A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

gl1100x6.jpg

Right now, Jan 12th, It's now freezing out and just had first snow, It's just 1/4 inches that's it, cute. Temperature is 27 degree but 17 degree at night Brrrr. I refuse to ride motorcycle on that temperature like that.. Ice still on road regardless it's been dried up by salt. I going to put battery on float charge and put STP Fuel treatment in tank tomorrow until weather warms up. I am seeing next week temp are warming up to 50 degree. February will warms up even more. Very unusal weather this year cuz it was nice and warm all week last week or so and I was able to ride motorcycle.. Thanks to El Nina :lol:

Catty

gl1100x10.jpg

Got it - finally!

gl1100x11.jpg

Selecting the best parts and putting humpty dumpty back together again.

gl1100x12.jpg

Good piston replacing bad one - good crankcase replacing cracked one.

gl1100x13.jpg

New gaskets and re-assembled

gl1100x15.jpg

Hit temp ceramic engine enamel.

I am currently working on rebuilding the headers. I am lapping the valves (making sure they seat properly) and replacing the valve seals.

This is how I kept from losing bolts - and solved the mystery of "hmm, where does this bolt go?"

gl1100x9.jpg

I drew the bolt pattern on to a cardboard box, then stuck the bolts through the box.

I am currently working on rebuilding the headers. I am lapping the valves (making sure they seat properly) and replacing the valve seals.

This is how I kept from losing bolts - and solved the mystery of "hmm, where does this bolt go?"

gl1100x9.jpg

I drew the bolt pattern on to a cardboard box, then stuck the bolts through the box.

Smart, I should do that.

Wow, good detail of the pics. Holed piston whoa.... My bet is there is exhaust valve dropped in your engine. The highest percent of the valve dropped in gasoline powered engines are Exhaust valves. But I didn't see the word of the exhaust valve in your post... Never mind, sorry to bother you and ADers in this thread.

Wow, good detail of the pics. Holed piston whoa.... My bet is there is exhaust valve dropped in your engine. The highest percent of the valve dropped in gasoline powered engines are Exhaust valves. But I didn't see the word of the exhaust valve in your post... Never mind, sorry to bother you and ADers in this thread.

No bother at all. You are correct, it was a dropped valve. The whole bike was dropped by the PO. When I was taking the crankcase apart, the mating bolts were cracked in half too. (;) the dropped valve was the result of the engine being dropped on asphalt).

No bother at all. You are correct, it was a dropped valve. The whole bike was dropped by the PO. When I was taking the crankcase apart, the mating bolts were cracked in half too. (;) the dropped valve was the result of the engine being dropped on asphalt).

Dropped valve due timing belt broke or spring broke?

PO stands for postal office or what? Cracked mating bolts? I never see that before.
You says "The dropped valve was the result of the engine being dropped on ASPHALT". Sounds like joke to me. Is it real?

PO stands for postal office or what? Cracked mating bolts? I never see that before.
You says "The dropped valve was the result of the engine being dropped on ASPHALT". Sounds like joke to me. Is it real?

or Police Officer

Broken valve spring (sometime), if you put wrong retainer keepers in the spring retainers that might cause the valves drop. Broken timing belt causes bend valves.

True,

I seem valve spring broke at around 300k mileage from the diesel engine and timing chain still good. The valve melt on the piston. I wish I take a picture.

I have been away for a while and just saw this. That is an awesome video and thanks for sharing Jiro.

PO means Previous Owner or Prior Owner.

No reply from Steinhauser...

Awesome vid, make me a pride cuz I am part of Japanese.... likes he is an Asian Jesse James....Love his custom made bikes... better than Paul Sr & Jr

I stop watch Paul Sr & Jr anymore. I can't stand to watch between of them over lawsuit and immature Michael.

Back