A Friend who wants to be popular

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had a friend that just pretend to be your friend to be popular ? It's more like a friendship that ended never really began. I've seen enough two-face people who claim to be your very good friend when it's not enough they want more, popluartion is the answer. Friends aren’t toys that you can play and throw away when it's no good. Would you rather to gain popluartion to be liked, or loved or be a friend to someone who is real in front of you?

Ugh! Yeah. I got that many time. Sometime i get some ppl who want to be my friend just to say oh im friend with lisa marie or saying ohh i know her! shes my best friend.. i was like huh!! I want them to be true to themself too not just because they want to have some attention.. Its hard to find a true friend these day!

In my own case, i try not to have too many friends. That could be a little problem for me lol. I am usually very quiet person and I have a few good friends.And I know who my friends are :)

Anyone who pretends to be your friend are not a good friend. A friend who is being real to you, Then you will know who your friends are.

Cheri said:
Have you ever had a friend that just pretend to be your friend to be popular ? It's more like a friendship that ended never really began. I've seen enough two-face people who claim to be your very good friend when it's not enough they want more, popluartion is the answer. Friends aren’t toys that you can play and throw away when it's no good. Would you rather to gain popluartion to be liked, or loved or be a friend to someone who is real in front of you?

I know that I used to have friends like that before. It's a race to see how many people they can get to be friends with. After you stop doing things, or calling them you realize that you get "no calls to see how you have been or what you are up to." I can't be bothered, I mean if people wanna be fake that is their business but long lasting and healthy friendships are my business. I would like to have a real friend infront of me, and be able to know that she is gonna be be there no matter what gives. Just as I would for her. :angel:

Same here - it does hurt when you find out. You're like, why did you do that? Why can't you be a real friend, instead of a fair-weather friend?

Cheri - I know.

Oftentimes, it's best to drop that friend and go about your business. Many times, he/she will realize the error, and will remedy the situation, such as apologizing and sometimes a real friendship will develop...but sometimes, that person will be so...HURT...that he/she will not even see it from your point of view, but only see his/her point of view, inflate the situation, insult you in person, emails or messenger, and then stab your back to his/her friends on what a lousy friend you were.

I know. I been there, and the last time it happened, you already know about.

Huggies to you, my dear Cheri Tree!

yea true, i agree with u..

it happened to me.. it hurt me big time.. i cant believe some of them not my true friends so i have to be careful who i meet or talk to people... cuz of this is very WRONG!

Yeah been there, that why I prefer not to have many friends but only a few, if they want to become my friend, they have to earn my trust first, I don't like two-face friends and I can even read between the lines.. :whistle:

Yeah it had happen to me .... .. so i am glad i does have a best friends in real life instead ... i will not having a good friend from internet sorry no offense just chat or whatever that is all ... smile ...

Yeah, I've been there..

My side friends were caused me.. break my heart betraying them which who they were using me behind whole my back for 7 yrs.. I felt alike WASTED my life.. Enuff.. enuff..
They were knew 'bout us easily ongoing "warming heart" giving them goods items. (Break my heart) Advantage us!

Decide goes back w/my hubby's old buddies.. They were happy and seeing me again!

I'd like slow down and build up better friends again related to my hubby's buddies only.

Espically Interent-friends on line... I have few trust interent-friends who I've close them.. Whoever are easily ongoing understanding each together and become growth know better become bond-friendship forever! Important key communcation!
I like to say.. Thank you whole thing bottom of my heart ! ILY!!!!! :ily:

I'd rather be hated than be loved for something that I am not. Real friends are the real deal.

That happens to me a few times, I ain't worried because I can always make new friends. Their loss and time to move on!

Yea I know what you mean. I just happened to me this past weekend when I found out someone have tried to ruin my reputation. This person was trying to be nice to me last month and I had to stay cool knowing that he was not a real friend to me. Next thing I knew he backstabbing me whole lot of thing and cuzing me to cried. Yea I am hurt now. But I will find my way to get the truth out.

sequoias said:
That happens to me a few times, I ain't worried because I can always make new friends. Their loss and time to move on!

Very true.

Hard to find true friends! I dont have many friends. I have very fews. I dont need two face friends. I dont want waste my time with two face friends. My husband is my best friend that I need!

DreamDeaf said:
Same here - it does hurt when you find out. You're like, why did you do that? Why can't you be a real friend, instead of a fair-weather friend?

Cheri - I know.

Oftentimes, it's best to drop that friend and go about your business. Many times, he/she will realize the error, and will remedy the situation, such as apologizing and sometimes a real friendship will develop...but sometimes, that person will be so...HURT...that he/she will not even see it from your point of view, but only see his/her point of view, inflate the situation, insult you in person, emails or messenger, and then stab your back to his/her friends on what a lousy friend you were.

I know. I been there, and the last time it happened, you already know about.

Huggies to you, my dear Cheri Tree!

*nodding sadly* It hurts but I has to accept the fact what a person really is and move on with my own life and have lovely friends who cares about me.

I find sad that people tried to be popular themselves is most important than value their friendship with anyone.

I prefer to not have many friends but pick few good friends whom I trust to. If they really want to value their friendship with me then prove me.

I don´t like 2 faced and backstabbers.

I dont like 2 faces. it will make me so confused and upset which it got me before so had to be strong and ingore with who are 2 faces.

yes i have that happened to me before.. backstabbers and two faced which i hate .. why cant they be true ? jeez..hard to trust people nowadays. i have few close friends and i know they are true to me just like i am true to them too.. :)

sequoias said:
true true i agree with u!

Me, too. Even my best friends screwed me...I didn't get even with them...let them go out of my circle of trust people. I gotta few good friends lefts. I got my special friendship ones - my kids.

I learned when we were young aka high school/college students used be with many friends or being popular student. Once you left the schools..everything changed everything especially we became families with our child(ren). I do being happy to having my wonderful life with few true friends and my families around.

Good thread! :)

sequoias said:
:thumb: That was execellent saying! :thumb:

Back