A Friend who wants to be popular

Well, Cheri -- would you prefer to be popular in this AD rather than someone else ? I've seen you and Angel bein' popular the whole time... so, what's the deal ? Why worry if, it's someone else who's bein' popular than you ? Who cares ? I ain't worry about someone else who wants to be popular.

FYI, bein' popular DON'T last ! It's a short-lived..........

I agreed, I do hate two-faced people with me. But, I dont have to be worry abt it since I already got true friends and Sequoias. Im very happy with that way :thumb:

Actually I don't care much about popularity. I don't need to feel good about myself to have tons of friends. I have no problem make new friends, but I have a few close friends. I remember when I was in high school, no one from the deaf community I ve met like one of my friends. They always talk shit about her, but I usually keep my ground netural.
The funny part was that I always hang out with her all the time and she went to many of the parties with me. Many didn't invite her, but asked me to attend. I always bring her, I guess I didn't care much what they think of her since she's my true friend. She does not have a high self esteem and I can see why some people are tired of hearing about her making comments like I'm pretty and a guy flirted with me.

CyberRed said:
Well, Cheri -- would you prefer to be popular in this AD rather than someone else ? I've seen you and Angel bein' popular the whole time... so, what's the deal ? Why worry if, it's someone else who's bein' popular than you ? Who cares ? I ain't worry about someone else who wants to be popular.

I'm not popular nor I want to be, so leave my name out of it and quit being jealousy! :roll:

I don't care who is popular here or not, I only came here to post and make friends that it, so please don't start any problems

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
I'm not popular nor I want to be, so leave my name out of it and quit being jealousy! :roll:

I don't care who is popular here or not, I only came here to post and make friends that it, so please don't start any problems

Oh jealousy ? To be honest, I am NOT jealous. Okay ? It's just that bein' a popular doesn't mean anythin'. It's true that I've seen you and Cheri bein' popular in this AD - don't deny it yourself, Angel.... and, that doesn't mean that I am jealous for heaven's sake. I am 45 years old and I don't need anyone's attention. :roll:

I'm not exactly sure what true friends are anymore. I've got very very few good friends and I rather keep it in that circle. Yes I've got this one person that has been following my ass.. how I dress, how I fixed my hair, the boyfriends I had she went after, the pictures I've taken of myself and the angle of it, she does the same. So yeah, she's actually following me and ruining my reputation. I can't be friends with someone like that. I can be her friend if she knows how to be my friend, not used me to get my friends to like her. But I just don't deal with that kind of bullcrap and just let everyone find out who she really is. If they like her, that's fine.. if they don't, then they know why. I just moved on and I'm HAPPY with that. I adore my circle of friends and love to keep it that way!

I don't consider myself as a popular lady but I think I just enjoy pleasing people and giving my sense of humor. Some may think I'm funny, some may think I'm not. Some could care less about me.. some do care. It just depends on the individual's style of friendship. What kind of friendship they like and their style too.

Yeah. I know its hard to trust these people nowdays but follow your heart and trust your gut feeling! I only have ONE best friend unforetunaly she passed away recently. So basically I dont have any best friend right now expect few good friends but not like her.

RebelGirl said:
I'm not exactly sure what true friends are anymore. I've got very very few good friends and I rather keep it in that circle. Yes I've got this one person that has been following my ass.. how I dress, how I fixed my hair, the boyfriends I had she went after, the pictures I've taken of myself and the angle of it, she does the same. So yeah, she's actually following me and ruining my reputation. I can't be friends with someone like that. I can be her friend if she knows how to be my friend, not used me to get my friends to like her. But I just don't deal with that kind of bullcrap and just let everyone find out who she really is. If they like her, that's fine.. if they don't, then they know why. I just moved on and I'm HAPPY with that. I adore my circle of friends and love to keep it that way!
oh yea i know who u talk abt it... but not worry abt her.. hehe u got me! :cheers:

CyberRed said:
Oh jealousy ? To be honest, I am NOT jealous. Okay ? It's just that bein' a popular doesn't mean anythin'. It's true that I've seen you and Cheri bein' popular in this AD - don't deny it yourself, Angel.... and, that doesn't mean that I am jealous for heaven's sake. I am 45 years old and I don't need anyone's attention. :roll:

I don't think its all about being popular.. its all about who's been here the longest and how well the other members know them. That's where the comfort zone kicks in where they feel most comfortable with different individuals. I'm sure you have your own people that you're most comfortable with as well as ^Angel^ and Cheri is with other members. Its not about the popularities, its just about making friends and knowing how to stick with it.

