A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

sweet bike, yo!

8 years and only 8,000 miles? huh... light rider he is!

about Metzeler - it's arguably the best you can get out there. My bike's got Metzeler Tourance (90% road, 10% dirt). Some people do use Metzeler rear and Bridgestone front cuz Metzeler is $$$. It's up to you. For your bike - Metzeler ME-880.

Another recommendation - Michelin Anakees (maybe). All tires I mentioned above are excellent road tires. great grips. can handle wet road. I've done dozens of rain ridings. The tires have solid grip.

Yes, he's apparently light rider, also his dad rode some too.

As for tires. Yes, Metzeler tires are good from what I read. It ain't expensive to me, they're reasonable. I may plan to order or get two Metzeler tires for my motorcycle.

I didn't know that Volusia does have storage box on its left middle side under seat. Use key to unlock and pop off the cover and ere' the storage bin in there :eek:

My motorcycle and few damages which are minor, shifter bar was twisted, scrape on left side of gas tank near the chrome decor on tank but no dent, left passenger peg bent a little. All that can be repaired rather quickly. It's 8 years old and what do I expected!! :rofl:

Catty

Saw a 'squid' on the streets of Pitts yesterday. Was amazed how dumb that guy was.

ajletd.jpg

a 250? those are limited in power and with a 250 on a trike id think it would really be a strain on the engine.
I would be a granny rider, no long trips on interstates; just easy cruising down country lanes or running short errands. :giggle: The 250 is the only size I would consider.

Yes, he's apparently light rider, also his dad rode some too.

As for tires. Yes, Metzeler tires are good from what I read. It ain't expensive to me, they're reasonable. I may plan to order or get two Metzeler tires for my motorcycle.

I didn't know that Volusia does have storage box on its left middle side under seat. Use key to unlock and pop off the cover and ere' the storage bin in there :eek:

My motorcycle and few damages which are minor, shifter bar was twisted, scrape on left side of gas tank near the chrome decor on tank but no dent, left passenger peg bent a little. All that can be repaired rather quickly. It's 8 years old and what do I expected!! :rofl:

Catty

Metzeler - which one you're going to get?

Is your motorcycle tubeless?

that's what I was thinking. Additional weight + 250cc = poor gas mileage and high rev. Might want to look at 500cc-range.
Too big for me.

If the 250 doesn't work then I'm out of luck. I'm not going to even try to ride a bike that I have stand on tippy toes to straddle.

Too big for me.

If the 250 doesn't work then I'm out of luck. I'm not going to even try to ride a bike that I have stand on tippy toes to straddle.

tippy toe? on trike? no need to!

if your looking for a good 250 bike google search Suzuki GZ250. its also known as marauder 250 in canada and over seas.

5'3"; 26"

plenty fine! My friend is barely 4'9 and she can ride Buell Blast (500cc and 25.5-27.5" seat height)

Since you prefer the cruiser/sport cruiser type... there are hundreds of bikes that can fit you just fine. Boots add about an inch to your inseam.

Hyosung GV250 is 27" seat height and 368 lbs.
Hyosung GV650 is 26.5" seat height and 485 lbs.

no problem.

plenty fine! My friend is barely 4'9 and she can ride Buell Blast (500cc and 25.5-27.5" seat height)
Good for her.

Since you prefer the cruiser/sport cruiser type... there are hundreds of bikes that can fit you just fine. Boots add about an inch to your inseam.

Hyosung GV250 is 27" seat height and 368 lbs.
Hyosung GV650 is 26.5" seat height and 485 lbs.

no problem.
I sat on TCS's GV650 in the "driver's" seat, and I could not stand flat footed on his bike.

I sat on a GV250 at the dealer's and I could stand flat footed.

What about the bike width? That also effects how far the legs will reach. It's the total measurement of width and height that determines if the feet reach the ground.

hmmm, talking about heights for bikes, i was strolling in a m/c shops a few weeks ago, and was quite shocked theres hardly any under 400cc bikes in my hometown - read sad. as for me i havent got a m/c lic and can only ride up to 250cc for the first 6 months (or 1yr? i better check that out) then can go open class which id go for a 600 or 750 a 1000cc is just too heavy and pointless for its outright speed.

and well back to the heights, l see alot of big v-twins italian made, and jappa which are following the tread of high pipes, cross breed bloody desert/road gawd i hate it! and even the road bikes as gotten ridiculous, high on every thing what the problem with lower centre of gravity? i thought thats part of the handling formular - all chucked out the window?
its crazy
i really missed the 80's-90's bikes they had it right...
sensible fairings which did the job still looked good not too complicated to remove, geeez!!
headlights looked right, now they all trying to look like granddad's clock with some wedges shoved in, its too freakn weird and naked that and naked this, surely looks meaty but its fucks up the slipstream and handling!

whats more about the high pipes its 'high enough to avoid the road' BUT its heavy up to to drag the riders down to the road!!, it doesnt fucking make sense...

gimma an 92' RGV250 or 88' NSR250... then id be smiling but finding one in a Good nick is another story...

I sat on TCS's GV650 in the "driver's" seat, and I could not stand flat footed on his bike.

I sat on a GV250 at the dealer's and I could stand flat footed.

What about the bike width? That also effects how far the legs will reach. It's the total measurement of width and height that determines if the feet reach the ground.

huh.. hmmmm... GV650 is 33.1" overall width and GV250 is 31.5" and Buell Blast is 29.2"

:hmm:

Back