A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Whatever you want done you need to put it into writing, and discuss it with your family ahead of time. Otherwise, you might not get what you want, and you put a lot of burden on your family.

Each state has different laws about cremation.

My dad was cremated and his ashes were buried in his family's plot. He shares a plot with his mother, who died after him.

My mom was cremated and her ashes are in a container on a bookshelf at my brother's apartment. The container is "guarded" by his action figures that are on display with Star Trek stuff.

I did put it in my will , I am Jewish and we're not cremated but it's being allowed more today . My dad wanted to be cremated but he was buried and my mom wanted to buried wearing a red dress and that was not allowed . We where told the red dress would buried with her and she can put it on when she get to heaven . :roll: I felt bad b/c this was my mom last
wish and my daughter and I went out to buy her red dress. I told my daughter what I want done with my ashes , I want them mixed with Finlay
and Marty if he dies before me. Then take some to a park and throw it toward the river .

I did put it in my will , I am Jewish and we're not cremated but it's being allowed more today . My dad wanted to be cremated but he was buried and my mom wanted to buried wearing a red dress and that was not allowed . We where told the red dress would buried with her and she can put it on when she get to heaven . :roll: I felt bad b/c this was my mom last
wish and my daughter and I went out to buy her red dress. I told my daughter what I want done with my ashes , I want them mixed with Finlay
and Marty if he dies before me. Then take some to a park and throw it toward the river .
Your will is not always the best place for final wishes. It sometimes doesn't get read and probated prior to the funeral time. Funeral details should be separate from the will. If you want them in your will, at least have a separate additional document with your funeral instructions.

Woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday but no, it is Thursday and it is a workday.

My new job's honeymoon is over and I have two BIG issues that I am trying to get solved. Once they get solved, then I will be fine at my job. It is really a challenge working with hearing people who are clueless about deaf people. I swear..hearing people are so uneducated these days. We, deaf people, know and understand the hearing ways so we all are more educated than hearing people about diversity. I just realized that with my new job.

Tell me about it , I am seeing more ads on TV for hearing aids but there is NO
CC. WTF! This show they just selling HA to made money and do not care about us as deaf or hoh person.

Got a fractured foot for the first time, it's so straining to walk in crutches for a very short distance. :(

That sucks, Hope things are getting better for you soon. Same here, I came here in this office. They are clueless how to approach me when it comes to work. It takes few months later, and things get better.

The adminstrators said that they will address those two issues. *crossing* fingers. Once they are resolved, then I am fine at my job. One person who has been cruel to me wasn't at work yesterday and it was so peaceful all day. Now, that was a positive working environment!

Better check to make sure it's legal to scatter your ashes toward the river or your daughter could be in big trouble.

I'm sure my husband would have liked having his ashes scattered where his dad's, mom's & brother's were scattered. I chose not to because it's illegal plus I felt they should be buried. They are in my plot (which my parents had bought long before I married).

The adminstrators said that they will address those two issues. *crossing* fingers. Once they are resolved, then I am fine at my job. One person who has been cruel to me wasn't at work yesterday and it was so peaceful all day. Now, that was a positive working environment!

Hope they will take an action on it.. *crossing fingers*

That's awful. Did you report it?

Your will is not always the best place for final wishes. It sometimes doesn't get read and probated prior to the funeral time. Funeral details should be separate from the will. If you want them in your will, at least have a separate additional document with your funeral instructions.

I had told my daughter a numbers of times what I want done when I drop dead. I just know I do not want a lot of $$$ being spend to get rid of body . I think it a racket. $7,000 to $10,000 ! :roll:

Dancing_duck.gif

Here's that deaf magician website from those shows I mentioned earlier this year:

www.deafmagic.com

They have 4 shows in Arlington Hts on 10/27, 10/28, 10/30, and 10/31. The 10/28 show will be in Schaumburg, IL, and of course I mentioned the Palatine one on 11/1. The four in Arlington Hts starts at 7:15 PM, as does the Schaumburg one, but the Palatine one begins at 5, though. Tickets are $12 for a single show, but Seniors pay $10.

Some people take this forum too serious!

Well, last night I was out and about, and I saw a sign saying "Ballroom" something, and I didn't catch the rest of it, given that there were cars lined up to get into the parking lot not far from here. Also, a theater was up and running last night, but what kind, I'm not too sure about, but I'd guess movie.

Well, last night I was out and about, and I saw a sign saying "Ballroom" something, and I didn't catch the rest of it, given that there were cars lined up to get into the parking lot not far from here. Also, a theater was up and running last night, but what kind, I'm not too sure about, but I'd guess movie.

Ballroom dancing ??

Ballroom dancing ??

That would be my guess, yes. It appears that this area I'm in is an entertainment district, and it makes sense, because Broadway is just a block west of here, and there are several theater shows premeiring there this season.

Back