A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I think what he's saying... they're so stupid, the riders think they're champ for being reckless.
Maybe they think that about themselves but they're no "heroes" in my book.

Maybe they think that about themselves but they're no "heroes" in my book.

notice the first word - "an hero" (grammatically incorrect).

It is an awful phrase to use. link

3) Doing something stupid, which results in accidentally killing yourself.

but "an hero" is mainly used for someone who killed oneself over something stupid like... lost iPod.

I know. :)

When he said that, it reminded me of all the 20-years old bar stars (people who dressed up in the in-season dress-shirt, gel up their hair, then go to bars for one night's stands) who are driving Mustangs and Chevys down Whyte Ave with no seatbelts and such reckless behaviour during the summer days.

Of course, older people and more conservative younger people think they are being douches, but the car owners themselves think they are a hot item.

So? You said young age and sport bike are squid. That's why I am disagreed with you. Like i said young age men and sport bike are not alway squid. Like picture I posted.

you need to sit down and think. the statistic has shown that the most accidents are by young people + sport bikes (aka squid) and older people (not squid).

You may have asked yourself - why older people? It's because well - as you get older, your response rate is slower. or rusty skill.

notice the first word - "an hero" (grammatically incorrect).

It is an awful phrase to use. link

but "an hero" is mainly used for someone who killed oneself over something stupid like... lost iPod.
Sorry, I never heard of that phrase before. That's the first time I saw it. Weird.

I thought it was just your typo. :lol:

Sorry, I never heard of that phrase before. That's the first time I saw it. Weird.

I thought it was just your typo. :lol:

:lol:

it's a really awful phrase that these cruel Internet people (aka 4channers) came up with.

you need to sit down and think. the statistic has shown that the most accidents are by young people + sport bikes (aka squid) and older people (not squid).
Which is why young single men pay the highest insurance premiums.

You may have asked yourself - why older people? It's because well - as you get older, your response rate is slower. or rusty skill.
Which is compensated for by more experience, patience, and mature decision making.

BTW, how "old" is an "older" rider to you? At what age does the rider become "rusty?"

yup.

Which is compensated for by more experience, patience, and mature decision making.
that's assuming they have been riding for a very long time. That is not the case in here. It's the rusty older riders. see below.

BTW, how "old" is an "older" rider to you? At what age does the rider become "rusty?"
According to statistics and research I read from while back - it's usually mid-age - late 40's to 50's

Rusty = it's because many men gave up motorcycling for the sake of family and/or had no time for it due to work, personal obligation, $$$. When they hit middle age... everything gets quiet down and the kids are grown up and gone out of the nest. So they take up motorcycling to rekindle their old interest. The problem is - they haven't been riding for probably more than 10 years. That's why there was a brief promotion and awareness for older riders to take up refresher course at discounted price.

Do not worry. TCS did a smart thing - he took MSF course. If I recall correctly - TCS has ridden in the past. At least he didn't say - "I know how to ride cuz I used to ride long time ago so I don't need no darn course!" :lol:

I don't get it.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pubs/811159.pdf

In 2008, 5,290 motorcyclists were killed—an increase of 2 percent over the 5,174 motorcyclists killed in 2007. There were 96,000 motorcyclists injured during 2008.

In 2008 - Out of 4,955 fatalities, top 3 are California(537), Florida(523), and Texas(480). Pennsylvania is the fourth - 227. Notice the huge gap between Top 3 and 4th? I'm not surprised about PA... it's most likely both DUI and deers.

In 2008 - out of 5,290 fatalities, it is mostly people under 30 (1,614) and above 40 (2,687).

The research shows that most of accidents are riders on larger engine displacement which shows that the riders were either inexperienced/rusty (typically older people) or foolish (the young people on superbike).

Majority of accidents are by sportbike (such as Suzuki GSX-R, Honda CBR, Yamaha R1/R6, etc) with over 1,000cc. Cause? they were speeding/racing. That's why the insurance premiums is very high if you are young and/or own a powerful sportbike. If you do own one - consider getting a life insurance.

Hmm. I saw old man who retried navy and he told that he was rode motorcycle for many times then he dont rode it for long time then he take class. He did awful job like he dont bring his glove, boot, and jacket. He just parked MSFs biker then he tried to take off from motorcycle and he falled and his face hit on the floor with motorcycle. He wear MSF's helmet open face he just got scratch his nose but he is okay. So, yes, he failed MSF class.

Hmm. I saw old man who retried navy and he told that he was rode motorcycle for many times then he dont rode it for long time then he take class. He did awful job like he dont bring his glove, boot, and jacket. He just parked MSFs biker then he tried to take off from motorcycle and he falled and his face hit on the floor with motorcycle. He wear MSF's helmet open face he just got scratch his nose but he is okay. So, yes, he failed MSF class.

ouch! poor him!

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pubs/811159.pdf

In 2008 - Out of 4,955 fatalities, top 3 are California(537), Florida(523), and Texas(480). Pennsylvania is the fourth - 227. Notice the huge gap between Top 3 and 4th? I'm not surprised about PA... it's most likely both DUI and deers.

In 2008 - out of 5,290 fatalities, it is mostly people under 30 (1,614) and above 40 (2,687).

The research shows that most of accidents are riders on larger engine displacement which shows that the riders were either inexperienced/rusty (typically older people) or foolish (the young people on superbike).

Majority of accidents are by sportbike (such as Suzuki GSX-R, Honda CBR, Yamaha R1/R6, etc) with over 1,000cc. Cause? they were speeding/racing. That's why the insurance premiums is very high if you are young and/or own a powerful sportbike. If you do own one - consider getting a life insurance.

Relax, Don't mean ALL of young people. Some smart young people like us and our friends don't do anything stupid.

Relax, Don't mean ALL of young people. Some smart young people like us and our friends.

You have a very odd fixation on "all"..... Have I said "all" in my posts?

The statistic does not care if your friends are smart or not. It does not care if they're your friends either. The statistic is just number and data. You, me, your friends, everybody. we're all numbers to statistic. I see what the statistic tells me and I'm just telling you what the statistic says.

If you do not agree with it - well nobody is telling you to believe it.

Ever since I took the class under MSF, I have become more attentive to those riders around me. Sadly, the majority of these riders do not wear their helmets, as they should. Here, locally, it is not against the law to be without helmets. I strongly believe it should be changed.

Even more pathetic is when I have seen a middle-age man wearing long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and a 3/4 covered helmet while his passenger was, (I'm assuming his wife), wearing shorts, tank top and without a helmet. :thumbd:

**Hi everyone - I'm returning back to alldeaf under a new name**

Ever sine I took the class under MSF, I have become more attentive to those riders around me. Sadly, the majority of these riders do not wear their helmets as they should. Here, locally, it is not against the law to be without helmets. I strongly believe it should be changed.

Even more pathetic is when I have seen a middle-age man wearing long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and a 3/4 covered helmet while his passenger was, (I'm assuming his wife), wearing shorts, tank top and without a helmet. :thumbd:
sounds like Florida!

**Hi everyone - I'm returning back to alldeaf under a new name**

:wave: what was your old name?

...Even more pathetic is when I have seen a middle-age man wearing long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and a 3/4 covered helmet while his passenger was, (I'm assuming his wife), wearing shorts, tank top and without a helmet. :thumbd:
:hmm: I'm guessin' that wasn't his wife.

Back