2011 AllDeaf National Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can hearing people who can sign meet too?

If ya all set up a date, Id be willing to attend.

Hello, I'm not deaf but I'm in love with asl. The thing is, I don't know anyone in my city who is deaf. Anyone care for a side project? I have Skype as well as AIM and I was wondering if any of you would like to teach me a little sign language.
My name is Darla, I'm 20 years old and I just started college, hoping to be an interpreter in the future.
d.rodriguez08@yahoo.com
Don't hesitate to send me a message if you're interested. Also, it would be nice if you are gay friendly.

And sorry if this doesn't belong here. I didn't know where else to post it.

In the middle of the month could be good cuz I get a check and can use it up when I travel and I can stay at a friend's house. :D No hotel for me.

Forgot to say one more thing. I cant go if it on Aug 11 thru 14 cuz I am planning to go to Maine Deaf Timerfest. :D

Just reading through some threads... I saw the suggestion for 9/11 weekend... If any AD'ers are going to be flying in, I would strongly suggest avoiding this weekend. It is the 10th anniversary, tensions are high, and there is a lot of... potential for issues in many of the big cities (especially NYC). Can't get into specifics, just throwing that out there as a suggestion so that everyones efforts to meet up work out.''

I can see where that would be a nice weekend to meet up and join in the memorial festivities of 9/11 while meeting up with fellow AD'ers. Just probably not the best idea.

Go away spammer!

Set up the date already. So people who wants to come can buy their plane tickets...

Anytime after may.. im going to vegas again in May... i havent been to nyc in awhile id go back for an AD meet.. since we didnt get to have chicago.

a definate date would be cool so plans could be made... cant plan anything till i know a date.

hopefully AD got something in mind for money saving ideas for lodging,meals on a weekend.
I hope for something in the northeast area of usa. If AD wants to, once a date is set, have a new thread setup for AD'ers to help each other with transportation/costs. If I was going, I wouldn't mind picking up a few members on the way. Or if a AD'er has kids and needs an adult to watch them. You know- little ideas like that. I think it could be huge meet if this happened.:P

Maybe a poll should be made so we all can see all at once when the meetup would be preferred.

NYC in the summer! Yea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back