Why is the dog like to eat an earmolds?

Pinky

Reaction score
My right earmold got chew by my mom's dog or puppy last week. I got pissed off because it's new earmold. I got them last Dec. I went to ENT for earmold appt last Thursday. I will get a free earmold. Whew!

I learned my lesson for put my ha in my pocket and folded and put on trunk. I thought puppy can't jump on the bed. I believe it's puppy's mother did carried my right HA with earmold in her cage. My mom found it on the floor. I suppose not put on my pocket in first place.

I notice the most dogs like to chew the earmolds instead of BTE.

I am wonder it does happen to your earmold get chew by dogs or cats??

Yep...Dogs and cats also like the taste of ear wax as well. I know that when I take out my mold, my cat would go crazy and start licking it. Even if I stick my finger in my ear when I get an itch, he would go nuts and start licking my finger.

SO, ear wax and earmold taste good to them.

Always put it in a safe box, that simple.

yeah! No wonder it's animal thing are crazy about human's stuff. Geez! LoL I am glad it's free earmold and no cost.

I have experience with my earmolds chew by dogs twice time. It was in 2001 and 2009. I found a safe box. I really need to buy dehumidifier box for my devices. But I can't afford. I don't have a job. :(

In addition, probably thought its rubber toys! :P

I thought I was the only one! :lol:

My first dog Heidi would chew my sisters and my hearing aids! My gosh, our audiologist would ask us "What happened!!" We all would say the dog chewed it!

Later on, Heidi chewed the remote control! We gave Heidi toys but she didn't like them.

I found a safe box. I really need to buy dehumidifier box for my devices. But I can't afford. I don't have a job. :(

I know there are some glass jar type boxes that work well... not exactly the same as the newer dehumidifiers but they keep the moisture out and keep them safe.

Dry Aid Jar < I used to have these, here it says they're up for $17 now.

I had that problem a long time ago. I would never hurt my dog if he chews it. He probably thought that it was a new toy. It was my fault that I should have put it on a higher shelf or table. I should have bought a nice toy for him so that he might not eat my earmold.

My dog chewed my HA and mold about 5 years ago.

Had to get HA recased and a new mold. Lol:

Not only animals will chew them.... I chewed mine when I was just a little boy -- I didn't have it longer than a week. :eek3:

My right earmold got chew by my mom's dog or puppy last week. I got pissed off because it's new earmold. I got them last Dec. I went to ENT for earmold appt last Thursday. I will get a free earmold. Whew!

I learned my lesson for put my ha in my pocket and folded and put on trunk. I thought puppy can't jump on the bed. I believe it's puppy's mother did carried my right HA with earmold in her cage. My mom found it on the floor. I suppose not put on my pocket in first place.

I notice the most dogs like to chew the earmolds instead of BTE.

I am wonder it does happen to your earmold get chew by dogs or cats??

Yep our puppy chewed up Chris' earmold..left the rest of it alone thank god

always be careful with HAs and earmolds around pets. I had a dog that ate half of my earmold once... found like 3 tiny pieces left of that earmold. Oh man. Learned my lesson, and have kept my hearing aid out of reach. I have a smaller dog now, but he's still tries to sneak anything he can get in his mouth. So far, he hasn't gotten my hearing aid, and I'm doing everything I can to make sure he NEVER gets my hearing aid.

Yep it happened to me before my dog eat up my ear mold. I can tell you why dogs like to eat ear mold. Because they like the taste of wax on it. It happens lol

Cats do it too! They don't really chew on the ear mold much but just carry it around. I have found my cat carrying around BOTH my HA and my CI! (Not at the same time of course..)

dog do chew BTE once it being stick from brunch of dead skin or scene from head. It does happen to mine, long time ago. I was glad dog chew to make great excuse that I never wear hearing aids again.

LoL! You guys are silly! No wonder why dogs and cats always like to eat HA or CI. AHHH I have to be careful with my new earmold when I get a new one soon.

Back