Ack! S-O-S Help!

Need help with my computer that has problem with boot that it repeat itself over and over again and i cannot get it start up. I tried everything with F8, F12 and Delete to get it start, but no luck! But i just found it out that on the internet that looks good to be true .... The Boot CD and have you ever tried this one yet? Do you think that this one will help to start boot my computer without taking it to computer shop for extra bucks? (I had to borrow my wife's computer to use it) Or do you have any ideas how to get my computer back on i meant boot it up on BIOS??? I am so helpless with that!!!!!

Hi,

ok, I want to know little more detail where's reboot at.

When you turn the computer on, you seeing the BIOS' basic informations like model name, model numbers, etc or a logo picture. Did it reboot by itself right there?

Or...

Did it happen during Windows boot up process?

Let me know which one.

Hope hear from you soon. :)

PS. Usually it works for me, I reset the factory setting back to default BIOS. For some reasons, it could be hardware issues. But just let me know.

Need help with my computer that has problem with boot that it repeat itself over and over again and i cannot get it start up. I tried everything with F8, F12 and Delete to get it start, but no luck! But i just found it out that on the internet that looks good to be true .... The Boot CD and have you ever tried this one yet? Do you think that this one will help to start boot my computer without taking it to computer shop for extra bucks? (I had to borrow my wife's computer to use it) Or do you have any ideas how to get my computer back on i meant boot it up on BIOS??? I am so helpless with that!!!!!

I never tried 'The Boot CD'. This one is user friendly for people who ain't experts.

For my works, I often uses UBD - Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

and...

BartPE - Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD

Hi,

ok, I want to know little more detail where's reboot at.

When you turn the computer on, you seeing the BIOS' basic informations like model name, model numbers, etc or a logo picture. Did it reboot by itself right there?

Or...

Did it happen during Windows boot up process?

Let me know which one.

Hope hear from you soon. :)

PS. Usually it works for me, I reset the factory setting back to default BIOS. For some reasons, it could be hardware issues. But just let me know.

Ok... at first, i turned the computer on and it has reboot itself as there is no model name, model number or others like that except it kept saying

=========================================================
We apologized for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice

I did use Start Windows Normally and Last Known Good Configuration... nothing happened except kept repeating over and over again in same words above!!!! It could be hardware problem. I have been trying to use F8 to get it back to Factory settings and still no luck! But it shows Windows logo on it but it went back to death blue for very short time and then back to repeat words... i am just frustration by this that's all.... :mad:

Did you tried Safe Mode with Command Prompt? Let me know if this can get there without freezing up'

If you made it to the dos prompt,

Type "defrag c:" then press 'enter', it'll able to check all of the sectors and have them get back in order. Hope this'll fix.

Let me know how it go.

Thanks.

Ok... at first, i turned the computer on and it has reboot itself as there is no model name, model number or others like that except it kept saying

We apologized for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode

Start Windows Normally

I did use Start Windows Normally and Last Known Good Configuration... nothing happened except kept repeating over and over again in same words above!!!! It could be hardware problem. I have been trying to use F8 to get it back to Factory settings and still no luck! But it shows Windows logo on it but it went back to death blue for very short time and then back to repeat words... i am just frustration by this that's all.... :mad:

Did you tried Safe Mode with Command Prompt? Let me know if this can get there without freezing up'

If you made it to the dos prompt,

Type "defrag c:" then press 'enter', it'll able to check all of the sectors and have them get back in order. Hope this'll fix.

Let me know how it go.

Thanks.

I tried to use Safe Mode with Command Prompt and it kept doing repeating itself over and over again same words except the end that are different.... Just like this....... and won't let me type defrag c: on command prompt at all.......

