Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
butterflygal said:
Most overpopulations is due to immigration. People moving to our countries from other countries.

Also to answer your Abortion is safe comment...

Abortion is not safer than full term pregnancy and childbirth. Less than one in 10,000 pregnancies results in the mother’s death. Government statistics indicate the chances of death by abortion are even less – however, deaths from childbirth are accurately reported, while many deaths by legal abortion are not – completely skewing the statistics. Abortion actually increases the chance of maternal death in later pregnancies. Women face injuries to the uterus, cervix, urinary tract, infection, hemorrhage, heart failure, embolism, sterilizations, ruptured intestines & bowels, coma, and even death. In addition, there are countless cases of abortionists sexually abusing their clients while under anesthesia. In fact, you're four times more likely to die in the year following your abortion. Further, woman who have abortions suffer mental health declines, while those who deliver their child actually have improved mental health.

So this is saying that women who die from childbirth is usually reported BUT women who die from having an abortion is usually underreported because many doctors are afraid of getting sued. So they usually change the death certificate to something else to cover their own asses. If and hopefully it happens, there is an accurate report on how many women have died from abortion, I believe it will beat women who have died from childbirth.

Reread my post again, please.

We can afford to consider abortion now that it is a safe procedure with little risk.

I didn't say abortion is 100 percent safe - but it is more safer than it was long ago. Then again, we really don't know for sure, with all the unknown factors eh? Good abortion doctors, bad abortion doctors... proper medical equipment or not... they are wild cards to giving a good or valid testimony to the number of fatality in having abortion, in my opinion.

I only care that the women make INFORMED choices, and they understand all the risks and they have considered them along with the lessened chance of conceiving. It is their consequences to bear. I understood the consequences when an ex and I decided to have an abortion at 19, and I don't need anyone's sympathy. Actually I had a mixture of relief and a little sadness. Does that make me evil? Yes? Maybe? I disagree. Sure, I spread my legs - but I have always made sure the every time had protection, but I was in the smaller percentage where condoms failed me. Condoms are only effective 86 percent I believe.

No protection or birth control is ever 100 percent efficient, except for abstinence.
http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/2043.html

Regardless....

That's the beautiful thing about making our own choices. :) For me, I just want to HAVE the choice to say yes or no. It's the principle for me. That's why I am pro-choice. America is about choices. Let people make their choices, even if they are fear-based or balanced.

You are passionate about this, wonderful! :)

Oh about the immigrants being a reason for the overpopulation - are you implying that it's the only problem? I'm puzzled.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm glad we both agree to disagree respectfully!! I have run into people who get mad cuz I don't support abortion. They start to think that I would try to change their minds which I wouldn't. People have their own opinions and I'm not even interested in trying to change their minds cuz it's impossible but I do enjoy debating and see people's different views. :D

Oh about the immigrants being a reason for the overpopulation - are you implying that it's the only problem? I'm puzzled.

This is not the only problem but it is a big problem, I believe. Many people come to Canada and the States to try to make a better life for themselves and their families because many of their countries are poor. IF our countries stopped being so greedy with money and help the other countries develop better then maybe, just maybe people would want to stay in their own countries becasue they will still have oppunrities (sp?) for themselves and their families. It sounds impossible but it's an idea. Population rate would go down in the States for sure.

Also I noticed (I have not researched about this yet but plan to) that Canada is bigger than the States but yet there is so little people in Canada compared to the States. I wonder why? Is it because we have stricter laws on abortion and immigrantion?

I also agree that it is very important for all women to research all sides of the choices, abortion, adoption, raising a child before making a decision and weigh all the pros and cons because each choice is a very personal decision and it is not to be taken lightly of. I have had a few friends who had abortions, one woman feels guilty and she had to get lots of help for it and another woman treated it like birth control.

You are right, no birth control is 100 percent effective. BUT people need to realize that if you have sex, there is a risk of pregnancy. People need to plan out very well because if they are not ready to raise a child then they need to be more careful. I have known some people who are not careful at all and then when they become pregnant, they ask how the hell did this happen? :roll:

