A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I'm curious...what state has the highest number of motorcycle ownership?

Hmmm, probably not Minnesota. Maybe other state, probably California or Florida or even Texas? Who knows.

Ah, not surprised about California haha. Motorcyclists like nicer weather all year. :)

The question should be, what is the per capita motorcylce ownership but I haven't found a chart for that yet.

worldwidemotorcycledens.jpg

lol we're $$$$

Each item you list from Progressive is also part of your Rider Insurance coverage. Pedestrian personal injury protection at $250,000 is mandatory for every policy in New Jersey, not just Progressive. Also, all Rider policies include uninsured/ underinsured motorist bodily injury and property damage coverage at the same limits as your liability limits, at no extra charge. You will also note that Rider’s accessory package grants you larger coverage. Trip interruption is also part of Rider’s coverage if you have a non-sport bike over 551ccs, since you have purchased collision and comprehensive coverage. Rider also offers 250/500/100 policy limits. There is no benefit to insuring with a larger company for peace of mind. Rider has been the largest motorcycle insurer in New Jersey for decades. Progressive abandoned New Jersey motorcyclists in the 1970s and only returned to the state in the past few years. Rider has been around for NJ motorcyclists without interruption for almost 40 years. Also, you have bodily injury and property damage for Progressive at 250/500/100. This is liability coverage not first party coverage. You should check to see if there is a maximum payout on damages to your vehicle.

for past few days - I've been considering switching to big-name insurance company for more coverage and peace of mind (i hope). My current insurance is Rider Insurance and I pay $202 a year.

This is what it entails -
-up to $40,000 for damage/theft to my bike
-liability limits for bodily injury in the amount of $15,000 each person, $30,000 each accident, and $5,000 for property damage
-rider accessory package: it will pay up to $8,000 in the event of loss, theft, damage or destruction to accessories, chromed parts and non-standard equipment resulting from an insured peril
-includes Roadside Assistance: towing up to 35 miles, battery jumpstart, emergency fuel, etc.

From Progressive for $227 a year, I get:
-bodily injury & property damage: $250,000/person, $500,000 accident, $100,000 property damage
-pedestrian personal injury protection: $250,000 with $250 deductible and 20% co-pay
-uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury: $50,000 person, $100,000 accident
-uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage: $5,000 with $500 deductible
-collision: $250 deductible
-comprehensive: $250 deductible
-up to $3,000 for accessory coverage
-roadside assistance plus Trip Interruption (they will cover all expenses if my bike broke down during long-distance travel)

see the big difference in terms of coverage and limit? It's a great peace of mind for me since I ride full-time and I live in a very litigious state. I can change any of these options to increase the premium or not. This is nice. I've heard some good reviews about Progressive. I urge you - if you are riding motorcycle a lot, please do not go for cheapest insurance you can get. Paying extra bucks for better insurance coverage will come a long way for you if shit happens.

I think my insurance agent is spying on me :Ohno:

my baby Maggie

my baby Maggie ('98 Honda Magna VF750CC) Rider Insurance is my motorcycle insurance co. which is few miles away from me :)
Maggie.jpg

I check through quotes on each insurers. I was asking for basic coverage because my motorcycle is 2002. Just ONE YEAR liabilty coverage. Progressive: $159.00, GEICO: $99, RV America (they have motorcycle insurance): $130.

I want have reasonable coverage not over $200.

Just today, I went to Cycle Gear shop in Lenexa, KS and checked out Melzeler tires. They're on salel, I'm gettin' it!! and I didn't get to bring home the price but If I bring in both of wheels over to have them do the job remove/install tires, on Thursday after 7pm-9pm (after hour), they have sale, the total cost for both wheel including $20 each installation is $254. That's reasonable for me so I'm going to do that. My only concern how do I remove rear wheel with shaft drive!!!! I did download Suzuki VL800 maintenance manual. It did show how to remove rear wheel. I have to take seat, rear fender and muffler off in order to be able to remove rear wheel. Front wheel are easy to do. I do not have special stand to keep bike upright while wheels are removed.

Suggestions???

Catty

Back