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)portition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\________.sys

But when i looked at "AMIBIOS Simple Setup Utility" listed below.....
LBA BLK PIO 32 Bit
Type Size Cyln Head Pcom Sec Mode Mode Mode Mode
Pri Master: Auto - ON
Pri Slave: Auto - ON
Sec Master: Auto - ON
Sec Slave: Auto - ON

Floppy Drive A: 1.44MB 3 1/2
Floppy Drive B: Not Installed

Quick Boot - Enabled
1st Boot Device - IDE-0
2nd Boot Device - Floppy
3rd Boot Device - CDROM
Try Other Boot Device - Yes
S.M.A.R.T. for Hard Disks - Disabled
BootUp Num-Lock - On
Floppy Drive Swap - Disabled
Floppy Drive Seek - Disabled
Password Check - Setup
Boot to O/S 2>64MB - NO
L1 Cache - Enabled
L2 Cache - Enabled
System BIOS Cacheable - Disabled
Graphic Win Size - 64M
DRAM Timing Configuration - Normal
SDR/DDR CAS Latency - SPD
SDR/DDR RAS Active Time - 6T
SDR/DDR RAS Precharge Time - 4T
Auto Detect DIMM/PCI CLK - Enabled
CLK GEN Spread Spectrum - Disabled
DOS Flat Mode - Disabled
Dram Driver Slew Rating - Normal

ACPI Aware O/S - Yes
Power Management - Enabled
Suspend Time Out - Disabled
Hard Disk Time Out - Disabled
Ring On Power On - Disabled
RTC Alarm Power On - Disabled
RTC Alarm Date - Everyday
RTC Alarm Hour - 12
RTC Alarm Minute - 30
RTC Alarm Sec - 00
Keyboard PowerOn Function - Disabled
Power On by LAN - Disabled

Plug and Play Aware O/S - Yes
AGP 4X Control - Enable
Primary Graphics Adapter - AGP
Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA - Yes

Load Optimal Settings (Y/N) ? N

Load Best Performance Settings (Y/N) ? N

OnBoard FDC - Enabled
OnBoard Serial PortA - 3F8h/Com1
OnBoard Serial PortB - 2F8h/Com2
Serial Port 2 Mode - Normal
OnBoard Parallel Port - 378h
Parallel Port Mode - SPP
Parallel Port IRQ - 7
Parallel Port DMA - N/A
OnBoard Game Port - 201h
OnBoard MIDI Port - 300h
MIDI Port IRQ - 10
OnBoard PCI IDE - Both
OnBoard AC'97 Sound - Enabled
OnBoard AC'97 MODEM - Enabled
OnBoard LAN - Enabled
USB Function Support - Enabled
USB Function for DOS - Disabled
ThumbDrive Support for DOS - Disabled

Can you tell me if this all wrong or slightly way off for this BIOS? deafhalo

Last edited:
I tried to use Safe Mode with Command Prompt and it kept doing repeating itself over and over again same words except the end that are different.... Just like this....... and won't let me type defrag c: on command prompt at all.......

multi(0)disk(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\________.sys

But when i looked at "AMIBIOS Simple Setup Utility" listed below.....
LBA BLK PIO 32 Bit
Type Size Cyln Head Pcom Sec Mode Mode Mode Mode
Pri Master: Auto - ON
Pri Slave: Auto - ON
Sec Master: Auto - ON
Sec Slave: Auto - ON

Floppy Drive A: 1.44MB 3 1/2
Floppy Drive B: Not Installed

Quick Boot - Enabled
1st Boot Device - IDE-0
2nd Boot Device - Floppy
3rd Boot Device - CDROM
Try Other Boot Device - Yes
S.M.A.R.T. for Hard Disks - Disabled
BootUp Num-Lock - On
Floppy Drive Swap - Disabled
Floppy Drive Seek - Disabled
Password Check - Setup
Boot to O/S 2>64MB - NO
L1 Cache - Enabled
L2 Cache - Enabled
System BIOS Cacheable - Disabled
Graphic Win Size - 64M
DRAM Timing Configuration - Normal
SDR/DDR CAS Latency - SPD
SDR/DDR RAS Active Time - 6T
SDR/DDR RAS Precharge Time - 4T
Auto Detect DIMM/PCI CLK - Enabled
CLK GEN Spread Spectrum - Disabled
DOS Flat Mode - Disabled
Dram Driver Slew Rating - Normal

