A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

*Does a happy dance*

All done helping/ doing it almost alone / my son build his lego trainset :applause:
Lol. "Helping" ends up in doing just about all of it sometimes! :) Sounds like a fun train, though.

Lol. "Helping" ends up in doing just about all of it sometimes! :) Sounds like a fun train, though.

Lol it is :)

And sure thing, although he has meanwhile already disassembled the rails again, saying I will change the layout...

* thinking "I'm not rebuilding this time :p"*

Wanting to go but a new laptop but I think I'll wait until tonight. I'm sure the stores are crazy busy today.

hypocrite

[hip-uh-krit]
noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially aperson whose actions belie stated beliefs.
a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude,especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his orher public statements.

Smart plan. I would like to buy Macbook Air, but I would wait for the next year.

I decided to retire Mac because they aren't suitable for heavy gaming, so I have go back to PC to buy gaming laptop next year before I return to Gallaudet.

I cannot bring my big gaming rig to university due to transportation limitation so gaming laptop will be easier to transport.

It sucks to lose the driving privilege over Usher Syndrome.

Smart plan. I would like to buy Macbook Air, but I would wait for the next year.

I thought about it, but I'm in no hurry to upgrade my Macbook. My current Macbook Pro is around 8 years old, I'm plan on passing down to my sister or niece when I upgrade later.

I decided to retire Mac because they aren't suitable for heavy gaming, so I have go back to PC to buy gaming laptop next year before I return to Gallaudet.

I cannot bring my big gaming rig to university due to transportation limitation so gaming laptop will be easier to transport.

It sucks to lose the driving privilege over Usher Syndrome.

I heard HP and Dell are suitable for gaming now. Wondering if Macbook Air can handle Photoshop.

Sorry about your losing driving privilege. You can always use Uber?

I thought about it, but I'm in no hurry to upgrade my Macbook. My current Macbook Pro is around 8 years old, I'm plan on passing down to my sister or niece when I upgrade later.

That's pretty impressive. I want a laptop to handle Photoshop. I don't like it when it freezes on me.

That's pretty impressive. I want a laptop to handle Photoshop. I don't like it when it freezes on me.

I think the newer models have more RAM now than the older models. My current Macbook Pro only have 4GB RAM, the current models is configurable to go up to 16GB.

I heard HP and Dell are suitable for gaming now. Wondering if Macbook Air can handle Photoshop.

Sorry about your losing driving privilege. You can always use Uber?

I prefer Sager due to better customization and quality for less money.

Uber isn't designed for long transportation from Alabama to DC, but I can't use often for local due expensive, so it is cheap if you are closer from home to business.

Photoshop will run fine on MacBook Air but you need order more RAM (8 GB to 12 GB).

I am thinking of going for 12 GB. I notice Apple had switched the graphics cards from from NVIDA to Radeon recently. They said that Radeon had learned from its mistakes like preventing it from overheating. I spend a lot with Photoshop than Illustrator. I sort of have love-hate relationship with Illustrator. Many designers I know are fed up with it and started to switch it to Corel Paintshop.

I am thinking of going for 12 GB. I notice Apple had switched the graphics cards from from NVIDA to Radeon recently. They said that Radeon had learned from its mistakes like preventing it from overheating. I spend a lot with Photoshop than Illustrator. I sort of have love-hate relationship with Illustrator. Many designers I know are fed up with it and started to switch it to Corel Paintshop.

MacBook Air use Intel graphic card since 2011 with little to no issues.

Radeon went downhill but they are popular with gaming consoles (Xbox, Wii U and Playstation).

I took graphic design class - I found Photoshop that is easy to learn but not Illustrator.

Saw Marshawn Lynch former Seahawks player on tv . He's at the game :afro: one of my favorite people

love illustrator most than photoshop but i like both for in one program to design

It is wordprocessing that has kept me with Micro$oft. WordPerfect does not have a currant version for Mac. Yes, I have tried Word over the years and continued to hate it.

It is wordprocessing that has kept me with Micro$oft. WordPerfect does not have a currant version for Mac. Yes, I have tried Word over the years and continued to hate it.
Wow, I haven't seen WordPerfect in a long time. I'm running VMware on my Mac to use my really old Windows/DOS programs in a Windows XP environment. It works pretty well, but I can't seem to find the right driver for my ancient USB tablet to do pressure sensitivity. And my DOS and pre-XP programs seem to run OK. I use it as a separate desktop, but there are things you can do so that your program appears as if it is running in OS X (Windows programs show up on same desktop as MAC).

I would up in college too early for the main stream programs. We got floppies, the next class got hard drives. We got Volkswriter, the next class got Wordperfect. We got Cadkey, they got AutoCAD. We got Microsoft Fortran (took 2 floppies just to load and long compile time), they got WatFOR that loaded and compiled faster. At least we got color; the class before had those IBM "Portables" with the 5 1/4 disks and tiny amber screens.

Wow, I haven't seen WordPerfect in a long time.

I have a feeling that I am much older than you. My first use of a computer was not in school but at work as a bookkeeper in the 1980's starting with the Radio Shack Model III. It went through their Model IV and PC Compatible. Software wise I have been through things like 123 for spreadsheets and WordStar for wordprocessing. I have never been a programmer. WordPerfect seemed a natural transition from WordStar but Word did not. I have tried working with Word at times over the years and always found it very annoying.

Here are a couple of links to later articles. Some of their points about it are in the midst of the articles not right at the start which seems to be different than their true conclusion.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468426,00.asp#disqus_thread
http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/software/corel-wordperfect-office

Hmm interesting Jane. My father started with WordStar back in the mid 80s (home use and I was just starting college). We skipped over WordPerfect though eventually I think I used that program at my 1st job. I will have to ask if he remembers what word processing program he used when he moved to a DOS based computer- maybe it was WordStar...:dunno: Anyway... when he moved to Windows based computers I think Word came along with it (Windows 95). He adapted pretty well to it though over the years he had a love-hate relationship to Windows and anything related it it. Of course... now he's in a love-hate thing with his mac and them pushing out a new OS every year lol.

Me...I had no trouble transitioning between programs and took to MS Word pretty quick after having used WordStar (and likely WordPerfect).

So... I'm younger than you and have used WordStar along with the IBM "Portables" with the 5 1/4 disks and tiny amber screen that Dad had and called Zorba.

Back