A 4-Wheels Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Yes, only there is Diesel 4WDs (V8) and 4 cylinder Diesel engines.

right. do you have any idea how huge diesel V8 truck is? I believe the only diesel V4 vehicle we have here is VW Golf.

since naisho wants a truck and will be going to east coast... based on his needs.... diesel truck does not meet his needs but used diesel truck will do. It's economical and practical compared to buying brand new gas truck.

Diesel Truck = usually for muscle. Not easy to start it up if it's very cold out. We get extreme winter for more than 4 months, you don't. Gasoline is cheaper than Diesel. Maintaining diesel vehicle sux because it's more expensive than gas vehicle.

A nice advantage is that diesel engine is tough and can drink biodiesel (the one made from vegetable oil)

right. do you have any idea how huge diesel V8 truck is? I believe the only diesel V4 vehicle we have here is VW Golf.
Yes, I do know how big the diesel truck is however based on the size we have here is slightly smaller. We do have VW Golf in Diesel but it is not only car we have in broad range. like I mentioned my father's 2008 Ford Mondeo is one of the 4 cylinder diesel engines available.... and the same model as my car, Ford Fiesta recently released a Diesel version too. Mostly they are based on small cars in Australia

Yes, I do know how big the diesel truck is however based on the size we have here is slightly smaller. We do have VW Golf in Diesel but it is not only car we have in broad range. like I mentioned my father's 2008 Ford Mondeo is one of the 4 cylinder diesel engines available.... and the same model as my car, Ford Fiesta recently released a Diesel version too. Mostly they are based on small cars in Australia

right. but we ain't got much diesel cars here. and most of diesel trucks here are big and usually for muscle-related like construction. therefore -

not really

right. but we ain't got much diesel cars here. and most of diesel trucks here are big and usually for muscle-related like construction. therefore -
So now I can see why small diesel cars aren't necessary in the U.S - country's too big, would cost lot of money I may add, and there is plenty of people who likes bigger cars over small. We, in Australia are different, Diesel is popular however not much of any V8s around because it drains too fast.

Yeah, diesel is not too practical here yet unless you have some nice pocket $$ or feel like changing the world by going green.

Only diesel vehicles I really see from where I am are those old farts who keep the old diesel class Mercedes. Rest are all the truckers.

if I were to go diesel, I'd get used truck. I think they're mostly 90's. good machine. If you live in south - you're good to go cuz there is handful of farmers and people making biodiesel from vegetable oil, peanut oil, canola, soy, etc. But it's best to use biodiesel only in warm/hot weather otherwise biodiesel will clog it up in cold weather as it will not be burned properly.

but there's handful of kits out there to overcome certain problems. it's cool to own used diesel truck and do some tweaking with kits. i've heard that with this kit - you can just go to any restaurant and ask if they have used oil. You can run on it

if I were to go diesel, I'd get used truck. I think they're mostly 90's. good machine. If you live in south - you're good cuz there is handful of farmers and people making biodiesel from vegetable oil, peanut oil, canola, soy, etc. But it's best to use biodiesel only in warm/hot weather otherwise biodiesel will clog it up in cold weather as it will not be burned properly.

but there's handful of kits out there to overcome certain problems. it's cool to own used diesel truck and do some tweaking with kits.
Just wondering - what kind of used diesel truck that runs on biodiesel fuel?

V4 engine gasoline and V4 engine diesel are not exist anymore.

eh? whatca talking about, willis? there are plenty of V4-gas vehicle

Mazda Tribute = V4 and V6
Toyota RAV = V4 and V6
Honda CRV = V4
and many more....

Highlander - V4 = 4 cylinder - not V4 like these V6's and V8's. There is plenty of V4's around in U.S

Back