A hate crime....

eh *shrug*

now roll along.... roll along....

Obviously, someone is having a little difficulty understanding the difference between a college that is a top choice for black graduate students and an historically black college. Doesn't surprise me that the confusion is there, though, given the rampant confusion regarding race and social stratification I have seen in this thread and elsewhere.

If you say that, then he f'ed up. Remember I'm from Mobile and U. of Ala. is not over 70% Not even close

What does you being from Mobile have to do with it? Living in the same city as a university doesn't mean you know anything more about that university than where it is located.:laugh2:

Jillio's Ohio State? How did you come up with an association between me and Ohio State? Never attended Ohio State, never worked at Ohio State, I don't even root for Buckeyes football.:laugh2:

And jiro was correct in that it is one of the top choices of black graduate students seeking professional advanced education.

Really, you probably shouldn't attempt to discuss educational institutions until you have actually attended

Listen Queen of Deflect, get a clue.

Mobile, home of Mardi Gras, is in Alabama but it ain't home to U. of Ala.
Just a your home is not home to Ohio State, only in the same state.
So I knew instantly Jiro was wrong. And YOU are wrong TOO!
You try to deflect his #538 with "top choice of b.s. b.s." where the idea does not even get spit in #538. Jiro made a precise statement and it had to be taken as that.
Deflect all you want, it won't make the orderlies put down their comic books and listen to you.

A PhD doesn't make anyone an expert in every topic, and it definitely doesn't make one right about every topic. As Americans, we have the right and obligation to speak up when we disagree. We should do so in a civil manner, and not make our arguments personal attacks. It doesn't require a PhD to do that.

I don't have any degree at all, but I do ok in debates. People just need to feel strongly enough to express their views. There is always someone out there that is smarter, better with words, etc. Gotta make noise, or sit back and watch. Easy choice.

I don't have any degree at all, but I do ok in debates. People just need to feel strongly enough to express their views. There is always someone out there that is smarter, better with words, etc. Gotta make noise, or sit back and watch. Easy choice.

:popcorn:

Jillio's Ohio State? How did you come up with an association between me and Ohio State? Never attended Ohio State, never worked at Ohio State, I don't even root for Buckeyes football.:laugh2:

And jiro was correct in that it is one of the top choices of black graduate students seeking professional advanced education.

Really, you probably shouldn't attempt to discuss educational institutions until you have actually attended

Listen Queen of Deflect, get a clue.

Mobile, home of Mardi Gras, is in Alabama but it ain't home to U. of Ala.
Just a your home is not home to Ohio State, only in the same state.
So I knew instantly Jiro was wrong. And YOU are wrong TOO!
You try to deflect his #538 with "top choice of b.s. b.s." where the idea does not even get spit in #538. Jiro made a precise statement and it had to be taken as that.
Deflect all you want, it won't make the orderlies put down their comic books and listen to you.

Orderlies, his Haldol has worn off. He is florid again. Look here at the example of nonsensical rambling that has no relation to anything being discussed. Please administer another dose.

Since you started this thread - what's your stance on hate crime laws?

He is waiting for someone else to articulate something that sounds like he would want to agree to it. He will then reply with a one word response.

Unnecessary. What else? Haven't you been reading?

Unnecessary based on what premise?

We have all been reading the thread. That is why we all know that you have failed to express an opinion on anything.

Hmmm, a 30% posting rate in this thread. Not me though.

Of course it isn't you. You have no ability to make a statement on your own.

Go talk to yourself on your profile page some more. Really ups your credibility. LOL And it's safe. No one to point out that you are pathetic. LOL

Not sure what this has to do with the OP.

Defelction. He can't come up with a cohesive statement to make regarding the OP. I'm beginning to suspect that he creates these threads to give people the opportunity to think for him. He waits for an opinion that appears to be conservative to be posted, and then adopts it as his own.

From the look of that cat, I say you choose to make noise. Easy choice.
(gotta have a little humor on this thread)

-Regarding a very early post-

Wouldn't it be more correct to say, "the dominate society will use anything in its power to promote its own agenda" ?

(Bible, Koran (or Quran - not going to try to type Arabic anyhow) or some 'science' book of the day that was cooked up like Mendel's peas...

This would be more accurate then pointing out a widespread group with no way to be accountable for its 'members' (exact example Christians) and saying that it's all their fault (that bad things happened or bigotry existed/exist?

Anyway- On topic-

I'm unusually conflicted here, I see both sides of this. Please peruse this rubric to see if it is missing something:

It seems that the 'anti-hate crime' group (just for a name) is also the 'anti-affirmative action' group... [please let me know immediately if this is incorrect ;) ]
=========================================

The AHC group says:
*Everybody is equal- we shouldn't punish for 'hate' as crime is 'hateful'
*The extra burden of proof is just as hard to prove as the higher levels of motive (premeditated ect)
*Punishing one group/person extra just because the victim was in another group/person is unequal at its very core.
*Naming 'hate crimes' has not decreased the occurrence of such things- it is therefore unnecessary.

The 'pro hate-crime... wait lemme rephrase that, the people that supports hate crime legislation... SHCL -
*Everyone SHOULD be equal, but we aren't stats prove this.
*Punishing an individual for a pattern of behavior is no different then sentencing a drunk to rehab or a vandal to community service- our system is punitive, not rehabilitative- more is the pity...
*The language used is VERY specific and only used when the prosecution is very sure that the extra litigation required is justified and supported by facts.
*One can neither show correlation nor confirmation of 'hate-crimes' to relative occurrence, that is there is no proof one way or the other if they are 'unnecessary' there is no useful past data on this... (unreported, misreported...etc)

Back