Work Shift vs. Love

thanks for sharing ur stories from ur experience. Communicate's very important for us to do.

:ty:

I totally agree with Koala and RebelGirl here, IF you truely LOVE this person, you will work it out in order to save this relationship and communicate is very important also....Relationship and family comes first job comes second!! ...

I don't work so my husband is on training in first shift and when he completes, he'll be going on second shift. Third shift is out of the question. I don't like being alone in bed while I'm sleeping. He's diabetic and it's a lot easier for him to make appointments for every three months and his blood works usually done in early in the morning. So, he won't miss too much time off from work.

That's awesome, COMMUNICATION is important...

^5 canuckian chick

Agreed, communication is vital since every "employment" situtation is different between couples.

"Pay the bills" first, "love" second. Sit down and write a game plan together. Brainstorm ideas, shared solutions, values, goals, expectations. Most importantly, don't get mad at a partner for expressing their thoughts. Just sit down together and hear them out, work it out, and compromise where you can. Keep in mind, not all work schedules can be changed. If you really love this person you'll find a way to work it out.

I work third shift 11pm to 8am Saturdays to Wednesdays. It was bit hard on me and on my wife too but we had managed to keep our communication channels wide open. Honestly, thoughts and feelings to each other. Today, Im still working right now and its 1.43am and my wife is asleep right now, alone in our bed.

we knew that my job brings stability to our financial future and to our relationship as well.

That's awesome, COMMUNICATION is important... smile glad all worked out great smile... just sometime it can be done if not then it's tough... smile good to hear ...

Yes I'm agree that communicate is mainly important... I can understand how Koala and RebelGirl feeling...

I born and raised in England. I got a good job and work as Data Processor for Police Criminal Unit for 5 years before married and move to live in Germany.

I was satisfy everything what I has is good job and lovely apartment outside of city and friends. I haven't any plan until I met my German husband..... There're no computer at that time... We wrote each other and visited each other... until my hubby asked me to marry him where we were in Germany for summer holiday. That's time I was too much in love with him and want to give up everything to be with him... My hubby asked me to think twice which place we decide to live... We need to talk cons and pros about our country until we saw more advantage is Germany.

I know it's a big step to give up everything in London for move to Germany... It got me time to think about and visit Germany time to time until I'm sure that Germany is the best country for the children upbringing and good environment than England... My hubby said that he don't mind to give up everything for me if I want to live in England... I decided firm for want to live in Germany to be with him.

I got mixed feeling after move and live in Germany because of different culture and different language... I understand German bit... I was on 3 months unemployment until I got a job to work for US Government. I am willing to learn German language, Sign language as well.... Now I'm living in Germany for almost 22 years and love this adopt country and feel Germany is my own home... I understand German language with no problem. I do not regret my decision at almost 22 years ago.

My hubby got a job at big company in 1986. I told him that I do not feel like to have him work at shifts because I do not feel ready to familiar with German culture yet... I feel good to be with him... We work during day and come home... We enjoyed our marriage for over 7 years before we started a family. I noticed that shift is not right for people who have family because the children need parents around...

My hubby started to change his work time to evening from 5 pm to 10 pm instead of 7 am to 4 pm because he should be there for boys all the day... until I came home from work at 4.30 pm then I'm there for boys... We did that since 1999 because we accept that we parents are responsible for our children. Family comes first before career. Evening work is acceptance in my hubby's work place, not my work place. Now my boys are big and can look after themselves... My hubby decided to go back day work instead of evening work. He is going to apply this year.

Back