A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

So YOU are the dang peeping duck, huh? :-o

nutkick.gif
for stalking me.

:P

s7.gif

Pumpkin spice mixed with blood. Lovely

Woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday but no, it is Thursday and it is a workday.

My new job's honeymoon is over and I have two BIG issues that I am trying to get solved. Once they get solved, then I will be fine at my job. It is really a challenge working with hearing people who are clueless about deaf people. I swear..hearing people are so uneducated these days. We, deaf people, know and understand the hearing ways so we all are more educated than hearing people about diversity. I just realized that with my new job.

Woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday but no, it is Thursday and it is a workday.

My new job's honeymoon is over and I have two BIG issues that I am trying to get solved. Once they get solved, then I will be fine at my job. It is really a challenge working with hearing people who are clueless about deaf people. I swear..hearing people are so uneducated these days. We, deaf people, know and understand the hearing ways so we all are more educated than hearing people about diversity. I just realized that with my new job.

I hope things get easier for you soon!

Taking a day trip up north on Saturday. Visit a cemetery with many of my dad's side of the family buried there. Then off to a state park for a photo opportunity. It's always been a beautiful state park but it got rained out 2 years ago, taking down the major bridge. It had been closed while they repaired that and now it's re-opened. 14 million to repair it. Curious to see if it looks different now.

That sucks, Hope things are getting better for you soon. Same here, I came here in this office. They are clueless how to approach me when it comes to work. It takes few months later, and things get better.

TCS and I enjoyed a free seafood dinner at a nearby favorite restaurant. All we had to do was listen to a presentation about preplanning our funeral. :D

We had shrimp, flounder, coleslaw, and red rice. :drool:

TCS and I enjoyed a free seafood dinner at a nearby favorite restaurant. All we had to do was listen to a presentation about preplanning our funeral. :D

I had always wondered about going to one of those presentation, I have gotten letters for difference things. Did you have to listen to the
presentation before you ate dinner ? I would think so otherwise people would go just for the food.

So did you buy into the plan they presented?

We haven't yet gone to any of these, but we get those offers too.

I had always wondered about going to one of those presentation, I have gotten letters for difference things. Did you have to listen to the
presentation before you ate dinner ? I would think so otherwise people would go just for the food.
Yes, we had to listen to the presentation first. It was 20-30 minutes (depends on how many questions people have). Not bad; it was informative, not high pressure. They also gave out prizes for trivia questions and door prize drawing.

So did you buy into the plan they presented?

We haven't yet gone to any of these, but we get those offers too.
They didn't offer any plans. They just explained the different kinds of services they offered. When we want to make our specific arrangements we'll have to make an appointment with them. They didn't sell anything at the presentation.

We already have our plots (all paid for).

They didn't offer any plans. They just explained the different kinds of services they offered. When we want to make our specific arrangements we'll have to make an appointment with them. They didn't sell anything at the presentation.

We already have our plots (all paid for).

I want to be cremated , my family can buy a cheap wooden box and put my body in that to be cremated. I do not want money to be wasted on me when I am dead.

I want to be cremated , my family can buy a cheap wooden box and put my body in that to be cremated. I do not want money to be wasted on me when I am dead.
Whatever you want done you need to put it into writing, and discuss it with your family ahead of time. Otherwise, you might not get what you want, and you put a lot of burden on your family.

Each state has different laws about cremation.

My dad was cremated and his ashes were buried in his family's plot. He shares a plot with his mother, who died after him.

My mom was cremated and her ashes are in a container on a bookshelf at my brother's apartment. The container is "guarded" by his action figures that are on display with Star Trek stuff.

Back