Aaarggghh! Breyer's Ice Cream!

004rza.jpg

Picked it up today at Kroger on sale for $2.49

Yiz

I used to love the Bryer's vanilla bean! It's been a long time since I have that though. Turkey Hill is my favorite store bought icecream! :)

comsumer reports gave Turkey Hill ice cream a real poor rate ! I can't stand that ice cream , I tried it once it was horrible!

Haven't used mine since last summer, but I have my mom's recipe for the homemade cooked custard base. It is soooo rich, but soooo good! And you can add whatever you want. This time of year, I'm partial to fresh peaches.

My dad use to made ice cream with rum it it! It was a really expensive band of rum and he would let us kids have some too! did you notice the size of ice cream boxes are getting smaller and the price it going up!!

comsumer reports gave Turkey Hill ice cream a real poor rate ! I can't stand that ice cream , I tried it once it was horrible!

WTF? It's awesome. You have poor pallet on your tongue.

Who's to say that the Consumer Reports aren't being paid by competing ice cream companies to give them the thumbs down?

Yiz

My dad use to made ice cream with rum it it! It was a really expensive band of rum and he would let us kids have some too! did you notice the size of ice cream boxes are getting smaller and the price it going up!!

Yes, same thing with everything else, portions are getting smaller every year while the prices stays the same or going up. It's called, "greed".

Yiz

Who's to say that the Consumer Reports aren't being paid by competing ice cream companies to give them the thumbs down?

Yiz

I'm not sure how any icecream made with the basic ingredients only can be bad? Either way I love it. A lot of people love Cheesecake Factory...I don't think it's that good! I'll take Mommom's cheesecake over that anyday! :D

Btw, you may be referring to the original kind, they came out with the "all natural" brand that is much better than their artificial brand.

So you got two kinds of Turkey Hill brands, the fake kind and the real kind to choose from.

You prolly ate the fake kind,

Yiz

I use vanilla ice cream to make a Hot Buttered Rum Mix for the holidays. Soften 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream (preferably Vanilla Bean), mix in 1 lb. brown sugar, 1 lb softened butter, and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon. Pack into a carton and put back in the freezer. When you are ready for hot buttered rum, put a couple heaping tablespoons of the mix in a mug, add a jigger of rum, and fill with boiling water. Yummy!!!

Yiz

No there is nothing wrong with my pallet! I tried and it stink! I have very good taste!

I use vanilla ice cream to make a Hot Buttered Rum Mix for the holidays. Soften 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream (preferably Vanilla Bean), mix in 1 lb. brown sugar, 1 lb softened butter, and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon. Pack into a carton and put back in the freezer. When you are ready for hot buttered rum, put a couple heaping tablespoons of the mix in a mug, add a jigger of rum, and fill with boiling water. Yummy!!!

WOW , that is a lot of sugar! I bet you are bouncing off the wall after eating that!

Back