A positive thread about absolutely nothing

I did more traveling by canoe today and learned about some neat little places while out :

and pulled up to the ramp just a few hours ago:

Like my outrigger?

That's pretty sweet. When do you imagine this event happening?

I am hoping for the spring. But .... they are draining that lake for the winter, and I won't have a whole lot of time to "explore" the river that runs through it.

There are slim pickings for camp sites too ... Let me see what I can discover.

Thanks! That's kind of scary, just having a bat fly in. Glad the cat's safe! :)

What was she on quarantine for?! Poor kitty

Yeah when bat entered my house. Kitty went after a bat and opened mouth and too close face to face at each other. I had to bring her to the vet. I learned that kitty was late for rabies shot. Vet must report to the health dept. that's how she ended up in the 6 months quarantine.

If I trap a bat and have Heath dept to check it out for a test then kitty would stay in the quarantine for 10 days instead of 6 months. I encourage you to check your state what's their rules. It apply to cats and dogs and some creatures.

I'm happy that I made the right decision. She could have been put down.

Last edited:
My childhood friend who moved here almost 2 yrs ago. We decided to meet old friends in nyc/ Long Island. So we went there for one night then went back home. Some of them don't live there. They either fly or drive to meet there. It was great to see old friends again. :D

I am building up endurance for riding my bicycle long distance. I have now ridden more than 7 miles the last three days, and will keep it up as long as it stays mild. Hopefully next year I won't need the bus nor Metra :D

Where in CA did you visit? So happy to hear your trip is going so well.

Rode Muni & BART Friday, went to Sacramento Saturday. I decided to go to the RR Museum - it was nice. Today we went to San Jose station then rode VTA to the Great Mall & back. Heading back to Emeryville/hotel now. Leave on the Zephyr tomorrow.

Rode Muni & BART Friday, went to Sacramento Saturday. I decided to go to the RR Museum - it was nice. Today we went to San Jose station then rode VTA to the Great Mall & back. Heading back to Emeryville/hotel now. Leave on the Zephyr tomorrow.

Did you get a chance to meet up with any AD'ers?

By chance, did you get to ride Bart under the Bay? I did it way back when it first opened. A little scary riding under water that far.

A little warm in Sacramento for you?

Installed the new front porch light, new mailbox , and painted the front door. Left are to paint the lamp post and re-install the 2nd floor shutters.

Back