13' Resolutions?

I've been absent from this forum for so long...and one of my 2013 resolutions is to visit more often.

Oh and to keep on saving up hardcore for Europe!

I need to make a commitment to start saving some money this year, regardless of the bills, because they'll always be bills. I also want to try and spend less time online. Between work and home, I'm online all the time. I want to make more time for my parents, for excerise, to read and be involved with life better.....

Laura

There's a person in my building, elderly, who used to be very active in the Church. Unfortunately, now she goes everywhere with an oxygen tank, the result of a lifetime of smoking. I feel sorry for people that have caused this kind of misery in their life because it's so confining. I don’t believe anyone deserves this; nicotine is a drug, and like all addicts, some are truly helpless against it. I feel sorry for anyone incapable of understanding how their addiction is robbing them of a better quality of life.

i been on verge of getting packet,read posts before going out this morning,i was meant to read yours first as i not going to get any now...
cheers

Well...not to brag....but 2 days now and I've not smoked...using the electronic cigarette if necessary....and upon awakening this AM...no "frog" in my throat...(mucus)....can take a very deep breath too....Not nothing to brag about really...and knowing the "real test" fighting against the cravings of nicotine is coming in full-force anytime now....Loaded up on Bubble Gum too.....

Well...not to brag....but 2 days now and I've not smoked...using the electronic cigarette if necessary....and upon awakening this AM...no "frog" in my throat...(mucus)....can take a very deep breath too....Not nothing to brag about really...and knowing the "real test" fighting against the cravings of nicotine is coming in full-force anytime now....Loaded up on Bubble Gum too.....

2 days is still worthy of a hardy pat on the back though Robin, go you :D

still non smoker not broke me yet..i tried them lecky faggies rr they like smoking caramel but vaping do help many...i got me patch on gum chewing pastle sucking and inhalator,all bases covered....do i fancy faggi,i did yesterday tore few hairs out and craving passed..downside i knocking the old port back and bailes possible whisky if it around anything really..one thing at a time rr

Everybody is different. Me I struggled like hell to stop smoking. I did make it somehow. The last time I quit I stayed quit. I have been through lots of ups and downs since. It is an equal opportunity addiction for me in that I could start just as easily in a moment of weakness or a moment of strength. I think it is worthwhile to break that habit for once and for all.

In the New Year time I often do a lot of thinking about the past as well as the future. I have been around a little while now I sure do miss a whole lot of people who are no longer walking among us. I grew up in a huge cloud of their tobacco smoke. Whoa. It was so much a part of my life their smoke, my smoke all mixed together. Now it is so different - they are all gone all passed away. It is a different time in America. I am rambling I guess but damn things have changed.

I sure miss running. I ran while I was a smoker, I ran while I was a nonsmoker. I ran because I loved to run. I had to stop because of injuries from my unfortunate running style. I would love to run again.
It is now up to me to find another enjoyable way to breathe hard and see the world moving by. I am in such bad shape I can do that walking. I guess where I am going with all of this is that each day is all we have.
I resolve to love more. Whether I am walking or running, smoking or not smoking those are just things. I want to be a better man at living life and living it with love. That is my lofty ideal.
It is the path of least resistance for me to be a grouchy reclusive old fuck. This gives me a whole lot room for success... smiles :wave:

Devious eh? lol you got it!!

The tough mudder is an obstacle race. If I'm going to do one, it'd probably help if I quit.

Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Looks like this year the closest one to me is in Georgia. OR I can do the one in Vermont, my brother and brother in law back home in NH might do that one with me, or there's one in Dallas texas, that's not far from where my parents live, I may be able to get some family together to visit my folks in Texas and do it with me. We'll see :D

ooo no i would pass on that.hard enough getting out of bed,at least i not draging me sorry arse off to ciggi shop each morning which unfortunatly was my exercice for the day...i so devious i proberly bum ciggi so best i stay indoors

Okay I haven't had a smoke since late yesterday morning and just finished the first work out for phase 1 p90x, chest and back and the ab ripper. And so it begins :D just gotta stick it out!!

Tomorrow is going to suck!! But it'll be worth it. Chest and Back is pretty much an hour of push ups and pulls, I use my upper body at work A LOT, did 6 hours of massage earlier today too. Got serious noodle arms right now so tomorrow I'm going to be sore. But pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Wow. I didn't realize there's a lot of former smokers on this board. I, too, am a former smoker. It was difficult to quit and overcome this addiction. Now, it's been 10 months being smoke free. The best advice I ever came across is; It all takes one puff to start up on it again. Don't take that one puff.

As for the resolutions, I don't really look at it as a resolution because if I make one, I wouldn't be able to stick to it! LOL. So, I just look at it as a journey to my goals. I set up a goal and I work from there to get to the goal even if I had slacked for a while. When I do slack, I get back on the track and finish it.

Good Luck with your resolutions! :)

Giddy yup! That is why I suggest postpone the first puff for another minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour, a day whatever works best. I have been smoke-free since 1996 and glad I finally finally finally stayed away from Marlboro! Otherwise I would have complicated and serious heart attack much earlier and potential complicated heart surgery.

I should talk with others who have had open heart surgery, if your one of them, feel free PM we can chat.

The best advice I ever came across is; It all takes one puff to start up on it again. Don't take that one puff.

Giddy yup! That is why I suggest postpone the first puff for another minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour, a day whatever works best. I have been smoke-free since 1996 and glad I finally finally finally stayed away from Marlboro! Otherwise I would have complicated and serious heart attack much earlier and potential complicated heart surgery.

I should talk with others who have had open heart surgery, if your one of them, feel free PM we can chat.

Good for you! 1996 is a long time. No, I've never had an open heart surgery or any other complications. I just basically got tired of letting the cigarettes run my life. I was soooo angry that day at myself and as silly as this sound lol, I was yelling at the cigarette saying "You can't control me anymore!" then I all of sudden threw all of it out of the car window just like that. No plan to make a set date. No reducing of smoking it. It was just like a snap that came over me and I never looked back at it since then.

Good for you! 1996 is a long time. No, I've never had an open heart surgery or any other complications. I just basically got tired of letting the cigarettes run my life. I was soooo angry that day at myself and as silly as this sound lol, I was yelling at the cigarette saying "You can't control me anymore!" then I all of sudden threw all of it out of the car window just like that. No plan to make a set date. No reducing of smoking it. It was just like a snap that came over me and I never looked back at it since then.

that's willpower

I don't plan anything because I suck at completing goals. I'll just try to be better person for this year...

Well... So, it's probably not gonna work for this year. It's pretty rough for all of my nine days, and it's look like I am going to be really... horrible person.

Oh, how lovely! :roll:

</bitterness>

Wow, my father is former smoker and he quitted the smoking in 1986, about one year before I was born.

Well... So, it's probably not gonna work for this year. It's pretty rough for all of my nine days, and it's look like I am going to be really... horrible person.

</bitterness>

I thought that I was going to be horrible person in 2012 and turned somewhat to be mixed, so 2012 was bad year for me.

For 2013, I want my GI to be much improved, return to normal and lose some weights, but I lost a lot of weight in 2012 and it was good thing.

Overall, my life is rough, just like you have too.

</bitterness>

have you started running yet?
i have...
it would really help...you'd hate it for the first month but after that you'd feel more alive than ever

Back