13' Resolutions?

ambrosia

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have decided that tomorrow, I'm going to quit smoking (AGAIN) not try, there is no try, only do. Also I'm going to start p90x again, I'd want to start on a Tuesday anyway so Monday, my day off, ends up my rest day. This time I'm going to finish it. Last time I quit after phase 2, going to do all 3 phases this time. Seriously thinking about signing up for a Tough Mudder this year too. I'd have to do it deaf, can't wear my hearing aids, but I think I can find some peeps to be on my team that won't mind me being totally deaf for it.

And going to bed earlier, I have GOT to quit my night owl routine, enough of that I'm pushing 40 for pete's sake lol :giggle:

Good for you Ambrosia!!! With that attitude your bound to succeed. Maybe start a FUN FUND and put all the money you would have spent on cigarets in there. Just think how much easier all these workouts will be with clear lungs.

I sure hope next New Years you will be here telling us how great you feel and all the workouts you completed. Good luck!!! OH maybe get your kids involved in your workouts. The gift of HEALTH.

Good luck on quitting smoking. That's the hardest thing I ever did.

Mine will just be my usual to lose a little weight. I haven't been too successful so far!

Good luck! You won't be alone if you fail once again so no worries, you can always try again. I read that the first three days is the hardest part but after that it's all in your head. The longest I've without smoking is three days so I wouldn't know if that's true. The suck part about this is the longer you don't smoke, the more you think about lighten it up, especially the first day! I really wish you a good luck and hope you will success this time. Chew lotta gums and remember to stay away from anything that trigger you to smoke.

I'll be happy just to lose weight.....

I'm a former smoker myself and I quit because of a dog believe it or not. I saw someone's dog wander into a busy main street I was driving on and I was so concerned for it, I almost caused an accident and I didn't get to enjoy my last cigerette. I decided then and there to quit. I knew if I bought another pack, I wouldn't smoke just one and throw the pack out, so I never went back. First two weeks are the hardest but everything's cake from then on.....hmmmm....cake....:shock:

Laura

I have decided that tomorrow, I'm going to quit smoking (AGAIN) not try, there is no try, only do. Also I'm going to start p90x again, I'd want to start on a Tuesday anyway so Monday, my day off, ends up my rest day. This time I'm going to finish it. Last time I quit after phase 2, going to do all 3 phases this time. Seriously thinking about signing up for a Tough Mudder this year too. I'd have to do it deaf, can't wear my hearing aids, but I think I can find some peeps to be on my team that won't mind me being totally deaf for it.

And going to bed earlier, I have GOT to quit my night owl routine, enough of that I'm pushing 40 for pete's sake lol :giggle:

a good advice for you, DONT have a ciggie while you have coffee.( if you have coffee), learn to taste things with out smoking...that way you're training yourself for a life after smoking, when things are more 'normal'.
coffee-smoking at same time is a vicious circle too, break one of them, and you'd have an easier time to keep disciplining yourself not to smoke...

to finish one of my post-grad studies this year and, to start running or swimming again, maybe both if i can handle it. thats about it

a good advice for you, DONT have a ciggie while you have coffee.( if you have coffee), learn to taste things with out smoking...that way you're training yourself for a life after smoking, when things are more 'normal'.
coffee-smoking at same time is a vicious circle too, break one of them, and you'd have an easier time to keep disciplining yourself not to smoke...

True, I have an even harder time with not smoking and have an alcohol beverage though! whooo I'm not going to be able to have a tasty beverage for at least 3 months!!

Haven't really thought of any New Year's Resolutions......shux...at my age, I outta' just do whatever floats my boat...:giggle:

But one thing does sorta' stick out...getting out more now that I've got a rollator for my balance problem....and perhaps giving those "nosey" neighbors who gossiped that I was "drunk"...give 'em the Bird!....

Anyhow, wishing everybody a very Happy & Prosperous New Year....

Quitting smoking isn't so tuff. Why - I've done it a dozen times!

