A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... give cats away to cat lovers... it's best for all - less financial burden, no stress for you, and no allergy reaction for your kids. it's a logical and sensible approach.

Well - we have 4 cat lovers in this house of 6. Just no one else will take part in the care of them. That's not enough to get rid of them. I would never get rid of a cat for that. Sorry you feel like that was an answer. I am the same way about dogs as well.

Well - we have 4 cat lovers in this house of 6. Just no one else will take part in the care of them. That's not enough to get rid of them. I would never get rid of a cat for that. Sorry you feel like that was an answer. I am the same way about dogs as well.

That's the reason I won't have an indoor cat again...2 of my boys love cats but will not keep up with the liter box....my doggie is no problem at all...we take her out many times during the day, Have you tried those self-cleaning liter boxes? (Not sure what they are really called)....A lot less work, and they don't smell.

I see. well don't feel offended but the way I see it - a cat lover has cats but bears no responsibility in taking care of them... that's called animal hoarding.

You'll have to put your foot down - either they take part in caring them or cats' gotta go. Don't you think it's better for cats to go into a loving home who will take responsibility in caring them?

You're stretching yourself thin - financially, mentally, and physically so why must you subject yourself to that kind of abuse?

I feel bad because I made a social blunder. I just got back from a small gathering in a bar and grill, and we were discussing engine repair at one point. I told one lady that I would rather kill myself than overhaul an engine, and the whole group became suddenly silent. I had no idea why, but brushed it off as one of those unexplained moments. Someone in the group followed me when I got up and told me in the restroom that the lady I said that to is still grieving over her sister who committed suicide. I was aghast. I went back to the table but she had already left!!! The others told me to forget about it, but I feel bad. I will certainly make a heartfelt apology to her as soon as I find her. Weird, no one has her address or phone number. :(

I feel bad because I made a social blunder. I just got back from a small gathering in a bar and grill, and we were discussing engine repair at one point. I told one lady that I would rather kill myself than overhaul an engine, and the whole group became suddenly silent. I had no idea why, but brushed it off as one of those unexplained moments. Someone in the group followed me when I got up and told me in the restroom that the lady I said that to is still grieving over her sister who committed suicide. I was aghast. I went back to the table but she had already left!!! The others told me to forget about it, but I feel bad. I will certainly make a heartfelt apology to her as soon as I find her. Weird, no one has her address or phone number. :(

That's why I don't say things like that around others. Always makes for an awkward moment. Hope you find her!

I see. well don't feel offended but the way I see it - a cat lover has cats but bears no responsibility in taking care of them... that's called animal hoarding.

Well, the litter box does clean cleaned out twice a day and changed twice a week. They do get fed twice a day and get treats every so often. Animal hoarding is if there is absolutely no care and many, many of them. We only have 2 and they are cared for.

You'll have to put your foot down - either they take part in caring them or cats' gotta go. Don't you think it's better for cats to go into a loving home who will take responsibility in caring them?

The kids do play and love the cats daily. Hubby does as well. So does MIL and mother. I give them all kinds of attention and love as well and they sleep with me and hubby. Mother is the one who usually handles the feeding, though daughter also does as well. Daughter is the one who takes care of cleaning up any messes or washing the cats if need be. Sammy managed to dump a glass of chocolate milk and proceed to roll in it. Daughter gave him a bath after cleaning up the spill and then mother shampooed the carpet.

You're stretching yourself thin - financially, mentally, and physically so why must you subject yourself to that kind of abuse?

Financially right now, I spend $13 every 3 weeks for food and cat litter. December is when they go to the vet for their yearly check-up and shots. That will be expensive but the vet is one of the best in the area and is also quite reasonably priced. According to the receipts for their last visit that the previous owner took them to, it was about $150 for both cats. One of the cats did have a massive bill, but that's because he almost died after getting outside and eating a lizard. They are inside cats only and we just have to keep an eye on my mother since she's the one who can't make sure the door is latched. MIL's doors are not easy to close and that's they way she wants them. The kitchen door is always popping open, so we turn the dead bolt to keep it closed when she's not out in the front room. Mentally, for the most part the cats are very relaxing. Physically, it is hard for me, but then again, so is daily life at times.

Spent time with my family today. My mom, Grandma and my auntie and i went to get our toe nails done. I never had my toe nails done right after spa for our feet. it was strange but i love it :D

I have never ever ever in my life ever had my nails done for any reason. I've also never curled nor plucked my eyelashes. I did have a massage once and I've had my eyebrows waxed. I couldn't tell you the first thing about make-up and yet I am a woman. It's not that I don't want to know these things, it's just that I've never had the opportunity to learn or to try these things. Sad, huh?

It would be nice if I won a contest where I could get a full day treatment at a spa with a friend. That would be awesome.

My coca-cola cookbook and jigsaws has arrived today! Hopefully, the Coca-Cola edition Monopoly will come on Monday.

Dixie- I have never had a professional manicure or pedicure done. I'm thinking of having hot stone massage in Hawaii. As for curling my eyelashes...no way! :ugh:

I have never ever ever in my life ever had my nails done for any reason. I've also never curled nor plucked my eyelashes. I did have a massage once and I've had my eyebrows waxed. I couldn't tell you the first thing about make-up and yet I am a woman. It's not that I don't want to know these things, it's just that I've never had the opportunity to learn or to try these things. Sad, huh?

It would be nice if I won a contest where I could get a full day treatment at a spa with a friend. That would be awesome.

Its not sad. I had never done my nails until recently. My mom took me to get a pedicure this summer. IT TICKLES! Curling eyelashes sounds... weird. A massage would make me uncomfortable, because I wouldnt want some stranger touching me that much.

Also, I tried to apply eyeliner once recently. My attempt looked like something that would happen to a 7 year old that just got into mommy's makeup without permission and smeared it all over her face.

I haven't curled eyelashes in probably 20 years, but it's actually really easy. Unless there's a newer way to do it, it's not electric or heat, just a little crimping thing you put your eyelashes through and press. I didn't think it was worth even the 10 secs it took to do it, so I don't.

I haven't curled eyelashes in probably 20 years, but it's actually really easy. Unless there's a newer way to do it, it's not electric or heat, just a little crimping thing you put your eyelashes through and press. I didn't think it was worth even the 10 secs it took to do it, so I don't.

I feel the same way. I used to do it all the time in HS, but not anymore. It's only good if you have really long eyelashes.

Did you know... "dammit im mad" spelled backwards is still 'dammit im mad'.

I would definitely love to do that too. Full day spa treatment with a girlfriend. I should sign up for one for my daughter and I but I wonder if it is really expensive? Maybe Groupon will have something.

I have had nail done and was not happy in the end. Too much upkeep for me. Never curled eye lashes or done eyebrows at all. Have had a bikini wax once and decided never again. I now no longer wear any make up. Never do my nails (too short now), and never do much of the "girly" stuff.

Would be too scared of the spa treatment due to massive allergies.

well i got my nails done with my mom but never got my toe nails done until yesterday or two days ago, i cant remember. I also never have my feet spa and clean up and all of that and massaged. it felt good and i wanted to do it every month only cost me 24 dollars which isnt so bad. for my eyebrows or anything else, i can take care of myself but for nails and toe nails i just go to salon and get it done :giggle:

Every time I try to paint my nails... I end up washing beakers out with acetone in chem lab the next day... Acetone IS the primary ingredient in nail polish remover. I always forget about it and get acetone all over my nails.

Just not worth it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back