A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I got back from a long vacation in CA. My family and I stayed in LA, SD, Morro Bay and SF for 15 days. We had a blast!!!! I am sad that I am back to work today. :(

It's good you're back!

I got back from a long vacation in CA. My family and I stayed in LA, SD, Morro Bay and SF for 15 days. We had a blast!!!! I am sad that I am back to work today. :(

You were missed, sounds like a great time, lucky you! Back to work ...not so much fun!

soon be bedtime nearly 9.30 though don't know why I bother not sleep..1.am be tossing and turning

ff back where have you been.Hope all is well..

I am wondering if anyone from Florida...I want take daughter to disney waterworld all those places but not be driving would there be busses that just go up and down dropping and picking up..They did in LA

If you stay "on property" at Disney World (WDW), you'll have access to buses and monorails (mostly buses) that will take you everywhere within WDW. There are even buses from/to the Orlando airport that you can arrange for when booking a hotel at WDW.

Off property, there's probably transportation, but I'm not familiar with it.

Glad you had a great time. Just got back from a 9 day camping trip off on VA Beach. It was so relaxing and the views of the sunset were so beautiful!

Pulled weeds today in a new area in 87 degree dew point. So not fun. I gave it up after a while. It's the area that will be underneath the deck we'll put in next spring.

It's 103 degree here today... wouldn't be good to do outside work either.

Pulled weeds today in a new area in 87 degree dew point. So not fun. I gave it up after a while. It's the area that will be underneath the deck we'll put in next spring.

funny-ducks-picks.jpg

If I remember right y'all put sod out? How much does that run? Had to get rid of 2 trees not long ago and had a stump grinder come in too I prepped the areas and re sowed it but it never grew. So had thought of just putting sod down on those places.

Ugh. I am not conditioned for 103 degrees!!! :)

Kill me that heat...I just got rid of loads of sod...Got shrub called 'red robbin'i tried everything get rid of it it just wont die hate it..Then got cut Buddlia I cut that down to my waist few months back now it about 9feet or more tall..I don't want get rid of it but this to much..Neighbour growing bamboo that must be 9/10 feet he refuse do anything about it and ruing other peoples gardens..Anyone got ideas,i tried sea water but don't work anymore or weed killers...Some people selfish

I don't like excessive heat but almost every day that I do my yard work it's at least in the 90's with high humidity.

I don't like excessive heat but almost every day that I do my yard work it's at least in the 90's with high humidity.

It's going to be 90 for 4 days in a row here ,we got 2 more days to go and I hate it. Our lawn is burnt to a crisp . I am so glad my condo stopped wasting money by having lawn spray to made it greener when it never get watered all summer. That is the biggest rip off around , people spraying their lawns to made the grass 'greener'. We never did this growing up and our grass was green enough for us.

It's going to be 90 for 4 days in a row here ,we got 2 more days to go and I hate it. Our lawn is burnt to a crisp . I am so glad my condo stopped wasting money by having lawn spray to made it greener when it never get watered all summer. That is the biggest rip off around , people spraying their lawns to made the grass 'greener'. We never did this growing up and our grass was green enough for us.
The 90's are normal for here so we just keep on doing our normal daily activities. We just drink more water and keep going. :lol:

Like WDYS we aren't used to 90's here in Maine either. Ha, I just stay in my air conditioned house, aahhh, so cool. Hope it doesn't break down!!! :eek3:

I think in my lifetime I have seen 100 degrees only once here in Me., it was back in the 70's I think, brutal!

The 90's are normal for here so we just keep on doing our normal daily activities. We just drink more water and keep going. :lol:

UGH ! I feel like people in the ad on TV that have a Portable Restroom hooked up to the car. I have to buy bottled water and I buy it by the gallon . I been getting very dizzy not sure why , I drink enough water and this is making my balance worst .
@ Annie people were complaining yesterday how hot it was and today is hotter. I went grocery shopping and left my dog home with the A/C running for him. You're right about not being use to 90 degrees heat . It stink !

Like WDYS we aren't used to 90's here in Maine either. Ha, I just stay in my air conditioned house, aahhh, so cool. Hope it doesn't break down!!! :eek3:

I think in my lifetime I have seen 100 degrees only once here in Me., it was back in the 70's I think, brutal!

In 2002, Brunswick Maine hit the 100 mark.... but it could have been including heat index, not sure ... Maine is just odd :p snows in July and August had a horrible heat wave lossing infants and the elderly...
Good to have AC wishing you the best :D

In 2002, Brunswick Maine hit the 100 mark.... but it could have been including heat index, not sure ... Maine is just odd :p snows in July and August had a horrible heat wave lossing infants and the elderly...
Good to have AC wishing you the best :D

Hmm, 2002? guess that one got past me. That could have been the year we were on vacation in the UK. I know it was over 100 degrees outside Heathrow air terminal and the A/C inside was barely able to work, you can imagine a building full of glass, ugh! We missed a flight and had to hang out there for hours.

You're right Maine is odd with it's weather, we never really acclimate to any of it ....it changes too fast! :lol:

Back