. . . okay, what finally made me stick with it was having someone at home who would cry when I showed up, smelling of cigarettes. The best I could do. It wasn't me, somebody I love.

My resolution is just to try to do my gardening as best as I can. It isn't just a retirement hobby, surplus is sold at the farmers' market. I'm getting so lame, tho'.

The New Year resolution quit smoking hey I hope it works for you! You never know which try will be the "one" ...

I tried and failed so many times it became woven into my life like a bad thread. If I could have measured my self esteem it would have taken a micrometer. It turned into desperate measures for a desperate situation.
I realized I was as much of a junkie as a junkie. I locked myself in the house with a pile of one man against all odds books- westerns and so on, and a wide variety of crunchy snacks, lots of water, no telephone and sweated it out for days. The sheets were ruined with yellowish sweat. It was hell. And then I started again. It is not just about quitting it is about staying quit.
I have been off those blankin' things for a decade now but have not forgotten what it took, whoa..

I don't make new years resolutions. I make them all year.
My current one is to clean out & organize by basement & spare room.
Want to get rid of stuff I no longer want or need.

yep me to for thousands millian time,it feels like it.....whats a tough muddler i give that a try...tried everything else....got two patches on and nictoine gum on the go plus little lozenge under tongue...
good luck,how about be my smoking buddy and we try not to lie to each other,cos i devious where the old fags concered

Good luck on quitting smoking. My husband quit two weeks ago and I am hoping he makes it this time.

My resolutions are to pay off 2 credit cards this year.

Save money which I just started with my roommate in August and dont touch our account.

Continue to exercise...maybe return to swimming exercises and hope to lose more weight as I was stuck at a plateau all throughout 2012 despite exercising on a regular basis.

I stuck to my resolutions last year and I should be able to this year.

I've family members that smoked and quitted. I wish everyone who wants to quit smoking the best luck. It's hard work and I hope you pull through.

As for me mine would be:

1. Utilize more of free websites that you can use to post items for sale.

2. Instead of just sharing pictures, I would love to be physically involved in volunteering with animals at least once a week.

3. Take my rottweiler for at least one walk per day instead of just letting him out.

4. Have my rottweiler more involved in fundraising events to help homeless animals.

5. No more selling items for $1.76 or 4.58 on E Bay. It has to be $10 or better.

6. Quicker turnaround of my inventories.

7. Read few chapters in educational books each days. I don't mean a thriller or Star Trek, but rather a book where you can learn something important.

Congrats! But if you have urge to light up another cig, ask yourself to postpone that light up for another hour, or day whichever is easier for you. It works if you do it one at a time.

Stress is usually the factor for light up another cigs. I have been though hell trying to quit smoking so many times until I tried doing one at a time. Finally it works since 1996!

Well, mine is of a completely different nature.

1) Pay off my medical bill
2) " my Jeep maintenance bill
3) " travel expenses from my last trip
4) " my Scout II auto to manual transmission conversion

I believe all this will be done by next August, in eight months! After that, I start paying off three intermediate-term bills, which may last into 2014.

Meanwhile, I plan on moving out of my apartment into something else by end-of-September. Into what, I'm not sure yet. It depends on 1) how well I do financially, and 2) which direction the financial markets take in specific areas. It would be nice if I could leave my part-time job, saying, "Well, guys, my ship came in, and I've got my orders." Anyway, my guess is one of two things: a Tiny House on wheels, or a travel trailer which I will modify to get the space I need and get real wood into it. There is a possibility of relocating to Plano, but nothing's in stone yet.

Good luck on quitting smoking. My husband quit two weeks ago and I am hoping he makes it this time.

My resolutions are to pay off 2 credit cards this year.

Save money which I just started with my roommate in August and dont touch our account.

Continue to exercise...maybe return to swimming exercises and hope to lose more weight as I was stuck at a plateau all throughout 2012 despite exercising on a regular basis.

I stuck to my resolutions last year and I should be able to this year.

credit card,i lot older and it still folowing me....i cut it up and got myself top up credit card ,no money on it no spend.
i got same exercise resolutions and same weight issues

Back