ACPI Aware O/S - Yes
Power Management - Enabled
Suspend Time Out - Disabled
Hard Disk Time Out - Disabled
Ring On Power On - Disabled
RTC Alarm Power On - Disabled
RTC Alarm Date - Everyday
RTC Alarm Hour - 12
RTC Alarm Minute - 30
RTC Alarm Sec - 00
Keyboard PowerOn Function - Disabled
Power On by LAN - Disabled

Plug and Play Aware O/S - Yes
AGP 4X Control - Enable
Primary Graphics Adapter - AGP
Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA - Yes

Load Optimal Settings (Y/N) ? N

Load Best Performance Settings (Y/N) ? N

OnBoard FDC - Enabled
OnBoard Serial PortA - 3F8h/Com1
OnBoard Serial PortB - 2F8h/Com2
Serial Port 2 Mode - Normal
OnBoard Parallel Port - 378h
Parallel Port Mode - SPP
Parallel Port IRQ - 7
Parallel Port DMA - N/A
OnBoard Game Port - 201h
OnBoard MIDI Port - 300h
MIDI Port IRQ - 10
OnBoard PCI IDE - Both
OnBoard AC'97 Sound - Enabled
OnBoard AC'97 MODEM - Enabled
OnBoard LAN - Enabled
USB Function Support - Enabled

USB Function for DOS - Disabled - ENABLE IT PLEASE THEN DO THE DEFRAG COMMAND.

ThumbDrive Support for DOS - Disabled

Can you tell me if this all wrong or slightly way off for this BIOS? deafhalo

When you enable it, it should let you type the command line.

When you enable it, it should let you type the command line.

Nope it won't let me type the command line at all as it does repeating itself.... UGH!!!!!! What do i with it next? Do you think the only way to get Boot CD disc for it or not? Should I disconnect the Harddrive unit to see what happens before ordering the Boot CD disc online? :Ohno:

Safe Mode

Start Windows Normally

Try Last Known good configuration...

I've had same problem w/ my lappy. I used that and it boots right into Windows.

Catty:fingersx:

Nope it won't let me type the command line at all as it does repeating itself.... UGH!!!!!! What do i with it next? Do you think the only way to get Boot CD disc for it or not? Should I disconnect the Harddrive unit to see what happens before ordering the Boot CD disc online? :Ohno:

Yes, I would suggest you to hook up your hard drive (The one have boot up problems) to the second computer for DRAG 'N DROPS. Back 'em up whatever you need.

When you're done, insert a windows installation disc and start it over again. Then put the back up files into the same place.

If you don't really know what you're doing and don't want to lose any data. Have your geek buddy come over and take a good look at it. I'm sure it'll cost money which is worth it IF you don't want to lose anything.

Good luck.

Recently this week, One of my desktop pc, AMD64 had problem with Windows. It won't boot into windows. I tried to use last known configuration or Safe Mode. It won't go in. kept rebooting. I personally believe that I screwed the system w/ Vista Transformation software. It had too much craps in there.. Also kids been using the pc and must have screwed it. Who cares. I will simply make the drive "slave" and copy pix and all in there. Once it's done. Reformat and Reinstall the drive. So It can run Windows fast.

For now, I just installed Ubuntu Feisty Dawn 7.04 (newest version) on AMD64. Works like a charm! Beryl and wobbly window selected. :lol:
:rofl:
Catty

Recently this week, One of my desktop pc, AMD64 had problem with Windows. It won't boot into windows. I tried to use last known configuration or Safe Mode. It won't go in. kept rebooting. I personally believe that I screwed the system w/ Vista Transformation software. It had too much craps in there.. Also kids been using the pc and must have screwed it. Who cares. I will simply make the drive "slave" and copy pix and all in there. Once it's done. Reformat and Reinstall the drive. So It can run Windows fast.

For now, I just installed Ubuntu Feisty Dawn 7.04 (newest version) on AMD64. Works like a charm! Beryl and wobbly window selected. :lol:
:rofl:
Catty

If he have extra hard drive, that'll works. :fingersx:

Ubuntu is nice especially for average linux users! I put one as a server (LAMP) for the school where I work. Works like a charm!

Yes, I would suggest you to hook up your hard drive (The one have boot up problems) to the second computer for DRAG 'N DROPS. Back 'em up whatever you need.

