Am I right to be angry?

• Yes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
The only reason I disapprove is because he's after her for sex, not a meaningful relationship. Age is only a number.
Indeed. However, there does seem to be a subset of XX chromosome bearing humans, who prey on teen girls. Like they seem to think they have to "prove" that they can get younger females, or that younger females are easier to cajole into doing stuff. I'm sorry, but there's just something incredibly creepy about twentysomething guys hitting on teen girls. Teen girls also generally don't have the maturity to deal with sex. They're still learning about relationships and things like that. Why a lot of them think that boys won't like them if they don't have sex with them. There are some teen girls who are relationship smart, but generally they are INCREDIBLY easy to take advantage of!
Oh and I wish men would stop obessing about having sex with teens.........god recreational sex is just so meaningless.

Hmmm, nobody seems that the age of consent (for sex) in other countries is 14. When we say, "Age is just a number", I was asking in 2 earlier posts if you think most people are mature enough to give consent? The example country I gave was for Germany.

Hmmm, nobody seems that the age of consent (for sex) in other countries is 14. When we say, "Age is just a number", I was asking in 2 earlier posts if you think most people are mature enough to give consent? The example country I gave was for Germany.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states

Germany 14/16

In Germany, sexual intercourse is legal from the age of 14 provided the older partner is aged under 18 and provided they are not "exploiting a coercive situation" or offering compensation. In addition, sex between one partner aged 14-15 and another aged under 21 is legal unless the older partner "exploits the victim's lack of capacity for sexual self-determination".

Can you explain me why there're high teens preggies in the world in America ?

Its about teach responsible instead of forbid children something and worry about age conset... that's how it expose the children into "illegal crime"... which is not right.

The children are being taught to know what right or wrong.

http://www.alldeaf.com/parenting/25...ren-read-sexual-responsibility-magazines.html

The only reason I disapprove is because he's after her for sex, not a meaningful relationship. Age is only a number.

Exactly...

The children need to know that the sex is not fun for anyone but meaningful relationship.

But that is the thing. soon as gals have sex the 1st time(due to the pain and everything) it feels great and everything. Kids just don't think about the after thought of sex. They just think, lets get laid, we don't have to worry about anything happening.

I know my wife has watched those lifetime movies where a gal that never had sex and her 1st time, has a kid. She either a virgin or decided to do it. She either got raped or she was willing.

Just the education system fails to talk about the details about sex ed and parents are to nervce or scared to talk to their childern. When they do, it probly to late or they already have done it.

Legal ages doesnt show as much as the issue of maturity of the teens character. Some 16 year old are more mature than a 30 year old, though most 30 year have more worldy responsibilities than a 16 year old would.
A 16 year old girl may indeed be thinking like a 30 year old, but this doesnt happen very often, I think it depends on alot on their experiences, for example like fame, wealth, the expectations along with it they get forced to take responsbility or growing up faster when little as substituting the ill-parents role to riase and feed kids in a household...things like that.

However, generally i reckon legal age for alot of things, like driving a car, going to bars, buying alcohol, voting and even sex should be raised higher as more kids are in school longer, not experiencing 'adults' responsibities till much later on.....it should be fitting, that way we may have less problems.

as father, I would be okay to have daughter in relationship with guy who is no more than 19 years old.

girl.......guy
13 yrs - max 15
14 yrs - max 16
15 yrs - max 17
16 yrs - max 19
17 yrs - max 19
18 yrs - unlimited *release daughter* (it's up to her, yike!)

It's because our sex ed sucks. I remember having it last year in health, and it was more or less a collasal waste of time. (Think Mean Girls when the gym teacher is talking about STD's- "If you have sex, you will get chlamydia, and you will die." That's basically your typical sex ed class.)

Wow, many things I learn about age and relationship. Hmm.

I think a few years apart of the age is not hurt at all because I don't think it would make a sense if a parent treat their child like a young kid. That's why my mom's somewhat still treat me like a child, bit little. Well, I'm really thinking a parent should teach a child in early teen age because I feel so bad about my mom's past with my grandparent because they did not open-mind with my mom and her sibling nor teach them about sex edcation, relationship, and etc. I'm still very happy my mom taught me a bit early like 10 years old or so, supported me what I need, and go on with a such positive thing. Now, I know my -some- limits.

I'm pretty sure that 16 and 22 of the ages should be fine unless if it's about rape or fuck-n-leave issue, that would be different story somehow..

It's wrong, wrong, wrong for a 22 year old to engage in sex with a 16 year old. The 22 year old should know better. Age difference is not the issue here, it's the fact that his sunofabxxxx 22 year old is taking advantage of this little girl. If she wants to engage in sex she should do it with boys her age and responsibly. If I were her parents I would contact the bastard and tell him if he sees their daughter again they will press charges against him and he will be prosecuted as a sex offender. He should find someone closer to his own age, at least older than 19.

