Work Shift vs. Love

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Suppose ya happen to like work on either Seond and third shifts for long time. Till ya fall in love with a certain person. Ya both become more happy and madly love. One day, ya feel ready to have a offcially relationship with this person. But he/she wants ya switch from 2nd/3d shift to first shift in order to be commit to this person. Will ya go for it?

P.S. Will explain ya later when I finish my work tonight.

yes ill go for it..to change my shift..
anything for my lovely bf :D
i wonder who my bf yet :(

If I was in that case, I would sure change my shift :D
First love then work :naughty:

Suppose ya happen to like work on either Seond and third shifts for long time. Till ya fall in love with a certain person. Ya both become more happy and madly love. One day, ya feel ready to have a offcially relationship with this person. But he/she wants ya switch from 2nd/3d shift to first shift in order to be commit to this person. Will ya go for it?

P.S. Will explain ya later when I finish my work tonight.

Well if he/she can't switch the schedule, you either will have to accept it if you really love the person... as we can't win them all.. Compromise is the important thing.. Good luck with it.. smile... to think about this, what if it was the shift you want then in later in life he/she got scheduled on a different shift having no choice, are you gonna drop he/she for that reason?? it goes both ways...

well i dont change it for love cuz of if we are same shifts and it will cause us for plms if look at other woman or man, make my love puzzle, jealous and think that i flirt other person front her or him so i dont think it good idea for that.. so i stay same shift..

well i dont change it for love cuz of if we are same shifts and it will cause us for plms if look at other woman or man, make my love puzzle, jealous and think that i flirt other person front her or him so i dont think it good idea for that.. so i stay same shift..

I'm lost in this... you mean if you both have the same shift there will be problems?? what it got to do with flirting or jealousy with others in this post?? as that's wasn't what the post is about ... am I wrong ?? (if it is, then you shouldn't be together if you think it will have problems) can you clarify??.. thanks smile

oh interesting...:hmm:

Wellll.. at the beginning of the relationship, I used to prefer to have my honey on first shift than 2nd or 3rd.. Now, 6 years has passed, All I care about is his happiness and what he's most comfortable with. right now, he doesn't have a choice but to rotate shifts every other 2 weeks.. the first 2 weeks is 1st shift.. then 2nd for the next 2 weeks. So it rotates. It doesn't bother me anymore. Just as long as I can see him for a couple of hours a day.

No, because if my boyfriend had the same shift for a long time, why would I tell him to change his shift? It has been like this before I came along, so I wouldn't even ask him to change for anything, no matter how many hours he put in at his job, my love for him will still be the same. And my boyfriend knows what I do for the living and he respects my job/shifts also, even when I'm out of town traveling and putting in 15 hours a day. ;)

No, because if my boyfriend had the same shift for a long time, why would I tell him to change his shift? It has been like this before I came along, so I wouldn't even ask him to change for anything, no matter how many hours he put in at his job, my love for him will still be the same. And my boyfriend knows what I do for the living and he respects my job/shifts also, even when I'm out of town traveling and putting in 15 hours a day. ;)

Amen... compromises, trust and great communication is a must.. smile... I always believe this quote "Accept who they are not what you can change them" if that make any sense I think it sounded wrong but let me think abit more lmao..

I agree. I wouldnt change my shift for anyone nor I would ask him to change his shift unless I am or he is unhappy with the hours.

You have weekends and holidays to make up with "lost times" with your lover. No big deal.

ADD THIS, I FORGET SOMETHING.. i dont change my bf abt shift, if he is happy then leave it alone.. and we can spend after work or next morning... smiles..

I think what Tweetybird is trying to say --- That if her boyfriend and her works at the same shift at the job and come home together when the shift ends. It will lead to an argument or basically being burnt out from each other since they are being seen at work, home and anywhere else without giving a personal space or a break from each other.

Is that what you were trying to say, TweetyBird?

Well, In my opinion - I would not want to make my boyfriend change his shift unless he wants it for himself which is fine by me. We both work on a different shift and that helps since it gives us a chance to catch up on what has been happening through the day or whatever it is.

Compromisement is always vital and it is a two way street. The longer you are away from your significant one, the more you will miss him/her. That is something we all can be thankful for, just to spend the quality time alone together in this crazy, busy, fast paced world.

Compromisement is always vital and it is a two way street. The longer you are away from your significant one, the more you will miss him/her. That is something we all can be thankful for, just to spend the quality time alone together in this crazy, busy, fast paced world.

Word Jolie!!! ;)

I think what Tweetybird is trying to say --- That if her boyfriend and her works at the same shift at the job and come home together when the shift ends. It will lead to an argument or basically being burnt out from each other since they are being seen at work, home and anywhere else without giving a personal space or a break from each other.

Is that what you were trying to say, TweetyBird?

Well, In my opinion - I would not want to make my boyfriend change his shift unless he wants it for himself which is fine by me. We both work on a different shift and that helps since it gives us a chance to catch up on what has been happening through the day or whatever it is.

yea u are right abt that.. that what i talk abt it.. :D

I don't think changing your shift so that you can have a more normalized schedule is a bad idea. It shouldn't be an ultimatium from your partner though, don't get me wrong. Changing your hours would have to be something that you personally wish to do, not out of obligation. If after weighing your pros and cons, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, I'd say go for it.

I am here at last!! my work was totallly crazy for 2 days now. whew!

The reason I created this thread. Feel kinda sympathy on my friend. Let me tell ya. Last summer, I went to my other friend's party for July 4th. Chatted with my friend about work issues. She prefered 2nd or 3rd shift. I do understand her totally. Because I do same thing. i do like 2nd or 3rd shift so i can have errands to do during daytime without miss any workday. Anyway, she also will switch to first shift. I was confuse and ask her why she prefers 2nd/3rd shift in the first place. she said she has to switch to first shift for her unoffically gf's sake. I was like huh and ask her why?. she said her gf wanna her to be there alot of time in the bed, etc... her gf rather to see her alot than a little or nothing.

For me, I love my works and have better teamworks. Rather stay that way. Not let my future partner ask me to switch shifts. Unless a child show up in our lives then I might do.

I am here at last!! my work was totallly crazy for 2 days now. whew!

The reason I created this thread. Feel kinda sympathy on my friend. Let me tell ya. Last summer, I went to my other friend's party for July 4th. Chatted with my friend about work issues. She prefered 2nd or 3rd shift. I do understand her totally. Because I do same thing. i do like 2nd or 3rd shift so i can have errands to do during daytime without miss any workday. Anyway, she also will switch to first shift. I was confuse and ask her why she prefers 2nd/3rd shift in the first place. she said she has to switch to first shift for her unoffically gf's sake. I was like huh and ask her why?. she said her gf wanna her to be there alot of time in the bed, etc... her gf rather to see her alot than a little or nothing.

For me, I love my works and have better teamworks. Rather stay that way. Not let my future partner ask me to switch shifts. Unless a child show up in our lives then I might do.

ITs understandable, I know it's tough... well if you have a child with different shifts then you both would save tons of money for daycare.. just a thought.. smile.. I think it's depends on circumstances if both agree to it, but if it can't be done then we have to accept it gracefully for time being... I guess..

Back