A hate crime....

Even though I'd love to, I never set out to change race relations or the world. Admirable, yes. But I'm pretty much some dope who's getting hungry for pancakes at the moment...

Although even if I did set out to do that, don't forget....government is in the way. :lol:

whoa I'm not asking you to be the next Martin Luther King :lol:

I'm talking about what you did in your community for them and how you can do a better job than before.

Wow! Defensiveness. A hallmark of ethnocentricty and a refusal to examine one's own privilege.:roll:

Ok, jillio. I admit it...you beat me down. You are pretty relentless and fun to debate! :lol:

I think I better fill my tummy with something. See you around!

Disagree with you soon...

...Secondly, if a person shot a gun and killed someone, they deserve to be punished and if they say they shot and killed someone because of that person's religion or sexual orientation or skin colour, they receive additional charges. You oppose this?
Are you saying that the charges of hate crime would be added after the person was convicted and sentenced for the murder? If that's the case, then a second trial would be required to address those additional charges.

Or are you saying that it's a case where the person confesses to shooting someone before the trial and therefore has the hate crime charges added before the trial?

Are you saying that the charges of hate crime would be added after the person was convicted and sentenced for the murder? If that's the case, then a second trial would be required to address those additional charges.

Or are you saying that it's a case where the person confesses to shooting someone before the trial and therefore has the hate crime charges added before the trial?

You tell me. You seem to oppose the hate crime law so you must know.

lol hmmm..... University of Alabama? Kentucky State University? Delaware State University? these colleges have over 70% African-American students

:hmm:

Of the 31,747 undergraduate, professional, and graduate students enrolled at UA in the fall semester of 2011,

•63% come from Alabama
•34% come from elsewhere in the United States
•4% are international students from 77 countries
•27% of our undergraduates belong to sororities or fraternities
•54% are women
•13% are African-American
•3% are Hispanic-American
•2% are Asian-American

Quick Facts: Demographics - The University of Alabama

well I would have mentioned that, don't you think?

The Graduate School - The University of Alabama

Your link says

The University of Alabama ranked 2nd among the 50 Flagship Institutions in the percentage of African American students receiving graduate degrees (10.43%) in 2006-2007.
Enrollment of African American graduate students at an all time high:
Fall 2007: 12.1%
Fall 2006: 11.2%
Fall 2005: 11.2%
Fall 2004: 10.4%
Fall 2003: 9.6%

That's a touch below 70%

When has anyone ever been charged with a terroristic threat for burning a cross.
"...To me, the majority’s brief history of the Ku Klux Klan only reinforces this common understanding of the Klan as a terrorist organization, which, in its endeavor to intimidate, or even eliminate those its dislikes, uses the most brutal of methods.

Such methods typically include cross burning–“a tool for the intimidation and harassment of racial minorities, Catholics, Jews, Communists, and any other groups hated by the Klan.” Capitol Square Review and Advisory Bd. v. Pinette, 515 U.S. 753, 770 (1995) (Thomas, J., concurring)...."
VIRGINIA V. BLACK

"...To me, the majority’s brief history of the Ku Klux Klan only reinforces this common understanding of the Klan as a terrorist organization, which, in its endeavor to intimidate, or even eliminate those its dislikes, uses the most brutal of methods.

Such methods typically include cross burning–“a tool for the intimidation and harassment of racial minorities, Catholics, Jews, Communists, and any other groups hated by the Klan.” Capitol Square Review and Advisory Bd. v. Pinette, 515 U.S. 753, 770 (1995) (Thomas, J., concurring)...."
VIRGINIA V. BLACK

but what about those not affiliated with KKK such as just 2 racist buffoons? still would be charged with terroristic threat?

VIRGINIA V. BLACK

Thank you. Now we have hate crime laws to cover same.

but what about those not affiliated with KKK such as just 2 racist buffoons? still would be charged with terroristic threat?

Of course not. That is why it is absurd to compare organizational activities such as the KKK and the SkinHead NeoNazi Hate Groups to individual acts.

Back