Ok.. I have said my story in ********e another forum... which been shut down the topic.. dont ask why... I rather not discuss it.. but anyways.. I have had an abortion when i was 16 yrs old.. at that time i was still in high school living with my mom and my dad and mom had the divorce...i also had a part time job.. when i became pregnant with my first love...i wanted to keep it ... my parents wanted me to have an abortion.. i refused ... we fought everyday about this.. i was 5 months pregnant ok... my mom told me if i dont get an abortion that i would be throwning on the street.. nobody knows my real mom expect me and my twin sister Angel.. she never accept me being deaf since the day she found out when i was deaf at the age of 5... the only reason she wanted me to live with her so she can collect child support from my dad... i end up in the clinic wide awake... it ws a nightmare believe it it ws a horriable thing i have ever witness in my life they put a trash bag under my butt and took the baby out and threw it in the trash bag.. its no joke!!! i cried cried and cried the whole time i even was angry very angry at my parents and even the dr. who remove the baby out of my stomach... i felt like i murder my child really i did felt it ... i never forget the day it happened and never will in my whole life.. i have prayed to god for my forgiving what i did and the choice i didnt have cuz i was under controled over my parents...for a long time i end up being mad at my parents and I would talk to God everyday since that happened to me... I would say im soo sorry for what i did... believe me I fall in love with my unborn when she/he was in my tummy .. it was something i can never let go.. i made a poem for my unborn baby too...i lost it in ********e.. while they removed the whole topic... it was an important topic to me and plus the rest of the other people that had the abortion... U can judge me all u want but the truth is people in life makes mistakes that they learn from it and try not to let it happen again.. beleive me its the last thing i ever wanted to get an abortion and I still believe in that I am totally against abortion.. but only if needed or required....that my opioion thanks for ur time.. sorry had to clear this up cuz its very emotion for me to stated this whole thing.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this especially when you wanted the baby. That is also why I am against abortion. So many parents are forcing their teens to have one. Many of them scream, kick, fight back to keep their child but usually they are overpowered.

Cheri, I hope you believe that this is not your fault and forgive yourself. Of course, you are right, people do make mistakes, we all are human beings and I do not blame you or other girls at all. It is a personal choice for many of them and many of them feel regret and many of them don't.

yes,, I did and still do blamed myself for what I did... and the choices I didnt have which mean the power to stand up for my baby.. I was under alot of stress due from my parents forcing me to get an abortion... Which is something i was always believed it was wrong.... After seeing the whole Produced that was done.. during my time of the abortion... in the operation room is not a good pictures not a good view Its like Im in hell.... Honestly.. I think about it all the time .. used to have nightmares when i was sleeping.. for months and up to 2 yrs...I did talked to alot of people getting the help i needed... to move forward but i was in shocked condition.. the only person helped me through it the most is my twin sister Angel that is why we have this strong bond.... cuz of her caring and support that she had done for me after my abortion....she was the only person understood how I really felt.. So that is why I Am and always will be against Abortion....I will not judge u for what u did.. if u had a reason to do it that is up to you everyone has their own life to live up to.. and I will not make u feel like u are low because u had the abortion but I would probley felt hurted... inside my heart but.. that is ur life and ur choice cuz u will be the one who living through it.... *smile*..

I am pro-choice and I believe in a woman's right to chose as well as control over her own body.

I don't see any of you blaming the man or asking them to keep their dicks in their pants; It takes two.

Whatever your views are, it's not a questions of whether or not abortion is wrong or right; it's a question of supporting birth control.

Sex education, condoms, pills whatever the means to prevent unwanted pregnancy and that will prevent uneccessary abortions.

yes but the men are not the one who gives birth its up to us rather we want to keep this baby or give it up or have an abortion....we have to make that choice cuz we are the one carrying it to full terms.... not the men.. and yes it does take two to make a baby.. but after the baby is born it takes two to raise the baby too.. even if there are deadbeat dads out there make them pay child support... even if u dont like the father of ur child... it takes two to support the child/children or babies....dont let them get away with child support and have a free ride.. they made the baby too.. so fight the right for ur child to get child support and have the child be bond with the father too.... dont think about urself first think about the child....

Cheri said:
Ok.. I have said my story in ********e another forum... which been shut down the topic.. dont ask why... I rather not discuss it.. but anyways.. I have had an abortion when i was 16 yrs old.. at that time i was still in high school living with my mom and my dad and mom had the divorce...i also had a part time job.. when i became pregnant with my first love...i wanted to keep it ... my parents wanted me to have an abortion.. i refused ... we fought everyday about this.. i was 5 months pregnant ok... my mom told me if i dont get an abortion that i would be throwning on the street.. nobody knows my real mom expect me and my twin sister Angel.. she never accept me being deaf since the day she found out when i was deaf at the age of 5... the only reason she wanted me to live with her so she can collect child support from my dad... i end up in the clinic wide awake... it ws a nightmare believe it it ws a horriable thing i have ever witness in my life they put a trash bag under my butt and took the baby out and threw it in the trash bag.. its no joke!!! i cried cried and cried the whole time i even was angry very angry at my parents and even the dr. who remove the baby out of my stomach... i felt like i murder my child really i did felt it ... i never forget the day it happened and never will in my whole life.. i have prayed to god for my forgiving what i did and the choice i didnt have cuz i was under controled over my parents...for a long time i end up being mad at my parents and I would talk to God everyday since that happened to me... I would say im soo sorry for what i did... believe me I fall in love with my unborn when she/he was in my tummy .. it was something i can never let go.. i made a poem for my unborn baby too...i lost it in ********e.. while they removed the whole topic... it was an important topic to me and plus the rest of the other people that had the abortion... U can judge me all u want but the truth is people in life makes mistakes that they learn from it and try not to let it happen again.. beleive me its the last thing i ever wanted to get an abortion and I still believe in that I am totally against abortion.. but only if needed or required....that my opioion thanks for ur time.. sorry had to clear this up cuz its very emotion for me to stated this whole thing.

