why so many deaf single men?

having a chip on their shuolders is not always a case of a character flaw, but a society's flaw...now when you think about it say, back in early 20th century women 'with chip on their shoudlers' were feminist , only that the term wasnt even coined yet so they were automatically labelled as bitter, maladjusted women, even mentally sick, but, it took decades for their expression to be hard won as readable, recognised, and understood, AND dare i say it, Most of them are not only two abled legged (there were/still are disabled feminst criticising even more, Carol Thomas is one such academic but i doubt she's disabled herself, i looked in google, nothing appears to be so, for now id consider shes just a disability writer, actually a Prof of Sociology i knew that one) near-perfect sighted, hearing but also they embody HALF (or just over) of the entire population so this partyl explains 'they won their place' ...now consider Deaf...the populance make up is largely 90% of deaf children/people are from hearing parents, high thats a high percentage selected for political reasons, as does for the hearies they like to use HOH's scale of percentage to 'falsely represent the number of d/Deaf people which does not truely illustrate the numbers representing Deaf people' for this instance, they would use 5% of the population, 20% are at risk of industrial noise-induced hearing loss... all this paints an entirely different picture...So this partly shapes the way society decides what chances we have to get secure jobs (right now jobs everywhere are dwindling, thanks for China, India and outsourcing, etc)not only' 'secure' but the tread of 'multiskilling jobs, using phones front line negotiation with consumers/clients are becoming dominant and thus the nature of it, cuts d/Deaf people off the job market too...

so its small wonder...for 'chip on their shoulders'...and bad schooling and so on...
im a fighter (intellectually), i had it rough and i am not prepared to be slaves for the hearing...

just something to digest thats all, have a good day, warm sun here but COLD air...
im single because i have to be, or else id be distracted from study...

This HOH guy told me that he only dates hearing women because it compensates for him not hearing. I was tempted to ask, "How's that working out for you ?" but I bit my tounge. Not a well-adjusted guy and the ladies steer clear of him.

I agree you! seems on jealous on because ladies tempt something thristy awful on people interesting

I don't care, what are your problem because reason your jealous and shame because I resist bad guy prevent because good person nice person honest,truth,wise to wise careful trust and on wiseful, I don't involved it them!
Don't be fool uncover to play games seems actually boyfriend or girlfriend bio

That is why point I notice it worlds have deaf and hearing common so what your point I am nothing help ! I aware it

Travis: condolence on your mother's death

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Interesting hypothesis: "chip on your shoulder" a character "division".
More relevant-why?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

:ugh: you include me, huh? fuck you. My man is not like that in any word you claimed to be.

Ummmm....this was meant as a joke & wuz supposd to be ironic. I wasn't being serious here and I said NOTHING about your man anyway!

That isn't what I meant.

I am not always good with English sentences so forgive my word use.

When I say 'they' in my post above I am likely referring to hearies.

As to the Deaf men that I have met, and, no, I haven't met a lot, they seem oppressed to me. Like they (Deaf men) have a chip on the shoulder. Pity party all the time. Not confident regardless of being Deaf and, instead, feel like being Deaf holds them down but won't do anything about it. So, they let deafness oppress them.

I have not noticed that here which has been very encouraging to me.

It's hard on men if they don't feel successful in life. They are raised to provide and care for their wives and children and if they feel they are not able to, for whatever reason, it affects their egos and self-confidence in a very big way and thus, has a ripple effect in their lives.

You have to remember some choose to be single by choice. Some want to focus on their education or their job? There are many reasons why Men cant find one. Wrong type or whatever it is. or maybe they are gay? ever thought of that? :)

I noticed that today lot of them are picky too? compare to the past.. many marriages were arranged so lot of them got married and had children. nowadays none of the marriages are arranged.. just met them by accident or knew each other from school etc. some are lucky to find love. Some are not.

The picky types is what rubs me off the wrong way, that to me is being judgmental.

Picky about penis sizes, picky about skin color, picky about height, weight, looks, etc. So Hollywood minded, that just really gets under my skin.

WTH? Life is too damn short for this kind of crap. What about LOVE? UNDERSTANDING? COMPASSION? UNCONDITIONAL LOVE?

Judgmental people who refuse to look beyond the outer person and look into the inner person, such as the heart and mind of that person.

My wife is no super model, but I adore her with my heart because her heart and mind is what makes me fall in love with her over and over again.

I do feel sorry for the badly labeled people who are deemed "ugly" and are rejected by these "Hollywood Minded" people.

