15-Year-Old Allegedly Raped, Then Forced to Confess to Church

Seems like jazzy has plenty of friends here and I have none.
As I said before, I dont know anyone here but there are somethings I can assume.
First, that each and everyone of you would suppost the "disbanding" and "destruction" of the KKK, just regulate it to history books.
Second, had you been alive at the time, you would have agreed with the "bomb Nazi Germany off the map", it too was regulated to history books.
So what is your position of the CC. Do you want it "disbanded"? "Destinated to history books"? Or what? Either you want it alive or dead, there is no middle ground here.

This might explain why more people are on Jazzy's side:
jazzy

rolling7

Now to the rest of your post...

I do not want the Catholic Church disbanded. It has issues, as do many religions. There are good and bad people there. The thing is, most of the members, and there are millions, are very good people that get great spiritual guidance from their church. Why should they all be cast to the street because af a tiny number of bad priests and a Pope that does not see things your way? You are have become a victim of some criminals, not an entire religious group. I sure wish you saw it that way. It reminds me of politics, where some people are so entrenched in their thinking that one party can do nothing right except lose elections.

I reiterate; please make sure you are getting counseling for this. These criminals deserve very long sentences for what they have done. You have been sentenced to life. It is not fair. However, you can make it less painful if you direct your energy towards healing yourself.

BTW, I have no problem being your friend here.

Seems like jazzy has plenty of friends here and I have none.
As I said before, I dont know anyone here but there are somethings I can assume.First, that each and everyone of you would suppost the "disbanding" and "destruction" of the KKK, just regulate it to history books.
Second, had you been alive at the time, you would have agreed with the "bomb Nazi Germany off the map", it too was regulated to history books.
So what is your position of the CC. Do you want it "disbanded"? "Destinated to history books"? Or what? Either you want it alive or dead, there is no middle ground here.

That is exactly where you made your first mistake...assuming.:cool2: Your second mistake is failure to see that there is always middle ground. Nothing is ever black and white, and dichotomous thinking will get one into trouble. Thirdly...I have seen several of us attempting to be a friend to you in the way that you need friendship re:this topic. It is you who have pushed those people away by the first two actions I mentioned.

For Saywhatkid,
I am sure there were millions of "good" german people but once they learn the truth about their leaders they had to make a choice. Disband the Nazi party/government or keep it. Hitler never kill one jew but he was going to pay with his life for all the jews killed under his authority (i.e. Saddam). Once again.....There is no middle ground on this issue. There are plenty of other issues I will grant to you that have a middle ground.
But not this one!!

For jillio,
There is always a middle ground!!!!! Some saw the earth as round, some saw the earth as flat...was there a middle ground here?
Some say there is a god, some say there is not a god....is there a middle ground here?

Oh, you bet your life I do blame the three priest that raped me and other kids at the deaf school. But you have lost sight of the fact that each and every kid is being re-raped over and over again each time the Pope opens his mouth and never allows the investigation of the priest to be made public.
the Pope as a Arch-Bishop in a position of authority ordered the cover up and prevented any legal action against the priest to be taken. So, my anger and the anger of others like me is not misdirected.....we want the priests, the Pope and all those involved in the cover up to pay a price.
Let me ask you this!!! Would you support the K.K.K. through money/material support/encouragement/service????? NO, well why not??? Probably because you know it is an illegal orginization up to no good no mater how the leaders frame their bs. Now you know just what those who stay in the catholic church are doping toward the re-rape of kids.

I'm very sorry for what you had to endure, all the pain and suffering, but, revenge is never the answer. When I was in caddy cism, bible study and when I went to church as a boy, I had nothing but support and love from my church. It is not an illegal orginazation but any orginazation no matter how good it is has bad apples from time to time. If those priest who took part in this atrocious criminal act were punished, even though it was not made public then it's time for you to start the healing process.

For Saywhatkid,
I am sure there were millions of "good" german people but once they learn the truth about their leaders they had to make a choice. Disband the Nazi party/government or keep it.

Do you really think it was that easy? "Nah, I don't wanna be a Nazi... let's do something else." You can not just choose to disband a dictatorial government... there was no impeachment process for removing Hitler from office. That's one of the 'perks' of being a dictator. Lots of people agreed with Hitler and they're the one's who had all the big guns. It was an "agree with us or die" situation. FTR, there were many, many good German people who stood up to the Nazis... they ended up fleeing their homeland or dieing for their failure to comply.

As for the Catholic Church, what would you suggest people do? If they truly believe the doctrine of the church but not the politics of the hierarchy, are they supposed to abandon their beliefs? Maybe give Lutheranism a try? Stop believing all together? Take up knitting?

Do you really think it was that easy? "Nah, I don't wanna be a Nazi... let's do something else." You can not just choose to disband a dictatorial government... there was no impeachment process for removing Hitler from office. That's one of the 'perks' of being a dictator. Lots of people agreed with Hitler and they're the one's who had all the big guns. It was an "agree with us or die" situation. FTR, there were many, many good German people who stood up to the Nazis... they ended up fleeing their homeland or dieing for their failure to comply.

As for the Catholic Church, what would you suggest people do? If they truly believe the doctrine of the church but not the politics of the hierarchy, are they supposed to abandon their beliefs? Maybe give Lutheranism a try? Stop believing all together? Take up knitting?

You raise some excellent questions here. Speaking of Germans and Nazis, for a long time I hated the fact that I am of German descent from my mother side (mostly Swiss-German but there were a few Germans in my family tree) because of the Nazi taint on the Germans . Had I lived in German, I'm sure I either would have fled my homeland or died there given the Nazi policy toward those whom they regarded as disabled.

