Abortion

GarnetTigerMom, it looks like you didn't read Mann_K05's post carefully as PuyoPiyo was trying to correct Mann_K05's post by saying her friend did not have an abortion but a miscarriage. He did not compare abortion to miscarriage nor said it was the same thing either.

Please re-read her post below.

Mann_K05 said:
She was very excited to have a baby, four months later, her belly had stopped the growing but she did not realize until about 6 months at pregnancy. She suspected something was wrong with her baby. She could feel minor pain, sick easily, and to feel a bit of burn in her stomach.. so she went for her doctor appointment. She found out that her baby was already died at four months old of pragnancy but her uetus (sp) did not release the dead baby. She have to abort her child, sadly, she was very heartbroken.. So she have an abortion.. I dont know how it happen to her baby because i dont remmy.

If the mother wants the abortion, what about the father's rights to take care of their baby? Unfair?

I agree with Reba all the way on abortion issue. In my opinion unborn child really is a human being, because life is form inside the mother's womb, You feed the unborn, and the unborn grows, it's the same as you feeding a baby after birth, no differences, unborn babies grow as the same way as a baby that is born no differences. The unborn is attach inside the mother's womb, it's the same way the baby that is born would be attach to the mother, once again no differences. The bottom line is that killing of innocent children known as abortion is the most horrible holocaust our nation has ever experienced.

Please read carefully, Abortion and miscarriage is not the same thing. That is two separte thing. Miscarriage happens for so many different reasons like i posted. Most miscarriages occur because the fetus isn't developing normally. Problems with the baby's genes or chromosomes are typically the result of errors that occur by chance as the embryo divides and grows — not problems inherited from the parents.

In a few cases, a mother's health condition — such as uncontrolled diabetes, thyroid disease, infections, blood-clotting problems, or problems with the uterus or cervix — may lead to miscarriage.

Routine activities — such as exercising, having sex, working or lifting heavy objects — can't provoke a miscarriage. Nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy, even if it's severe, won't cause a miscarriage. And a fall or other injury is unlikely to cause a miscarriage, unless the injury is serious enough to threaten your own life.

Miscarriages is not same as abortion so you need realized it two seprate issue with miscarriage and abortion.

Read Mann's story please. The baby died DURING THE PREGNANCY. That is miscarriage.

GarnetTigerMom, it looks like you didn't read Mann_K05's post carefully as PuyoPiyo was trying to correct Mann_K05's post by saying her friend did not have an abortion but a miscarriage. He did not compare abortion to miscarriage nor said it was the same thing either.

Please re-read her post below.

:ty: for explaining clearly!

If the mother wants the abortion, what about the father's rights to take care of their baby? Unfair?

Well that depends on mother's relationship with the father. If the father was abusing or rape or whatever to the mother, then the mother do have right to choose to abort or not without father, but most of the times, the father usually take side with the mother whatever they both decide for the baby together.

I agree with Reba all the way on abortion issue. In my opinion unborn child really is a human being, because life is form inside the mother's womb, You feed the unborn, and the unborn grows, it's the same as you feeding a baby after birth, no differences, unborn babies grow as the same way as a baby that is born no differences. The unborn is attach inside the mother's womb, it's the same way the baby that is born would be attach to the mother, once again no differences. The bottom line is that killing of innocent children known as abortion is the most horrible holocaust our nation has ever experienced.

Totally agree with your last sentence!

Did you read Mann's post? She says that her friend's baby died during the pregnancy, so yes it's miscarriage. I am refer to the baby's death in the stomach, not the abortion.

Yes. And the technical term for miscarrraige is "spontaneous abortion."

:( I dont know why you claim it when I had seen some premature babies several times, they were human being.. :(

Reba, yes, you are right. It's obviously not kill her son but she had to abort for her own health safe..

A baby born only 16 weeks into gestation has never survived. The babies that survive are 26 weeks or more in gestation, and even many of them are not well developed enough to survive. If your friend was 4 month pregant, she was 16 weeks. And a fetus is what the "baby" in called after 12 weeks until itis born live. It isn't technically called an infant until it is born. That is all I meant.

Perhaps not for you. For me and the law, it does.
Well, there was a time when American law and slave owners didn't see black people as 100 percent human either but that didn't make it right, and it didn't make it so.

There was also a time when German law and Nazis didn't see Jews as 100 percent human but that didn't make it right, and it didn't make it so.

Laws and majority opinion aren't always morally right.

I dont agree with abortion but at the same time, I know I cant tell others what to do with their bodies. I am also realistic..if we make abortion illegal again, we all know that women will find a way to get abortions. No point in making it illegal.

Well, there was a time when American law and slave owners didn't see black people as 100 percent human either but that didn't make it right, and it didn't make it so.

There was also a time when German law and Nazis didn't see Jews as 100 percent human but that didn't make it right, and it didn't make it so.

And there was a time that Christian doctine considered women to be inferior to men. And, on, and on. We're not talkinga bout what used to be, we are talking about what is. And what is right now is that abortion performed at the mother's request prior to 12 weeks gestation is perfectly legal. Therefore, the morality of the action is left to the individual to decide. I don't tell you that you have to be pro-choice, so you don't have the right to tell me I can't be. Its a dyadic exchange.

I dont agree with abortion but at the same time, I know I cant tell others what to do with their bodies. I am also realistic..if we make abortion illegal again, we all know that women will find a way to get abortions. No point in making it illegal.

And will die in doing so, just as women lost their lives seeking illegal abortions before Woe v Wade. That woman's life is just as valuable as any. The problem with anti-abortion is that it puts more value on the fetus than on the living woman.

And will die in doing so, just as women lost their lives seeking illegal abortions before Woe v Wade. That woman's life is just as valuable as any.

Right..I have some family members and friends who have had abortions. I get uncomfortable when they bring it up so I just dont become opinioned about it with them. I dont know what it is like to be in their shoes..I am sure they have to live with it daily.

And that is the very problem with setting laws based on morality. Hitler and the slave owners were acting on what their own personal morality of the situation dictated.

... I don't tell you that you have to be pro-choice, so you don't have the right to tell me I can't be. Its a dyadic exchange.
I never said that you can't be pro-choice. I said that abortions, except for medical necessity to save the life of the mother, are morally wrong.

Like you said, abortions are legal in the United States.

Like I said, legality and morality don't always equate.

Back