Windows 8.1 .....

TechBill

Reaction score
Windows 8.1 .....

is available for downloading ..... In Windows Store

Did they bring back the START button? We shall see .........

It still downloading on my laptop .......

Ran into a problem during the update ....

Had a boot master failure, just repaired my MBR

Now it resuming the update ...

ow!

Good thing I back up my stuff and use Cloud servers .....

Done!

Now running Windows 8.1 ... yupper there a Start button but it only take you back to tile start screen .. hrmmmpppp

maybe an optional to change how it functions ....

Update did corrupted my MBR but lucky I was able to repair it and not lose any data so far.

Back to playing around with 8.1 .....

Oh wow, I'm sticking with Win 7.

I had bad experience with Win 8. :ugh:

I am installing Windows 8.1 now.

Now that I've been using Windows 8 for few days. I don't understand why people don't like it. Yes, it is different but there is always something different with major upgrade. Once I learned where shortcuts were and where to place the pointer. It is easy and in some ways better than Windows 7.

First positive thing I found with Windows 8.1 is that you can change to where it boot up to now.

I been wanting it to boot directly to my Desktop instead of Start Screen, and now with 8.1, I can set it to boot directly to my Desktop.

Still playing with it thou ...

Hmm it changed my screen size. Now it is not filling my whole screen like it was before update.

No thanks, I'll stick to windows 7, I played around on 8 andjust didn't like it. My guess is the interface is designed around a smartphone interface and I never cared for smartphones or cellphones for that matter.

No thanks, I'll stick to windows 7, I played around on 8 andjust didn't like it. My guess is the interface is designed around a smartphone interface and I never cared for smartphones or cellphones for that matter.

Same here, I use Win 7 because of gaming and it is very stable OS.

For everyday, I use Mac OS X and it is much easier to adapt the new technology with Mac OS X (even iOS too) over Windows.

After 2 years, Windows 8 may become more stable.

I am installing Windows 8.1 now.

Now that I've been using Windows 8 for few days. I don't understand why people don't like it. Yes, it is different but there is always something different with major upgrade. Once I learned where shortcuts were and where to place the pointer. It is easy and in some ways better than Windows 7.

Yes, just like upgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 7 so many people don't like it.

It does happen. :lol:

Hmm it changed my screen size. Now it is not filling my whole screen like it was before update.

Fixed the problem. I had to uninstall program for controlling the graphic and download program from website and then was able to adjust screen. Is working great now.

Fixed the problem. I had to uninstall program for controlling the graphic and download program from website and then was able to adjust screen. Is working great now.

I had to do the same thing ... reinstall the graphic driver ...

Bill

Same here, I use Win 7 because of gaming and it is very stable OS.

For everyday, I use Mac OS X and it is much easier to adapt the new technology with Mac OS X (even iOS too) over Windows.

After 2 years, Windows 8 may become more stable.

LOL, thats what they said about win 98 then 98se then XP, then win 7...

its more of drivers issues with graphics cards then anything else, oh and SSD's...and raptor drives (10,000 rpm)

Microsoft pulls Windows update after problems reported - CBS News

Microsoft has pulled a Windows update from its website after it caused problems on some customers' devices.

The company didn't give details about the problems but says it's investigating. It removed the RT 8.1 update from the Windows Store during the weekend.

In place of the update, Microsoft posted an apology for the problem and said it's trying to resolve the situation quickly. The company says it will give updates as soon as possible. It says the problem affected only a limited number of users.

The company says RT 8.1 is an operating system for tablets and light, thin personal computers. It only runs built-in apps or apps downloaded from the Windows Store.

I'm sticking with Windows 7 professional OS

Highlander & Evo Dragon,

Windows RT 8.1 is for Surface tablet which is strictly app-only - not regular software that used on desktop. The Windows 8.1 (not RT) is fine.

Only complaint at iRacing forum about Windows 8.1 is driver issue with certain steering wheel manufacturers.

LOL, thats what they said about win 98 then 98se then XP, then win 7...

its more of drivers issues with graphics cards then anything else, oh and SSD's...and raptor drives (10,000 rpm)

Not that the point. I installed MS-DOS then Win 3.11 then 95 then 98 then W2k then XP 32bit, then XP 64bit, then 7 64bit. . I have no problem them. W2k is better STABLE OS ever I had for Windows so far. Also I built a computer when I was very very young.

I skipped ME, Vista, and 8 because of unstable, slow, and limited. Plus too many of my geek friends complained about them.

Highlander & Evo Dragon,

Windows RT 8.1 is for Surface tablet which is strictly app-only - not regular software that used on desktop. The Windows 8.1 (not RT) is fine.

Only complaint at iRacing forum about Windows 8.1 is driver issue with certain steering wheel manufacturers.

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2140 Desktop PC - Newegg.com

They do have W8.1 OS in gaming PC.. Tablet with RT W8.1? no thanks

Back