TweetyBird said:
oh yea i know who u talk abt it... but not worry abt her.. hehe u got me! :cheers:

hm you figured that out that quick?? ;) yeah i gotcha.. you're one of the few friends I can trust!

LisaMarie said:
Yeah. I know its hard to trust these people nowdays but follow your heart and trust your gut feeling! I only have ONE best friend unforetunaly she passed away recently. So basically I dont have any best friend right now expect few good friends but not like her.
I had a bestfriend when I was younger.. but she moved away and I couldn't find her and still can't find her. I still remember her birthdays, what she looks like and I still have her pictures. I think she's going to always be my bestfriend. But, I've alot tons tons tons of friends but they're just friends. I've got a couple of close friends. That doesn't make me popular. I'm just likeable to most people.

Umm are you talking about this site which u are saying about "a friend that wants to be popular" or out of AD? I am bit confused which u are talking about? If u are about talking out of AD, then I would say that I agree cuz I have been there when I lived up in Tennessee, alot of ppls who used to be my friends turned out to be two in face. I found out about it, then I turned them down and they realized what they have done. They begged me to be friends again but I turned them down. Cuz I cant trust again. Its too difficult to trust anyone. Best way to trust your family and your heart.

RebelGirl said:
I had a bestfriend when I was younger.. but she moved away and I couldn't find her and still can't find her. I still remember her birthdays, what she looks like and I still have her pictures. I think she's going to always be my bestfriend. But, I've alot tons tons tons of friends but they're just friends. I've got a couple of close friends. That doesn't make me popular. I'm just likeable to most people.
Yeah because obviously what u said.. it sound like u are easy to get along with.. I'm the same way! Sometimes its nice to have a really close one who u can really vent out without worry about this person spread the word or twist whatever ive vent out. u know.. do u stil remember her name and do uremember where shemoved away?

LisaMarie said:
Yeah because obviously what u said.. it sound like u are easy to get along with.. I'm the same way! Sometimes its nice to have a really close one who u can really vent out without worry about this person spread the word or twist whatever ive vent out. u know.. do u stil remember her name and do uremember where shemoved away?

Gotcha, can't trust people these days. All we can do is limit to our feelings and not let everyone know what's going on in your life. If you really need to vent out.. go to your closest friend that you can "trust"

Yes I know her name and I'm not sure where she moved to. but Let's stick with the topic here and We can PM each other.

sooooooo Back to the topic ;)

RebelGirl said:
Gotcha, can't trust people these days. All we can do is limit to our feelings and not let everyone know what's going on in your life. If you really need to vent out.. go to your closest friend that you can "trust"

Yes I know her name and I'm not sure where she moved to. but Let's stick with the topic here and We can PM each other.

sooooooo Back to the topic ;)
Yeah! Your right.. Cheri! Sorry for off the topic! We will go back o the topic! :lol:

RebelGirl said:
I don't think its all about being popular.. its all about who's been here the longest and how well the other members know them. That's where the comfort zone kicks in where they feel most comfortable with different individuals. I'm sure you have your own people that you're most comfortable with as well as ^Angel^ and Cheri is with other members. Its not about the popularities, its just about making friends and knowing how to stick with it.

Exactly, Thanks darling! :ily:

yeah when i was younger some girls only wanted to be friends with me because my brother was the hot boy on block. But now i got 3 really close friends out all my friends who couldn't be anymore true.

but as for popularity, i could careless its just a vain stupid cliche all kids want to be to fit in... I never wanted part of it.. from couple months ago i posted about that guy who started talking to me who use to be popular when me and him were in high school. i thought maybe he'd of changed ,But no he didn't they never do and if they do its rare. thanks to him he reminded me why i hate guys like him.

"the hearts you step on couldn't careless, and my misery is happier when i see you crumble"- part a song i wrote that relates to this post

CyberRed said:

It doesn't mean that we know we are popular but we feel that anyone TRY to being popular to care about themselves than worry their friendship with anyone. How you feel? That's what Cheri asked you about our feeling toward our friends, not about consider ourselves as popular but our feeling.

Example: You become good friend/best friend with a person and thought she/he is your true friend until you found out that a person, you thought is your true friend tried to be popular himself/herself to neglect his/her value friendship with you.

Originally Posted by RebelGirl

Very, very true!!!!!!!!!!! I consider my friendship with certain people is value to me than worry to be popular myself for anyone and want anyone like me.

Back