I also pity the females that wants the "bad boys" types that may in fact end up be the types that has severe lack of insecurities that they will beat them, be a control freak on them and for some, even get killed if they try to break up with them. This happens all to often, just read the news and you'll get the general idea. I've always warned them to "never judge a book only by it's cover", and tell them to read their damn books instead, because you can never know, they may just save themselves a lot of pain and misery.

This world is so pathetic and life is too damn short for this sort of thing, IMHO.

Yiz

The picky types is what rubs me off the wrong way, that to me is being judgmental.

Picky about penis sizes, picky about skin color, picky about height, weight, looks, etc. So Hollywood minded, that just really gets under my skin.

WTH? Life is too damn short for this kind of crap. What about LOVE? UNDERSTANDING? COMPASSION? UNCONDITIONAL LOVE?

Judgmental people who refuse to look beyond the outer person and look into the inner person, such as the heart and mind of that person.

My wife is no super model, but I adore her with my heart because her heart and mind is what makes me fall in love with her over and over again.

I do feel sorry for the badly labeled people who are deemed "ugly" and are rejected by these "Hollywood Minded" people.

I also pity the females that wants the "bad boys" types that may in fact end up be the types that has severe lack of insecurities that they will beat them, be a control freak on them and for some, even get killed if they try to break up with them. This happens all to often, just read the news and you'll get the general idea. I've always warned them to "never judge a book only by it's cover", and tell them to read their damn books instead, because you can never know, they may just save themselves a lot of pain and misery.

This world is so pathetic and life is too damn short for this sort of thing, IMHO.

Yiz

Dude, you're married, why are you bothered about this?

Yiz

Most people I know who say one should look beyond the surface and focus on what's inside the person still won't date certain kinds of women or men based on their looks - i.e. obesity, how they dress, tattoos, dreadlocks, etc etc.

Dude, you're married, why are you bothered about this?

And your point being?

I can relate because I've waited 40 years of my life seeking the right person that does not judge and we fell in love with each other despite of our differences.

So I feel for the guys that can't find someone because of not only just because of choice of being single or career or sexual orientation, but also that having a judgmental attitude is ALSO another underlying reason as well. It's not just one thing, but I feel that a judgmental attitude is a HUGE factor in today's society because of how we see and perceive from the attitudes of others that leads them to believe this is how we have to act (which is BS of course), so I see that as a problem.

They don't know what they're missing if one can look beyond physical appearances and no, marriage isn't always about sex, it's much, much more than that. Marriage or even a relationship (if a lasting one is desired) has a much deeper meaning than just sex alone.

Yiz

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I agree that putting so much emphasis on physical appearance is a problem. For both men and women. Men tend to eliminate women based on size. People that don't mature beyond this tend to be really unhappy, especially when they age.

I agree that putting so much emphasis on physical appearance is a problem. For both men and women. Men tend to eliminate women based on size. People that don't mature beyond this tend to be really unhappy, especially when they age.

I don't know. i was very pleasantly surprised to learn from men that they don't always prefer the model type they see in magazines. Some guys like short and chubby, some like tall and thin, some like women with big bums, some like women with peasant legs (like me), some like women with small boobs, some like tomboy types, others like very feminine princess-y types, in short, they tend to just like women, period.

I had a conversation about this with a large group of friends this summer. there was a short blonde woman who was wonderfully voluptuous. She walked into the bar and immediately caught my attention. I told her I wished I had her va-va-voom curves and her viking heroine thighs and she said "really? I think I'm fat, I wish I had your body" and suddenly all the guys at the table told her she was crazy for thinking like that and that they agreed with me that what she perceived as fat, they saw as delicious curves.

True that men prefer curves. Generally, women want to look like Victorias Secret models and men want women to look like Fredericks models. Of course, each individual has a personal preference.

Women are quicker to accept a man's personal flaws then men are. Most women in comparison to guys are deeper then men. It is a shame, but hey what can you do? It works out in a way because if that particular person is extremely picky you realize that the person really is not only shallow, but probably lacking other important attributes, i.e, non sympathetic, kind, etc.

I realized that people aren't always satisfied with what they have. Curly hair girls want straight, straight wants curly, curvy wants to be thinner, and vice versa. There are a few people that are content with what they are working with, and that makes them golden.

True. It's tough to get to that place when a whole industry exists to fix what is allegedly wrong with you. I buy my share of "beauty products."

True. It's tough to get to that place when a whole industry exists to fix what is allegedly wrong with you. I buy my share of "beauty products."

That's why I'm about to move to the mountains, get my son and I away from the media madness. Nothing wrong with makeup or anything else that might make a person feel good, as long its for yourself, and not to impress. Posers suck, and thats what I find difficult. Finding a man secure enough where I don't need to stroke his ego. I'm only responsible for one boy, and only interested in stroking my big hairy black dog.

Back