from others like themselves.

Um...if HOH/deaf people don't sign, don't hang out with the Deaf, and are pretty much lone agents, they don't have culture because they are not exactly part of a HOH community or using their own language or arts that are particular to them. By design (usually), they are brought up to be isolated from others like themselves.

I'd say they have their own culture, whatever that might be they feel they are a part of. I'm sure they hang out whether it's among their hoh/deaf peers/friends/community or with hearing people/community. There are those who are not as social and those who are. I'm always taking into consideration the whole range of people with a variety of hearing loss from mild to profound.

I'd say they have their own culture, whatever that might be they feel they are a part of. I'm sure they hang out whether it's among their hoh/deaf peers/friends/community or with hearing people/community. There are those who are not as social and those who are. I'm always taking into consideration the whole range of people with a variety of hearing loss from mild to profound.

Then again....some can be highly social without belonging to any "culture" at all. :)

Yes, but they don't have culture relating to being deaf or hard of hearing.

AH! I GOT IT! It's like the way you can celebrate being American, but not everyone can be German-Amercian, or Greek-American or whatever American.

So there is SEElympics, SEENation, SEE Way I, and SEE Way II? Wow! How did I miss that?

Back