You raise some excellent questions here. Speaking of Germans and Nazis, for a long time I hated the fact that I am of German descent from my mother side (mostly Swiss-German but there were a few Germans in my family tree) because of the Nazi taint on the Germans . Had I lived in Germany, I'm sure I either would have fled my homeland or died there given the Nazi policy toward those whom they regarded as disabled.

As for the Church, it has done some terrible things in the name of Jesus (ie the Spanish inquisition) but we should not over look the good it has done as well.

I would like to see the Church hold those complicit in what those priests were doing to their laymen accountable and the only way to do it is to put pressure on the Church and it's superiors.

As for the Church, it has done some terrible things in the name of Jesus (ie the Spanish inquisition) but we should not over look the good it has done as well.

I would like to see the Church hold those complicit in what those priests were doing to their laymen accountable and the only way to do it is to put pressure on the Church and it's superiors.

Yes, but what about the members of the church? The people who didn't know what was going on and had nothing to do with it? The little old lady on the corner who goes to mass everyday. The devout family who cherishes their beliefs. What should they do to make people like Rolling7 feel better? He is choosing to lay this on the shoulders of every member of the church. Are they supposed to change the way they believe in order to placate him? That's what he's asking.

For jillio,
There is always a middle ground!!!!! Some saw the earth as round, some saw the earth as flat...was there a middle ground here?
Some say there is a god, some say there is not a god....is there a middle ground here?

I repeat...there is always a middle ground.

Yes, but what about the members of the church? The people who didn't know what was going on and had nothing to do with it? The little old lady on the corner who goes to mass everyday. The devout family who cherishes their beliefs. What should they do to make people like Rolling7 feel better? He is choosing to lay this on the shoulders of every member of the church. Are they supposed to change the way they believe in order to placate him? That's what he's asking.

Yes, it is what he is asking, and it is an unreasonable request. But even if every single member of the Catholic faith came together and offered him an apology, it still would not be enough. No amount of revenge will ever be enough.

If he ever finds the strength to forgive, and start the healing process, the revenge won't be necessary, or even something to be considered. That revenge, that bitterness, that hate, is eating him alive at this point. And it feeds on itself until it has the power to destroy not just his past, but his present and his future, as well. It is really a shame.

You raise some excellent questions here. Speaking of Germans and Nazis, for a long time I hated the fact that I am of German descent from my mother side (mostly Swiss-German but there were a few Germans in my family tree) because of the Nazi taint on the Germans . Had I lived in German, I'm sure I either would have fled my homeland or died there given the Nazi policy toward those whom they regarded as disabled.

Dunno... the Deaf Germans really thought that they would be treated as equals under Hitler and they didn't see themselves as disabled. In fact, many of them supported Hitler because he seemingly treated them as equal. Too bad that wasn't the case behind the scene...

*cringes*

Disgusting how the deaf were manipulated.

Dunno... the Deaf Germans really thought that they would be treated as equals under Hitler and they didn't see themselves as disabled. In fact, many of them supported Hitler because he seemingly treated them as equal. Too bad that wasn't the case behind the scene...

*cringes*

Disgusting how the deaf were manipulated.

Hence why I said whom the Nazis regarded as disabled. Yeah, it's disgusting how the Nazi manipulated many of them.

I'm wary of conservatives with Nazi or Fascist leanings because after a while many of them will drop the mask they have and tell me now I am not like the other deaf and that I'm better than they are. Many will get angry with me when I point out the Nazi's policy toward them when I say such things to them. When they say stuff like this to me, I know they do not regard me as their equal.

I repeat...there is always a middle ground.

HEY jillio,
LOOK THERE IS ALSO A FENCE AND YOU CAN STAND ON IT FOR AS LONG AS YOU CHOOSE BUT, AT THE RISK OF DEATH, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO COME DOWN SOMEDAY. NOW START THINKING REALLY HARD BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO CHOOSE WHICK SIDE OF THE FENCE TO COME DOWN ON.

HEY jillio,
LOOK THERE IS ALSO A FENCE AND YOU CAN STAND ON IT FOR AS LONG AS YOU CHOOSE BUT, AT THE RISK OF DEATH, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO COME DOWN SOMEDAY. NOW START THINKING REALLY HARD BECAUSE YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE TO CHOOSE WHICK SIDE OF THE FENCE TO COME DOWN ON.

Please, get some counseling. You seriously need to deal with the issues that are having such a negative impact on your life. You are allowing these things to destroy any chance of a reasonably happy future, and it is not necessary. You were victimized once by unscrupulous priests. But you are victimizing yourself every day of your life.

West Germany and East Germany broke down the wall. there's no side of the fence to pick. everybody made peace and moved on. that's what you should do, rolling. Make peace with yourself and move on.

The point is that pedophilia knows no boundaries. Children of all religions, races and classes are at risk of victimization. Pedophiles exist among us and we can't tell who they are by looking at them. The first priority should be the protection of children.

The point is that pedophilia knows no boundaries. Children of all religions, races and classes are at risk of victimization. Pedophiles exist among us and we can't tell who they are by looking at them. The first priority should be the protection of children.

Well said. Many of them will hide behind a respectable cover to fool their victims that they're trust worthy. I haven no doubt that cops, firemen, teachers etc have molested children.

West Germany and East Germany broke down the wall. there's no side of the fence to pick. everybody made peace and moved on. that's what you should do, rolling. Make peace with yourself and move on.

Thanks for helping me make my point. The two government represented different governments and there was no middle ground. So the wall came down and everyone and everyone had to take a stand by electing one government. Which they did, so now there is not a wall and there, still, is no middle ground.

Back