30 Republican candidates running for office this Nov sez Obama out of touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course...

The Opposition and their supporters will say that.

A lot of the Liberals here are saying Stephen Harper is "out of touch" as well. Last time i checked, his approval rating isn't high either... yet every election recall were EPIC fail.

Ironically, they were inspired by Obama to run and see his folly on ruining this nation of ours.

out of touch.... hmmmmm

FEC report details lavish Republican spending
The Republican National Committee spent tens of thousands of dollars last month on luxury jets, posh hotels and other high-flying expenses, according to new Federal Election Commission filings, including nearly $2,000 for "meals" at Voyeur West Hollywood, a lesbian-themed nightclub that features topless dancers in bondage outfits.

The RNC spent more than $17,000 on private jet travel in Febuary as well as nearly $13,000 for limousines, according to the documents. The GOP's main political committee also ran up tabs at numerous posh hotels, including the Beverly Hills Hotel ($9,000); the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons ($6,600) and the W Hotel in Washington ($15,000), and spent more than $43,000 on its controversial midwinter meeting in Hawaii, not including airfare.

hhhmmmmm I see....

Well, those black Republican candidates will certainly have an edge come this November 2010.

Well, those black Republican candidates will certainly have an edge come this November 2010.

black? why the emphasis on color of skin? in case you forget - Obama won the election not because of his skin color but because of American public's deep distrust and anger in Republican party.

black? why the emphasis on color of skin? in case you forget - Obama won the election not because of his skin color but because of American public's deep distrust and anger in Republican party.

I think many picked him on the basis of his skin color and simply wanted to see the first "black president" rather than on experience alone.

so are you saying a black Republican would have a better shot at 2010 election than a white Republican?

No quibbling please. Don't read too much into all this, too. Bottom line, Conservative candidates, by each passing day, are looking more favorably for the 2010 election. Even Jindal is looking good for his re-election campaign, too.

I think many picked him on the basis of his skin color and simply wanted to see the first "black president" rather than on experience alone.

but according to many exit polls - majority of white people voted for Obama and majority of wealthy voted for Obama over McCain as well.

and majority of voters (regardless of races) said they did not vote Obama because of skin color.

No quibbling please. Don't read too much into all this, too. Bottom line, Conservative candidates, by each passing day, are looking more favorably for the 2010 election.
Avoiding the subject, I see :cool2:

Even Jindal is looking good for his re-election campaign, too.
why? cuz he's non-White? so there's no white Republican candidate with good chance of winning 2010?

Not avoiding, you like to quibble. Like I said, don't read too much between the lines. Had I used the word "black" in my original title in identifying the candidates as being inspired by Obama I'm sure I'd gotten some flack.

:)

Not avoiding, you like to quibble. Like I said, don't read too much between the lines. Had I used the word "black" in my original title in identifying the candidates as being inspired by Obama I'm sure I'd gotten some flack.

:)

me? quibble? :lol:

Risk for GOP comes from extreme fringe
But extremism is there, and it has flared in the past few weeks. This kind of rhetoric will not produce long-term gains for the Republican Party. Realizing the threat, Republican leaders have begun to disassociate themselves from these elements of the movement.

There have been a few voices of condemnation, such as House Minority Leader John Boehner who said "violence and threats are unacceptable." Local Tea Party organizers have also stepped forward with words of condemnation.

Leaders from the Florida Tea Party said in a letter to President Obama that they stood in "stark opposition to any person using derogatory characterizations, threats of violence, or disparaging terms toward members of Congress or the president."

These statements are encouraging and strike the right note. Yet Republicans need to follow through by continuing to exert pressure on local organizational leaders to stamp out this kind of activity.

They must also avoid contradictory messages, such as the statement of House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, who accused Democrats of "fanning the flames" by using the incidents as a "political weapon." Cantor had a bullet fired at his campaign office after receiving anti-Semitic threats, but local police described the bullet as random gunfire not directed at his office.
The leadership statements must be unambiguous and firm, leaving no question in voters' minds that this is not what conservatism is about.

When Ronald Reagan ran for the presidency in 1980, he worked hard to weaken the connections that existed between Republicans and the fringes. He learned the lessons of 1964 and sought to remake a Republican Party that could appeal to mainstream America. Reagan realized that if he did not, the perception of extremism would pose a long-term threat to the party's future.

Now Republicans are facing the Goldwater threat once again. At the same time that conservatives have every right to oppose and challenge President Obama's agenda, they must make clear that there are limits and that the kinds of actions that we have seen in recent days are not something that either party will be willing to tolerate in the year ahead.

quibbling.... lol

Liberals calling them, "Uncle Toms" in 5....4.....3....2....

It would appear a smart strategy for any Republican seeking office to chastise Obama and the Democrats. What a simple concept to increase a candidate's support at their party's convention and primary election! After all, that appears to be 90% of what politicians do these days; spew negative rhetoric about the other party. What makes it funny when people consider every instance as worthy of a fresh thread.

Same shit, different thread. All the same to me. Obama sucks! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back