Am I right to be angry?

• Yes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Well, Dennis, here we are, on the 2nd page, over 60 posts later and the originator of this post hasn't been back yet. Nice way to welcome someone, man.

wow, your description sound exact same as European´s way like that. Are you really sure that you & your parents are an American?

Yes, it will create more problems if you keep teenager from grow into mature young adult.

Anyway, if my 16 years old daughter is pregnant by 22 years old guy. What I do is support her with child no matter what, and also support her as well if she is happy with guy. I would not treat guy like dirt like that or destory guy´s life. I only do something if my daughter was being rape or force to have sex by them..., that´s all.

My good friend´s sister´s 16 years old daughter was pregnant by 21 years old guy at 5 years ago. They have a baby boy - They married last 07.07.07.

When my sister was 17 and she got pregnant by 27 years old man and he dumped her. No thanks no man should have sex with minors in USA and they should be thrown in jail for having sex who are under 18.

Mann_K05, your post is in a icky color that is difficult to read so I had to pass on it.....

Just do as you would copy it- it will change to black letters with grey background. much better.

22 y old man with 16 yo- oh well that happens but it shouldn't - the girl is too young.

Fuzzy

Underage internet romance | The Courier-Mail

31 years old Australian Tamara Broome was arrested in America for dating a 17 years old online American boyfriend in US.

If this 17 years old American boy came to Australia, he won't be arrested on Australian soil !!!

I read in magazine this American boy will wait until he is 18, he is going to marry her, I was surprised to read the other link that she travelled half way around the world with intentions of abducting a Pitt County teenager!!
WITN - News

I don't care if my daughter is 16 and her bf is 22 or if she is 22 and her bf is 16. No matter her age, I will still be pissed if she is having sex outside of marriage. I want her to be done with high school and atleast half way through college before she lays in bed with a man.

I also know I can't controll who she dates and if she has sex. But I can scare the shit out of bf and hope that helps.

You want to scare the heck out of your daughter's boyfriend? Here an idea that I think it funny that most fathers I know would get their grandfather shot gun and say " Boy, I am gonna keep my eyes on you around my daughter!" I Know how to use this shot gun!" that will send the poor guy scare looking like white as sheet! lol ( little humor!) ha:rl:

What would you say if your 18 years old daughter dated with 25 years old guy? Or 18 years old son dated 25 years old girl?

What would you say if your 18 years old daughter dated with 25 years old guy? Or 18 years old son dated 25 years old girl?

I don't mind because 18 is an legal adult age, better than dating a minor. I wouldn't want to see my son go to jail for statutory rape.

Well, most fathers still act that way around 20 to 40 years old because they are very close to their daughters. I believe most fathers are very protective over daughters because they are girls. My father is still protective of me, but sometimes he knows he have to learn to let me make my one choice and mistakes. But I know my father loves me. It nice to know a father love his daughter. :) :ugh3:

18 year olds are legal adult and they are on their own while 17 and under are parents' responsbility. I remember one guy who was alike 30 something asked me to go somehwere with when I was 15 and my parents forbid me to go. I got so mad but I am glad they forbid me to go with this man. Whew I remember how my mind and emotions were back then, soooo immature and naive.

18 year olds are legal adult and they are on their own while 17 and under are parents' responsbility. I remember one guy who was alike 30 something asked me to go somehwere with when I was 15 and my parents forbid me to go. I got so mad but I am glad they forbid me to go with this man. Whew I remember how my mind and emotions were back then, soooo immature and naive.

I agree with you that 18 years old is the legal adult age for girls and boys. But I would want them to continue to enjoy their life before getting rush in to marriage, serious relationship or having kids. I would rather want to see my kids go to college with a good educations to get a good job then start a serious relationship or having kids. Rushing in to marriage and having kids so young it way too much responbilites that they are not yet ready to deal wtih that big responbilites. Young teenagers such as 12 to 18 need to enjoy behind kids for while before going too far. Life is not what it crack up to be for them. It a rough world out there for kids. As a mother I feeling kids do need protecting to help them and guide them in life where they need to focus on finishing school.

Good, thank you for answer my question.

That's why I disagree with US law to allow many parents to press the charge against 18 years old of their 16 & 17 years old teenagers and treat them dirt... No wonder why some parents are scared that their sons will be end to be label as sex offenders because they love 17 years old girls...

But the parents of 18 years old girls said nothing when their 18 years old girls love 35 years old guy because of legal age which make no sense to me...

My mom had me when she was 17 years old by my 24 years old Dad. I can image what if they live in America... :Ohno:

I would not press the charge against a person whom my son love... because I want my son happy which is important matter ... and don't want to destory son's love's life... It's selfish... I would do if my son feel being force by girl or whatever...

I will prepare for my son if he visit America. I don't want to see my son's life destory over that the parents of girl, he love...

To be honest, I am heartbroken that my 17 years old daughter met a 27 years old man during our holiday in Fiji Islands. Thankfully they live in different countries, but they still keep in contact each other on mobile phone.

She will be legal age - 18 next Easter, as it is pointless to argue with her, just accept as it is :roll:. Personally I think it will dissolve as she is apply to join with the Australian Navy very soon.

As someone who began experimenting when I was 12 years old, and who was having sex by the time I was 15 or 16, I can tell you that I knew what I wanted at that age. The question remains as to whether or not I was actually READY for it (psychologically, not physically... I was "all grown up" in the areas that mattered by that point :P )

Whether I was or not, I was raised to live with the consequences of my actions. Admittedly, I was raised by a Dutch mother whose views on these kinds of things was quite liberal... but as an adult looking back on my life, I think that living my life and learning from the decisions I made (both the good ones, as well as the mistakes) helped shaped me into a responsible adult.

When I was 16, there definitely were older people (in their 20s) that I was sexually attracted to, and I'm sure if the opportunity presented itself, I would've had sex with them, if possible. At that age, I wasn't looking for a "serious relationship", I was likely looking to get my rocks off. I know with guys and girls, it's different... but for me, I don't think I would've been heartbroken if "things didn't work out". Chances are good that I'll have learned something from the experience... sexually, as well as psychologically.

All that said, however... we're all different. But I can assure you that in most societies, most teens don't concern themselves overly much about the age of consent. If they're determined to f**k, they're going to. :)

Well, Dennis, here we are, on the 2nd page, over 60 posts later and the originator of this post hasn't been back yet. Nice way to welcome someone, man.

Um, his last activity was before I posted. Check his profile. He ditched us before I said anything.

Kids need to develop good self esteem/confidence to make best choices for themselves in situations where parents won't always keep an eye on.

Kids need to develop good self esteem/confidence to make best choices for themselves in situations where parents won't always keep an eye on.

Yes, But it also the parents job to keep a good form of communications with kids about sex, drugs, and drinking and educations. I know some parents are nervous to discuss sex with their child and I know my folks were that way. Now that I am mother, and also I been with kids in camping to help guide them from right from wrong and learning to make the right choice to teach them how to make the right choice on their own if they ever needed help. Commuication with your children is always important.

Back