A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

LOL. That one ^^^ is HUGE. :)

eh.. still learning to use this site but not much smiley faces here yet.. I'm sure alex will fix it tho ;) and can't use colors eh?

12802831_10153965734194530_7320722340650465289_n.jpg

I still have mine from the early 1950's.
Me, too, same era, probably Christmas 1953. Mine is dark brown. I had (still have) mostly Disney cartoon, Disneyland, and travel slides.

I had one when I was a kid. 1980s
Me, too, same era, probably Christmas 1953. Mine is dark brown. I had (still have) mostly Disney cartoon, Disneyland, and travel slides.

The dates mentioned in these posts show a couple of things — how long this product is/was around and the variety of ages of the people that come to this site. Among just the three of these over 30 years difference is mentioned!

I couldn't resist getting my View-Master out. My version is black and still works although the lever is slow to return to the top on it's own. In the original box with it I found 3 reels that tell the Christmas story and 7 that are Fairy Tales with one tale on each reel. I need to look a bit further because I think I remember some of different sites such as possibility National Parks. The copyright on the Christmas Story reels is 1948. Of the Fairy Tales 4 of them are dated 1946 and 2 are 1948. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer is MCMXXXDX (how well do you read Roman Numerals?). That one is by Robert L. May from Chicago; the others are by Sawyer's Inc. All include a folder with the story written on it. I do not know what age I was when I got mine. There may be photos with it but I don't want to take the time to go through slides and photos at this time.

. . . Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer is MCMXXXDX (how well do you read Roman Numerals?)....
Can you double check your Roman numerals? That's not a correct numeral order.

eh.. still learning to use this site but not much smiley faces here yet.. I'm sure alex will fix it tho ;) and can't use colors eh?

Yes you can use colors still . Just click on a click the 'A' that is underlined and pick a color you like but you needs to remember some people have a hard time reading
color print .

Yes you can use colors still . Just click on a click the 'A' that is underlined and pick a color you like but you needs to remember some people have a hard time reading
color print .
Thank you for showing me this LOL I love the color fonts :)

Great. I was hoping color font was NOT available because certain people, who are always preaching respect others, insist on using color font when they've been told that others on the forum have difficulty reading color font. Ah, well, not sure if these non respectful people's posts are worth reading anyway.

This was our first phone , I didn't how to type anything on my first post . The picture show right up and I didn't know that going to happen .

Hi Rio , yes I know you like color print . :) I do too

I remember some rotary phones with cords but not sure if the dial was on the headset or if we had one like the one in picture. This would have been in the 70's. I used to play with the cord as a kid, wrapping it around my fingers while I was on the phone. I had real <but not connected to anything> blue phone with a cord that for whatever reason ended up being one of my toys, as a child. Maybe it didn't work, I don't know. I had a friend who would come over and we'd play make believe games with my stuffed animals and my toy cars or other things, and sometimes we'd use "my phone" as part of the game.

Can you double check your Roman numerals? That's not a correct numeral order.

It is probably either MCMXXXDX or MCMXXXIX the last two characters are the hardest to read and may be IX rather than DX. The whole line is very, very small being only about 1/10 of a MM tall according to an old ruler that says it has MM on one side and inches on the other.

Well in Googling them ran across one post that gives the Roman Numerals and it has it as ending IX. By the way, this thread shows up in a Google search for View-Master reel of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May.

Mine looks like the Model C mentioned here http://poppopitstrashculture.blogspot.com/2014/02/flea-market-finds-master-of-viewers.html

Here is what I am talking about from sellers on ebay — none of them are me.
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Rudolph-...676260?hash=item51dda12424:g:4AIAAOSw5IJWedYS

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/View-Mas...796212?hash=item43b80ef2b4:g:eDMAAMXQiM5RAdsU
Scroll on down on this listing as there is a good shot larger shot of the reel further down.

MCMXXXIX = 1939

The View-Master system was introduced in 1939 per Wiki

Back