Mann_K05, your post is in a icky color that is difficult to read so I had to pass on it.....

I know for a fact that even in Germany, a 22 year old would be crucified for getting a 16 year old pregnant-Just because the age of consent says it's OK doesn't mean it's actually done nor does it mean the parents in Germany will accept it, I know this for a fact and this is the case for most civilized countires.
One explanation for the higher numbers in the US is population size.:rl::rl::rl:

Any parent who promotes sexual relations for their 17 year old and under, in my opinion (I know I'm going to piss some people off here) should lose their child because they are unfit parents.

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states

Germany 14/16

Its about teach responsible instead of forbid children something and worry about age conset... that's how it expose the children into "illegal crime"... which is not right.

The children are being taught to know what right or wrong.

http://www.alldeaf.com/parenting/25...ren-read-sexual-responsibility-magazines.html

Mann_K05, your post is in a icky color that is difficult to read so I had to pass on it.....

I use dark color background, not blue color background. That's why I use bright font for dark background. Tyvm. ^_^

I use dark color background, not blue color background. That's why I use bright font for dark background. Tyvm. ^_^

Ok but that does not change the fact that I have some difficulty reading it; I do a lot of reading and, sorry, I will pass on that which is not comfortable. What is the harm of you changing to black just for here?

Ok but that does not change the fact that I have some difficulty reading it; I do a lot of reading and, sorry, I will pass on that which is not comfortable. What is the harm of you changing to black just for here?

Heh, that's all right. Understandable. Oh, no, I just love dark color background. I just like that way. :D

I know for a fact that even in Germany, a 22 year old would be crucified for getting a 16 year old pregnant-Just because the age of consent says it's OK doesn't mean it's actually done nor does it mean the parents in Germany will accept it, I know this for a fact and this is the case for most civilized countires.
One explanation for the higher numbers in the US is population size.:rl::rl::rl:

Any parent who promotes sexual relations for their 17 year old and under, in my opinion (I know I'm going to piss some people off here) should lose their child because they are unfit parents.

I understand your point but I would like to share something what I know here in Germany.

Well, I know many parents don't press the charge against legal age of their minor age children (if 13 years old got pregnant by 16 years old) like in America (16 years old got pregnant by 18 years old) unless there're rape, stalker, tempt rape, etc. They help/support each other. I guess our country is different.

Well, I think the parents need to open their mind to teach their children about sex responsiblity...

Wow, many things I learn about age and relationship. Hmm.

I think a few years apart of the age is not hurt at all because I don't think it would make a sense if a parent treat their child like a young kid. That's why my mom's somewhat still treat me like a child, bit little. Well, I'm really thinking a parent should teach a child in early teen age because I feel so bad about my mom's past with my grandparent because they did not open-mind with my mom and her sibling nor teach them about sex edcation, relationship, and etc. I'm still very happy my mom taught me a bit early like 10 years old or so, supported me what I need, and go on with a such positive thing. Now, I know my -some- limits.

I'm pretty sure that 16 and 22 of the ages should be fine unless if it's about rape or fuck-n-leave issue, that would be different story somehow..

:gpost:

my parents dont mind im dating whether ages but im dating my boyfriend James who lives in England and he older than me he ages is 27 years old and he born in 1980 and im 26 years old and im born in 1981 that happened and when my mom dating my dad longtimes ago and they later my mom married my dad in 1977 when my mom at 19 years old and my dad at 25 years old but i dont wanted be rushed ages like my parents in past years ago.

Hey, he was ASKING; no need to tear off his head.

It's called putting it into perspective. There are a number of people here who don't bother to read the whole thread and get all the information, they just make snap judgements and assume.

If you get all hot and bothered by the idea of a 22 year old going out with a 16 year old, really, consider this:

1) Why get upset at a 16 year old? Why not an 18 year old dating a 22 year old? Why not 21? The "their bodies are still developing" line is BS. Everyone's body is different.

2) A number of people assume it's based on sex. Maybe -- I'd have a hard time convincing myself they're not doing it -- but not everyone is in a relationship to have sex. Even the guys. *gasp*

3) It's LEGAL. It's in Canada. If you're Canadian and upset, go change your laws. If you're from the U.S. or another country, TOUGH. Go emigrate and change the laws, if you wanna.

Don't get upset over something that either doesn't affect you, or that you can't change.

It just depends on the culture and time frame we are in. Like, early Egypt and shakespear days, it was ok for a 13 year old to get married.

Now, socaity has changed, and feelings too teens has changed and will continue to change.

Back