A 4-Wheels Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

eh? whatca talking about, willis? there are plenty of V4-gas vehicle

Mazda Tribute = V4 and V6
Toyota RAV = V4 and V6
Honda CRV = V4
and many more....

Highlander - V4 = 4 cylinder - not V4 like these V6's and V8's. There is plenty of V4's around in U.S

Do you know what V mean?

It's call I4 (inline-four) or L4 (longitudinal-four).

Do you know what V mean?

It's call I4 (inline-four) or L4 (longitudinal-four).
Yes, I do - the 4 cylinder engine in a V shape, however it was not me who invented the word, it was Jiro who started the conversation

Eh, never heard of a V4 engine before....sorry, I'm falling on the floor laughing my ass off.

smileyROFL.gif

I think back when the discussion on engines started, the talk was just using V4 for the sake of brevity.

I was asking why I should get a V8 over V6 engine.

I know that V4's are rare in vehicles - stated it in one of my posts as a 4cyl.
But I thought they're common in motorcycles?
Jiro does own a bike, pretty sure he is aware of the specs.. :dunno:

I think back when the discussion on engines started, the talk was just using V4 for the sake of brevity.

I was asking why I should get a V8 over V6 engine.

I know that V4's are rare in vehicles - stated it in one of my posts as a 4cyl.
But I thought they're common in motorcycles?
Jiro does own a bike, pretty sure he is aware of the specs.. :dunno:

Yes, I know about motorcycle do have V4 but this thread about a 4-Wheels .

True that.
Anyway, what's your opinion Highlander?

I am looking at a V6 4runner (2003 and up model) but also see the V8 ones. I looked at fueleconomy.gov and seems the V8 eats up more gas easy.

Would you pick V8?

True that.
Anyway, what's your opinion Highlander?

I am looking at a V6 4runner (2003 and up model) but also see the V8 ones. I looked at fueleconomy.gov and seems the V8 eats up more gas easy.

Would you pick V8?

Depend what you need for drive.

The most V8 engines are very high torque for better towing. Well... the diesel V8 is better than gasoline V8.

I don't really know a much about Toyota models. Sorry.

The most V8 engines are very high torque for better towing. Well... the diesel V8 is better than gasoline V8.

That is why you don't drive toyotas :laugh2:

I would agree with you about diesel V8 over gasoline V8. It's better to get used diesel truck.

I drove my friend's 2000ish Toyota Tundra for moving stuffs (1 hr one-way). Boy.... it surely eats gas like water. Had to refill 2x in one day. lot of gallons. lot of gas. lot of $$$$.

I drove my friend's 2000ish Toyota Tundra for moving stuffs (1 hr one-way). Boy.... it surely eats gas like water. Had to refill 2x in one day. lot of gallons. lot of gas. lot of $$$$.
One thirsty car

That is why you don't drive toyotas :laugh2:

Toyotas are super reliable.

Dad bought a 1985 celica back in '84. Still runs to date and has never needed anything other than maintenance and tune-ups.

Same thing that goes on with the old 90's celica.
They just never seem to die.

Dad bought a 1985 celica back in '84. Still runs to date and has never needed anything other than maintenance and tune-ups.

Yeah, I know - thats why people who rely on toyotas since they are the reliable cars known to humans

Yeah, I know - thats why people who rely on toyotas since they are the reliable cars known to humans

only the old model. the newer model of Toyota? I avoid it like a plague.

I would agree with you about diesel V8 over gasoline V8. It's better to get used diesel truck.

Nothing to wrong with used diesel truck. The diesel engine is pretty long last than gasoline engine. Yes, I prefer to buy used diesel truck with 300k mile engine over brand new.

I hate to tell you. Back to 2000, my old Toyota's alternator failed when it was only 40,000 miles and I was stuck on street for almost one hour till police came to help. That's why I don't get another Toyota for anymore.

My Subaru still have original alternator and it's over 130k miles already.

Back