When you're done, insert a windows installation disc and start it over again. Then put the back up files into the same place.

If you don't really know what you're doing and don't want to lose any data. Have your geek buddy come over and take a good look at it. I'm sure it'll cost money which is worth it IF you don't want to lose anything.

Good luck.

I might order the bood cd from online and ask the owner of the bood cd some few question before purchasing it.... or taking my CPU to the computer shop to tell them to boot it up or something - that's it. God who knows!! :pissed: about my CPU that has gone for nearly 1 1/2 weeks. Geez had to use my wife's computer for awhile... oh boy!!!

I might order the bood cd from online and ask the owner of the bood cd some few question before purchasing it.... or taking my CPU to the computer shop to tell them to boot it up or something - that's it. God who knows!! :pissed: about my CPU that has gone for nearly 1 1/2 weeks. Geez had to use my wife's computer for awhile... oh boy!!!

Be sure to tell them to back 'em up IF they can't fix it. Most of IT tech persons tend to forget.

Good luck again. :)

Be sure to tell them to back 'em up IF they can't fix it. Most of IT tech persons tend to forget.

Good luck again. :)

Thanks deafhalo... anyway, i already ordered the boot cd online and i will expecting it in 3 to 4 days by mail... and then ZOOOOOOOM to my computer and fix it once for all!!!!! But if not working and i can return it back to the company and get my refund back guarantee!!! So, either way i win!! :giggle:

I will update about my computer status here in about 4 to 5 days from now.... Wish me a luck again! LOL :fingersx:

Um, i didnt read all of your comment but hear what i think, assuming you're using Xp.

It sounds like you have a corrupted system files (bad autoexe.bat, config.sys, and bootlog.txt and other thing)

This may be window's update fault or a worm/virus. Failed Window update sometimes can do very nasty things to Window OS. This has nothing to do with BIOS unless someone changed Master/Slave HDD setting which i dont think anyone did.

I have two solutions If you have your Window xp installation cd:

#1. Run to cd, wait for it to load, Do not set up a new window but go to recovery console, type chkdsk /f /r (I think i typed this one right but if it said invalid parameter, type chkdsk /? (gives u informations) and type Chkdsk and add the parameters that will FIX THE ERROR and Locate bad sector and recover Information.

Hit Enter, let it do it job, it will take a while, go make a sandwich, watch Heroes, then come back and if its finish, restart then pray it worked.

#2. If #1 didnt work, then Run to cd, wait for it to load, hit the first option, Window will tell you that you have other Window installed and asks you if you want to let Window repair it, hit yes. It will not format the hard drive.

Let it repair, it will take a while, go get urself a cookie and a cup of milk if you want, watch stargate-sg 1 shows and once its done, restart and You will see Window no longer doing repair but installing (Replacing all system files including the corrupted ones only.)

Sorry if the information are vague but i have to leave soon and I wrote of all possible steps in my mind for u.

Um, i didnt read all of your comment but hear what i think, assuming you're using Xp.

It sounds like you have a corrupted system files (bad autoexe.bat, config.sys, and bootlog.txt and other thing)

This may be window's update fault or a worm/virus. Failed Window update sometimes can do very nasty things to Window OS. This has nothing to do with BIOS unless someone changed Master/Slave HDD setting which i dont think anyone did.

I have two solutions If you have your Window xp installation cd:

#1. Run to cd, wait for it to load, Do not set up a new window but go to recovery console, type chkdsk /f /r (I think i typed this one right but if it said invalid parameter, type chkdsk /? (gives u informations) and type Chkdsk and add the parameters that will FIX THE ERROR and Locate bad sector and recover Information.

Hit Enter, let it do it job, it will take a while, go make a sandwich, watch Heroes, then come back and if its finish, restart then pray it worked.

#2. If #1 didnt work, then Run to cd, wait for it to load, hit the first option, Window will tell you that you have other Window installed and asks you if you want to let Window repair it, hit yes. It will not format the hard drive.

Let it repair, it will take a while, go get urself a cookie and a cup of milk if you want, watch stargate-sg 1 shows and once its done, restart and You will see Window no longer doing repair but installing (Replacing all system files including the corrupted ones only.)

