100 proof HOT DAMN

I was making favored cordials with Everclear when I was in my 20's. To get the flavors to combine correctly ya have to heat the Everclear, add sugar & the flavor of your choice. I made the mistake of while tasting the cooling cordial, I slurped it off the spoon. It tasted great but I was blind for almost 15 minutes.

are you serious? ( i know 190 proof is like 90% alc, and that 100%/200 proof will kill you, but whoa slurping abit too much left you blind for 15 mins!! scary!!) what did you react like, thought you gone blind for real? must have given you a bloody good fright!..

pretty crazy to do that julie...but lucky you survived it...it sorta reminded me of how i messed around with shrooms, like we have 40 between 2 of us (then the third person (flatmate) unware of the 'soup' lol....

it was so strong that only need 6-8 per person to get LSD-like effects...then the rooms' walls just MOVED like its made of water and then cardboard...hallways become long tunnels...couldnt see straight to grasp door knob i had to bend over backwards as the eye's muscles had slacken So much that it drooped right down (not sleepy just the eyes's muscled lost its tension due to the mushroom's muscular/nerves toxic) then opening doors...the whole experience was unbelivable...lasted like 10 hours or so and when wore off, it felt like it never happened, no hangover what so ever, quite shocking....

When a kid is so wrapped up in self.. *How do u teach that kid how to give?*

I have a 3yo nephew who lives nest door. Please help me?

pretty crazy to do that julie...but lucky you survived it...it sorta reminded me of how i messed around with shrooms, like we have 40 between 2 of us (then the third person (flatmate) unware of the 'soup' lol....

it was so strong that only need 6-8 per person to get LSD-like effects...then the rooms' walls just MOVED like its made of water and then cardboard...hallways become long tunnels...couldnt see straight to grasp door knob i had to bend over backwards as the eye's muscles had slacken So much that it drooped right down (not sleepy just the eyes's muscled lost its tension due to the mushroom's muscular/nerves toxic) then opening doors...the whole experience was unbelivable...lasted like 10 hours or so and when wore off, it felt like it never happened, no hangover what so ever, quite shocking....
Flatmate? U mean roommate? Remember those little animals they love just as much as u do!

Flatmate? U mean roommate? Remember those little animals they love just as much as u do!

:laugh2::laugh2: this is a great reply, one that i wont forget from some time...:lol:

LOL, i know that hedgehog joke LOL, oh wait, you have a similar joke but "small animals" what do you normally refer as dead animals trying to cross the road? instead of hedgehog? but then again, out of curiousity, do you have hedgehog in America?

a bit of explanation is in order...we call it flatmate in New Zealand, as we call rental places "Flat" or "flat" not sure why though...
:wave:ing from NZ...(not gonna google it right now, gonna straight back to bed, just let the dog out for toilet..)

:laugh2::laugh2: this is a great reply, one that i wont forget from some time...:lol:

LOL, i know that hedgehog joke LOL, oh wait, you have a similar joke but "small animals" what do you normally refer as dead animals trying to cross the road? instead of hedgehog? but then again, out of curiousity, do you have hedgehog in America?

a bit of explanation is in order...we call it flatmate in New Zealand, as we call rental places "Flat" or "flat" not sure why though...
:wave:ing from NZ...(not gonna google it right now, gonna straight back to bed, just let the dog out for toilet..)

No we do not have native hedgehogs here. If there are any it has been some that were imported as pets then likely turned loose in the wild once the owner gets tired of caring for them.

awww thats so mean they are lovely creatures, real shame that you cant cuddle them

The only hedgehog I know of is that blue hedgehog that was the spokesperson for SEGA back in the 1990s. I believe his name was Sonic the Hedgehog.

are you serious? ( i know 190 proof is like 90% alc, and that 100%/200 proof will kill you, but whoa slurping abit too much left you blind for 15 mins!! scary!!) what did you react like, thought you gone blind for real? must have given you a bloody good fright!..

Yes it was scary. I only slurped about a tablespoon of warmed Everclear cordial. I was horribly dizzy and it was almost looking through a tunnel with a really tiny opening at the end. The strange thing was it didn't hurt at all. I groped for the nearest person and they sat me in the living room, and they put a cold compress on my eyes. I was warned not too slurp and I forgot.

Last edited:
Blah

150 proof alcohol is old news....and 190 proof of everclear is old news to me, too. Ever tried 202 proof? Yes, I have. Done with 151 proof Bacardi rum with a lit of fire in a shot when I was 19 and that kind of shot drove my best friend out of control at bar in NYC and I had to take care of her as well as she threw up hours later. Done with everclear many times before, it didn't kill me or drove me crazy at all. I drank a mixture shot of 101 proof of ICE (I'm not sure?) and 101 proof of Romanian Vodka, that makes a 202 proof. However, after all with used up a full bottle of California's White Zindanfel wine, some Labatt Blues, Hot Aftershock Cinnamon shot..it was pretty bad mix with Jamacian salsa...I ended up throwing up allover in my partner's car on New Year's Day early morning.

I was making favored cordials with Everclear when I was in my 20's. To get the flavors to combine correctly ya have to heat the Everclear, add sugar & the flavor of your choice. I made the mistake of while tasting the cooling cordial, I slurped it off the spoon. It tasted great but I was blind for almost 15 minutes.
Blind?? Oh my... lol

Yeah we have hedgehogs here in America. I've heard of "flats" thought that's what it ment but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No we do not have native hedgehogs here. If there are any it has been some that were imported as pets then likely turned loose in the wild once the owner gets tired of caring for them.
You're right. I just looked it up. No hedgehogs in America. I was going by something my mom used to talk about. I guess t was a pet she was talking about.

Done with 190 proof back at Gally. 100 proof is lil more than half of what I have experienced.

191 proof is the highest can get and that is almost 100% pure grain alcohol.

I worked with an engineering professor on a project in which he made 200 proof alcohol from sugar and yeast. We made enough to fill tubs with it, and he said if you sit in it, it would get you drunk. :)

I worked with an engineering professor on a project in which he made 200 proof alcohol from sugar and yeast. We made enough to fill tubs with it, and he said if you sit in it, it would get you drunk. :)
That sounds nasty!! How do u know he didn't sit in it before serving it to ppl?? lol

150 proof alcohol is old news....and 190 proof of everclear is old news to me, too. Ever tried 202 proof? Yes, I have. Done with 151 proof Bacardi rum with a lit of fire in a shot when I was 19 and that kind of shot drove my best friend out of control at bar in NYC and I had to take care of her as well as she threw up hours later. Done with everclear many times before, it didn't kill me or drove me crazy at all. I drank a mixture shot of 101 proof of ICE (I'm not sure?) and 101 proof of Romanian Vodka, that makes a 202 proof. However, after all with used up a full bottle of California's White Zindanfel wine, some Labatt Blues, Hot Aftershock Cinnamon shot..it was pretty bad mix with Jamacian salsa...I ended up throwing up allover in my partner's car on New Year's Day early morning.

Not to burst your bubble:

Adding 101 proof drink to a 101 proof drink makes a mixed 101 proof drink.

202 proof is impossible - It would mean you have to have 101% alcohol.. Which is not possible at all.

The best possible drinkable grain alcohol is 192 proof. Anything above that would require expensive distilling methods.

Back