2008 jeep grand cherokee srt-8

Interesting, I am now remmy the idiot who tried to climb over huge rock with Grand Cherokee and it just fall backward for pressing too much gas. I can see plus side, hmmm :hmm:
YouTube - idiot with a jeep
Whoa, must be an inexperince Jeep driver. The Jeep w/ETC will do the rock climbing function is I have no idea.

My car's cruise control still works fine and it has no ETC since someone said that cruise control is more reliable in ETC versions. Of course, it doesn't slow down when ur going down hill. It's not a big deal because there's brakes to use or shift to a lower gear.

I love my Jeep and I wouldn't trade it for a new one. I love the rubbermaid sides and bumpers. I don't need that kind of power. What I need are new rotors.
:)

I love my Jeep and I wouldn't trade it for a new one. I love the rubbermaid sides and bumpers. I don't need that kind of power. What I need are new rotors.
:)
Yes she needs new rotors and pads in the front.

Yes she needs new rotors and pads in the front.

you have to admit that they've held up well. over 5 yrs and almost 50K on them and I beat the heck out of them. lead foot and the off-roading...

I love my Jeep... '02 Grand Cherokee, has all the bells and whistles. There are only two things that I'm finding somewhat common but a real pain and it's pricey to fix. First there's an evap leak along that's above the tank. you have to drop the tank to fix it. Only a $20 part I'm told but the labor is where you get hit. And then I have an electrical issue that doesn't effect the running of the vehicle but it's irritating. The heads up display doesn't work anymore. First it was intermittent and that lasted a long while. Now it's crapped out all together. :(
Ideas? And I've replaced all of the fuses.

you have to admit that they've held up well. over 5 yrs and almost 50K on them and I beat the heck out of them. lead foot and the off-roading...

I love my Jeep... '02 Grand Cherokee, has all the bells and whistles. There are only two things that I'm finding somewhat common but a real pain and it's pricey to fix. First there's an evap leak along that's above the tank. you have to drop the tank to fix it. Only a $20 part I'm told but the labor is where you get hit. And then I have an electrical issue that doesn't effect the running of the vehicle but it's irritating. The heads up display doesn't work anymore. First it was intermittent and that lasted a long while. Now it's crapped out all together. :(
Possible hoses at the EVAP canister that mounted inside the inner fender behind the rear wheel on left side where the fuel filler tube at the bottom is next to the EVAP canister. If small crack or spitting hose(s) that are likely to cause to trigger MIL on. The EVAP lines snake over the top of the tank or canister can be see by remove a wheel to get a good picture of the EVAPs, sound like the tech charge you for drop tank? Rip off? Hey Is the head up display is located in the overhead console? What engine size do your Jeep have? 4.0L ? 4.7L ?

Possible hoses at the EVAP canister that mounted inside the inner fender behind the rear wheel on left side where the fuel filler tube at the bottom is next to the EVAP canister. If small crack or spitting hose(s) that are likely to cause to trigger MIL on. The EVAP lines snake over the top of the tank or canister can be see by remove a wheel to get a good picture of the EVAPs, sound like the tech charge you for drop tank? Rip off? Hey Is the head up display is located in the overhead console? What engine size do your Jeep have? 4.0L ? 4.7L ?

Thanks for replying!
I haven't had the money to get it fixed yet. The mechanic gave me an estimate. He ran diagnostics and he said he checked everything except dropping the tank. Said that was the only thing left it could be.
It's a straight 6, 4.0L (thought it was a V6 but boyfriend showed me the difference)
Yeah, it's the overhead console. Has temp, direction, door ajar stuff and what not. It's a bear because it tells me if I need to add coolant or things of that nature. Changed the fuses, twice, but that's not it.

Thanks for replying!
I haven't had the money to get it fixed yet. The mechanic gave me an estimate. He ran diagnostics and he said he checked everything except dropping the tank. Said that was the only thing left it could be.
It's a straight 6, 4.0L (thought it was a V6 but boyfriend showed me the difference)
Yeah, it's the overhead console. Has temp, direction, door ajar stuff and what not. It's a bear because it tells me if I need to add coolant or things of that nature. Changed the fuses, twice, but that's not it.
Oh , I see. Was this Jeep your first owner? Limited or Laredo?

Oh , I see. Was this Jeep your first owner? Limited or Laredo?
I couldnt figure out why the head up display isnt working. I did looked up the TSBs, nothing come up with the head up display issue. I remember I saw the head up display in a 95 GC Limited, was faded after initial start up. I suspected the LCD display but the customer didnt mentioned about it, complainted no start condition (replaced ignition coil). Wonder the rainy weather in your local is frequently? Does your Jeep equiped with a sunroof? deafsmogtech

You mean the dashboard, sometimes it works sometimes it isn't working at all?

I had that same problem with my Cherokee, and I actually thought it may be back in gas tank...However I decided to swap back the temporary dashboard (Yes I have two) and viola it is working and was able to pass inspection. I decided to leave it alone with second dashboard forget the orignal one which has almost correct mileage on it. Right now, it won't matter with mileage because it is over 10 years old. FYI you can buy dashboard from Ebay, they are cheaper and Grand cherokee are more common than Cherokee.

Your right about the Jeep thing I love it too all the way. :) I just rode in Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 door Rubicon, man! perfect for my family, perhaps next family car.

BTW what year is your Grand Cherokee?

DHB

Throttle by wire definetly sucks and dangerous!

Don't you notice there is massive recall on Toyota having gas pedal being stuck? Plus there may be another massive recall on Toyota Prius on brakes...

Im going to stay away from high tech brake and gas!

Back