Sorry if the information are vague but i have to leave soon and I wrote of all possible steps in my mind for u.

Yes i have Windows XP but i never got the original Windows XP Pro cd when i purchased the custom made installation from the college student which i paid 850 for it back in 2002 and yep i screwed it up in big time. And in two yrs ago, my computer crashed down that was my fault that time... and had to take my cpu to the computer shop to boot it up back normal and it cost me 80 dollars for it... but it is my second time that my computer crashed for no reason at this time! Like i said to deafhalo that i could not boot it up by itself without the boot cd installation which i ordered yesterday online and just waiting for it by mail soon.... And let's hopefully it will works this time! :fingersx:

To my surprise that my voc. rehab. reffered me to "Computer for classroom" that is for low income individuals who cannot afford new computers that can volunteer in that classroom for 50 hours on computers like repairs, dignogistic (SP?) and etc and then after 50 hrs are done and then they will give anyone a free computer.... I am going to bring my CPU there tomorrow for free dignogistic (SP?) and then they will tell me what's wrong with it.... I hope it's Hard Drive itself... who knows... but i am going to get a FREE new computer for that kind of volunteer for 50 hrs... Why not!!! :giggle: :fingersx:

ouch again ! it could be hdd or bad mobo(motherboard) but i have a feeling it is ur hdd. i suggest ya to ask ur handy hubby to get a replacement with that old hdd. and if u have a reinstallation xp or any o/s cd, then you will be ok.

40 gb hdd costs around 80 to 100 bucks.

good luck

I have a 160-GB HD that costs 62 bucks. I threw in the new 80-GB HD too - so I have 2 physical HDs inside my tower.

Hello? Please catch up to the times; a 160-GB HD that costs less ..... good deals there.

Anyway, i brung my cpu to computer for classroom today to check what's wrong with it and it turns out that the O/S or Windows XP itself that is malfunction.... The owner says that either 50 dolllars for her hard-drive unit or 70 dollars for re-install the O/S or Windows XP all over again. And she asked me if i am client of V.R. (vocational rehabilitation) and i told her yes i am and i told her that she needs to speak to my V.R. counselor about it to get the authorization for repairs on my computer. But my V.R. counselor said that she will talk to them on Monday as she is off Thursday and Friday anyway.... And i will be volunteering to work on the computers in two weeks from Monday! :ugh2: The reason why two weeks from monday is because the lady who is leader of the computer for classrooms is going on vacation for two weeks... so i will be waiting for her to return to computer for classrooms after two weeks vacation! And as for right now the work (at computer for classrooms) is almost done so that's why that there is no work for me to work on those. :pissed::giggle:

Anyway, i brung my cpu to computer for classroom today to check what's wrong with it and it turns out that the O/S or Windows XP itself that is malfunction.... The owner says that either 50 dolllars for her hard-drive unit or 70 dollars for re-install the O/S or Windows XP all over again. And she asked me if i am client of V.R. (vocational rehabilitation) and i told her yes i am and i told her that she needs to speak to my V.R. counselor about it to get the authorization for repairs on my computer. But my V.R. counselor said that she will talk to them on Monday as she is off Thursday and Friday anyway.... And i will be volunteering to work on the computers in two weeks from Monday! :ugh2: The reason why two weeks from monday is because the lady who is leader of the computer for classrooms is going on vacation for two weeks... so i will be waiting for her to return to computer for classrooms after two weeks vacation! And as for right now the work (at computer for classrooms) is almost done so that's why that there is no work for me to work on those. :pissed::giggle:

Hope that ur pc would be fixed. I know how crappy are M$.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux now and loving it. I just did it to keep my daughter happy while my XP crashed. Found out it's XP malfunctioned due to Vista Transformation software that I experimented. Ran fine for couple of week then boom! Won't boot to desktop. Kept rebooting after XP's splash screen. Oh well. Took out my hddr then swapped with 20GB blank hddr and installed Ubuntu 7.04 while I planned to get the XP fixed on my free time LOL.

Catty

Back