Yes, I´m agree what Cheri said about aloholics & smoking!

I´m very sorry what you had been through, Cheri! I got a mixed feeling when I read your topic.. I feel want to hug you..
I can´t imaged how your parents did to you without think twice that 5 months old baby is grow in your belly alive.
No Cheri, you´re not on the responsibly but your parents. It´s them who hurt you. I would NEVER forgive them for that.
Your story is the almost same as me! My mother kept us because of child support! She spend all of child support on booze to leave us starving... Terrible! The neighbours fed us!!!
My mother had been abortion few times! I feel fucking sick what she did because she should use sex protection!
We as children saw all is she went to hospitails dozen of times. Terrible!

I wouldn´t of abort if if I got it unexpectly.

I´m against abortion for some reason:
Everyone must use sex protection when they don´t feel ready to start family.
If anyone who can´t afford to keep the baby then give the baby away to adoption who are happy to bring them up because the children deserve a better life.
BUT one thing I´m disagree what my mother did is gave her 7 YEARS OLD daughter away for an adoption! Can you image how 7 years old react! Oh my god, I NEVER forget as long as I´m alive. With babies is different.

I´m not against abortion for some reason:
Malformation babies
risk mothers´s life

Alot of Germans put babies in the plastic & throw the away to rubbish bin or forest or lake after birth or leave them front of church´s & hospitail´s door because they can´t afford to pay an abortion fee because of accord German law. Healthy insurance only support you for some reason (like malformation, risk etc). Oh dear!
They should know better that every childless couples who are happy to adopt their babies instead of kill them.

I´ll add more at other topic!

I am narrow against for abortion. But it could also help to stop from being mistake to have children that could lead the single mom into hard life.

It take 2 to make a baby, and the fathers have no saying, if his partner want to terminate the pregnancy! I feel sorry for the fathers if he want to keep the baby!

My ex divorced his wife because she had it done behind his back!!

RedRum said:
It take 2 to make a baby, and the fathers have no saying, if his partner want to terminate the pregnancy! I feel sorry for the fathers if he want to keep the baby!

My ex divorced his wife because she had it done behind his back!!

My ex was heartbroken when his ex wife had two abortions behind his back, and cheated on him and left him. I think that is a woman of low morals, too! Married people need to make decisions together, I agree.

Another thought to ponder: Does it make a difference if the single father knows about and supports the decision to get an abortion? I think the father would be glad to not have a child and not having to pay child support. My guy friend has recently admitted that he was really pleased that a girl who got pregnant by him decided to get abortion and told him about it afterwards.
They weren't serious with each other as far as a relationship goes.

What do you think about the morning after pill as a form of birth control?

If the condom is leaking, morning after pill is best to take as they are not serious to start a family together. They did try to prevent it in first place. They make the decision together all the way.

RedRum said:
If the condom is leaking, morning after pill is best to take as they are not serious to start a family together. They did try to prevent it in first place. They make the decision together all the way.
Exactly!!!
I don´t beleive to have an abortion because I make a mistake....(something like that accident....or forget to take the pill etc)

RedRum said:

We all can agree that condoms aren't 100 percent preventive. If such a morning after pill is not available, then would early abortion be acceptable? After all "they" did try to prevent it in the first place.

Liza said:
We all can agree that condoms aren't 100 percent preventive. If such a morning after pill is not available, then would early abortion be acceptable? After all "they" did try to prevent it in the first place.

nobody is perfect - that's why there is abortion available. :|

I am against abortion. Abortion caused emotional traumas for some women. Abortion is not a good option.

illustrator said:
nobody is perfect - that's why there is abortion available. :|

I feel for you, and I still think everyone needs to make choices for themselves, be some responsible or not for others. It must be hard for some of you to know that people can still make this choice because of your beliefs.

Liza said:
I feel for you, and I still think everyone needs to make choices for themselves, be some responsible or not for others. It must be hard for some of you to know that people can still make this choice because of your beliefs.

If I was woman who don't have good paid and not finish college while being pregant. I wouldn't still have children. I could either get aobortion or put the child in adopt.

Some stuff....

As science improves, people have no choice but to accept that the "Fetus" is a breathing, kicking child. I know and believe that life starts at conception. Here are some reasons why people believe that abortion is fine...

The child isn't breathing on it's own, it is dependent on something else to live. Well this is a good case, but what about the people in hospitals who can't live without a life support machine? Does that make them not living?

The being is small, not born yet. I'm 6'2, does this make me more human than anybody else?

The child isn't really alive until it has a conscience. Well, "Fetuses" can feel pain at...don't quote me....4 weeks or so, something like that, but it is when they are still in the womb, the fact that they can feel pain is proof that they have a conscience.

The child isn't alive until it is out of the mother. That "Fetus" has a breathing and, functioning body, internal organs, and a brain, everything that we have.

The fetus is in the mother, not the outside world. So location determines what life is now? Am I more or less human when I am sleeping on my bed? Or sitting here at OSU? You tell me.

Chew on that, let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back