15-Year-Old Allegedly Raped, Then Forced to Confess to Church

My goodness.

Rolling, you can't hate the people who did not actually rape you. Holding the congregation of the CC responsible too is just...fallacious. It makes no sense. The leaders of the church SHOULD hold those other leaders that are guilty responsible. Absolutely. But that doesn't mean they should be blamed for the actions that were done to you. The only thing they might have done wrong is not holding people accountable. They did not rape you themselves or 're-rape' you or anything of that sort.

I am not holding (and I have stated it earlier) the today's members of the CC for my rapes. I am holding them to the fact that they are supposting, through material means (read:$$$$$), service and dedication to the CC and obediance to the Pope. Only a fool would say that the rapes of children are not ongoing and must be stopped. Now the best (but not only) way to stop the rapes is to disband the CC.

The Catholic leaders who knew of allegations and simply quietly moved a priest to another parish are just as responsible as the perpetrators. Unfortunately, this practice apparently went all the way to the top of the church, including the pope, who was at one time responsible for investigating allegations. This doesn't mean that leaders who are not perpetrators committed a crime but that they failed to protect parishioners by stopping subsequent crimes. It's like leaving a fox in a hen house.

The Catholic Church is not the only institution that has failed to protect children from abuse. The Boy Scouts just got a judgment against them. I just took the new youth protection training and it is vastly improved. There are new rules and there is now a clear reporting procedure for rule violations.

The Catholic leaders who knew of allegations and simply quietly moved a priest to another parish are just as responsible as the perpetrators. Unfortunately, this practice apparently went all the way to the top of the church, including the pope, who was at one time responsible for investigating allegations. This doesn't mean that leaders who are not perpetrators committed a crime but that they failed to protect parishioners by stopping subsequent crimes. It's like leaving a fox in a hen house.

The Catholic Church is not the only institution that has failed to protect children from abuse. The Boy Scouts just got a judgment against them. I just took the new youth protection training and it is vastly improved. There are new rules and there is now a clear reporting procedure for rule violations.

There have also been charges against numerous Youth Ministers in other denominations.

stories like this reinforce my belife that religion is the cause of most misery in the world

We can't discuss religion at AD.

Reba!!! Reba!!! Reba!!!!! We are not discussing religion. This is a matter of criminal actions and a cover up of those actions. I could care less of what the members of the CC believe, I only want them to be aware that giving material support, encouragement and obediance to the CC's leadership is the same as participating in the criminal cover up.

Reba!!! Reba!!! Reba!!!!! We are not discussing religion. This is a matter of criminal actions and a cover up of those actions. I could care less of what the members of the CC believe, I only want them to be aware that giving material support, encouragement and obediance to the CC's leadership is the same as participating in the criminal cover up.
Re: #65 and #66: "religion is the cause of most misery in the world"--that goes beyond the scope of the specific crimes of this thread.

If I respond disagreeing to that statement, this thread will probably be locked.

I will not respond.

Just reminding you of the AD rules.

Back