Abortion

I don't see how that's really.. relevant. The article clearly states she had a long history of depression, existing BEFORE she ever had an abortion. She may not have had the coping mechanisms to handle the feelings that occured after the abortion, sure, but that doesn't mean it killed her.

Good point. :cool2:

There have also been cases of women who suffer from long term depression who think they are capable of having children, only to end up abusing and neglecting them because they are not stable enough to be a parent. At the very worst, there are cases of women with a history of depression so severe that they go into a psychotic break and kill their children. Just because a woman with a history of mental disorder says they "think" they would have been a good parent, doesn't mean they actually would have been able to handle the stress of parenthood. And, if she committed suicide, obviously, it was due to her ongoing depression, and her inability to deal with stress in a healthy way. Likewise, if she gave into the pressure of others when the abortion was something she truly did not want, then that tells quite a bit about her mental state.

Yes, that is true and I agree with your statement about women that are extremly suffering from depression that end up hurting and abusing their kids and even worst killing their kids. I remembered some stories about women whom are in a serve state of mind depression end up drowning their kids.

Back