A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

no man can eat 50 eggs
coolhandluke-truth3.jpg

50 ? Hmm... I have made a dozen deviled eggs at times and eaten them all in one sitting. Too yummy to not! :) but 50? Don't think I could.

Bring it on, men. Who wants to try and then post results?? :lol:

I'd want some too! lol

Deviled-Eggs.jpg

50 ? Hmm... I have made a dozen deviled eggs at times and eaten them all in one sitting. Too yummy to not! :) but 50? Don't think I could.

Bring it on, men. Who wants to try and then post results?? :lol:

I have this awesome kitchen tool, I have no idea what it's called, but you stuff the deviled egg mixture in it and squeeze it out. It looks like frosting so pretty. :). (Yes, I am girly! :lol: )

No. It is some kind of press. It comes with different shapes you can squeeze out of. You can make decorative cookie shapes with this too if you use cookie dough. It is a plastic and metal thingy. I know what you meant, though.

I think my mother in law has one of those with different tips for making Christmas cookies.

I have a feeling that your mother-in-law's version could be like one of the two I have.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/200642843/vintage-aluminum-cookie-press-spritz

That is not mine but I have that model that was originally my aunts. There is a sheet with it that has promotional type information and also includes recipes. The clothes in the line drawing on it makes me think it is from very shortly after World War 2. I can't remember it ever not being in the family.

Then years later, after the aunt that was "the baker" in the family had died, and my mom and I were sharing it but not living together Mom found a promotion on a cereal box! She ordered it and it works the same but we could not get over how much smaller it is. Also it does not have removable gages for different thickness of cookies. The forming plates for the two are interchangeable though and I do have "tips" as shown in the second link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230544...ie-press-with-12-disks?ref=unav_listing-other

Both of these links are to sales and have photos that you scroll through.

I have a feeling that your mother-in-law's version could be like one of the two I have.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/200642843/vintage-aluminum-cookie-press-spritz

That is not mine but I have that model that was originally my aunts. There is a sheet with it that has promotional type information and also includes recipes. The clothes in the line drawing on it makes me think it is from very shortly after World War 2. I can't remember it ever not being in the family.

Then years later, after the aunt that was "the baker" in the family had died, and my mom and I were sharing it but not living together Mom found a promotion on a cereal box! She ordered it and it works the same but we could not get over how much smaller it is. Also it does not have removable gages for different thickness of cookies. The forming plates for the two are interchangeable though and I do have "tips" as shown in the second link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230544...ie-press-with-12-disks?ref=unav_listing-other

Both of these links are to sales and have photos that you scroll through.
I think that's right. Probably the first one.

No. It is some kind of press. It comes with different shapes you can squeeze out of. You can make decorative cookie shapes with this too if you use cookie dough. It is a plastic and metal thingy. I know what you meant, though.
We have one, too. TCS makes the deviled eggs with it. Makes it so easy and nice looking. We have the Easy Accent Decorator by Pampered Chef.

y'all are making me so hungry for deviled eggs!!

The item everyone is talking about sounds similar to one my mom had but I seem to recall it was a thinner round metal tube- the plunger and tip were like the one in AlleyCat's picture. I have no idea if we still have it anymore. I do remember it having little pieces with christmas images that you switched to make the cookie shape.

If anyone wants to see examples of the many different styles of cookie presses just Google it. There are quite a number that differ slightly and are both hand activated or electric with most being hand ones (turn or squeeze).

I might make some this weekend, and if I do, I'll post a pic.

Here's a pic of what I made today. Only 5 eggs this time. Saving the rest for breakfast tomorrow. The sprinkling on top is paprika.

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1441471921.204945.jpg

Back