7 year old girl abducted from my sisters apartment complex!( Updated 12.5.11)

The first article made it clear Brunn was on suicide watch in the Cherokee County jail (according to his lawyer).

Can you point me to the specific line that says so? I may not be reading the right article since several were posted.

And yes, REALLY, wiki for suicide watches particularly for this case (duh).

:lol: Okay.

In my linked story, it says:

"Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison said Friday that Brunn had been kept under suicide watch for some of the time that he was housed in the county jail."

However, that was before Brunn was transferred to the prison.

Cherokee Sheriff: 7-year-old's killer was on suicide watch in jail  | ajc.com

Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison told Channel 2 Action News on Thursday night that he had asked the DOC for special treatment of Brunn, who was considered a “high risk inmate.”

But Garrison also told the station, a reporting partner of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, that Brunn had never attempted suicide while being held in the Cherokee Jail.

posted again for convenience

Steinhauer - you just don't get it, don't you?

I was right that he hung himself with something else other than shoelaces. I was right that it is STILL UNCLEAR whether or not if he killed himself under suicide watch.

According to Reba's link -
Ryan Brunn, 20, was being held in a single cell in segregation at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, but state corrections officials declined to say whether he was under suicide watch while the GBI is investigating the case.

so what are you trying to do in this thread? are you still trying to prove that he hung himself with shoelaces under suicide watch? Please kindly STFU and show some maturity and sensitivity in this thread.

Steinhauer - you just don't get it, don't you?

I was right that he hung himself with something else other than shoelaces. I was right that it is STILL UNCLEAR whether or not if he killed himself under suicide watch.

According to Reba's link -

so what are you trying to do in this thread? are you still trying to prove that he hung himself with shoelaces under suicide watch? Please kindly STFU and show some maturity and sensitivity in this thread.

Jiro - just go away. Take your circle talking trash rhetoric elsewhere - it does not work on people who are far more intelligent than you.

I never said he hung himself with shoelaces, I asked if they were taken away (duh).

This is the third and last time I will point that out to you:

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...complex-updated-12-5-11-a-10.html#post2016619

Steinhauer: Does this mean, when you say that ALL ITEMS ARE REMOVED FOR SUICIDE WATCH that anything that could be used as a possible means to commit suicide. Well - in that case, he would have to be totally stripped naked and left in a cell that had nothing. Not even a toilet, or "piss-pot" (Excuse me folks), no sink, no bed, no clothing and no food or water. That right there is a violation of a person's civil and human rights. (in my opinion)

I have seen horrible suicide attempts by some of the simplest things left in a cell. A true "suicide watch" would be a cell that has 24/7 video monitoring with a person watching at all times. That, my friend, would drive a sane person totally bonkers.

Steinhauer: Does this mean, when you say that ALL ITEMS ARE REMOVED FOR SUICIDE WATCH that anything that could be used as a possible means to commit suicide. Well - in that case, he would have to be totally stripped naked and left in a cell that had nothing. Not even a toilet, or "piss-pot" (Excuse me folks), no sink, no bed, no clothing and no food or water. That right there is a violation of a person's civil and human rights. (in my opinion)

I have seen horrible suicide attempts by some of the simplest things left in a cell. A true "suicide watch" would be a cell that has 24/7 video monitoring with a person watching at all times. That, my friend, would drive a sane person totally bonkers.

Yes, on suicide watch they are stripped naked and under video surveillance. A nurse is also usually stationed nearby to keep watch.

There was a prisoner in Texas who hung himself with toilet paper in his cell - that single incident caused a lot of procedures to change.

Jiro - just go away. Take your circle talking trash rhetoric elsewhere - it does not work on people who are far more intelligent than you.

I never said he hung himself with shoelaces, I asked if they were taken away (duh).

This is the third and last time I will point that out to you:

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...complex-updated-12-5-11-a-10.html#post2016619

Yes, on suicide watch they are stripped naked and under video surveillance. A nurse is also usually stationed nearby to keep watch.

so are you saying he killed himself under suicide watch?

If he was under suicide watch, they sure didn't do their job.

There was a prisoner in Texas who hung himself with toilet paper in his cell - that single incident caused a lot of procedures to change.

That is a violation of a lot of state laws. If not, it must be. I have had a number of people I know on suicide watch both in jail and in prison and none were stripped naked and left in a empty cell. Reasons being that as a human being, they are entitled to clothing and basic accommodations.

But, I guess, this is one battle that I will not even make points with as you have your own ideals and none of us who have been anywhere near this type of situation can be right.

That is a violation of a lot of state laws. If not, it must be. I have had a number of people I know on suicide watch both in jail and in prison and none were stripped naked and left in a empty cell. Reasons being that as a human being, they are entitled to clothing and basic accommodations.

But, I guess, this is one battle that I will not even make points with as you have your own ideals and none of us who have been anywhere near this type of situation can be right.

When on suicide watch, an incarcerated prisoner does not have any rights.

Being stripped naked and bound in an empty cell is standard "suicide watch" for a lot of prisons.

He used his sweatshirt

I suppose that should address what you are trying to dispute. If he was on suicide watch and stripped naked (as you claim) it would appear as if he were indeed not on suicide watch if he were given a sweatshirt to wear.

I suppose that should address what you are trying to dispute. If he was on suicide watch and stripped naked (as you claim) it would appear as if he were indeed not on suicide watch if he were given a sweatshirt to wear.

And - what I read in every post Steiny mentioned the article said, it only mention that suicide watch was suggested, but not that it was indeed done. So, that further proves that he most likely was not on suicide watch. It was only suggested.

Back