Where do I turn to??

shy2precious

Reaction score
Im HoH and living in Va. Are there any nearby groups i can join to mingle, get to know others in my situation. Its fustrated im the only one around who cannot hear. Anyone know of nearby areas such as NOVA, Va, MD, DE, NJ, NC, SC

Check out hearingloss.org. They may have a chapter near you.

i live in Raleigh, NC, hearing loss org is having a gathering for breakfast on 8/25, come and join along. Also check out meetup.com they may have something of intrest for you.

There are allot Deafies down that way ralagh,,,so on...
Look for them...
Do you want to learn Sign?

There are allot Deafies down that way ralagh,,,so on...
Look for them...
Do you want to learn Sign?
I'm willing to learn anything. I questioned here for quicker answers. Mayb the weekend I can do some research, since I'm off work.
Do you know sign?? How long have u suffer from hoh/deaf?

I'm willing to learn anything. I questioned here for quicker answers. Mayb the weekend I can do some research, since I'm off work.

Suffer is the wrong word to use here. Those born deaf only "suffer" the mistreatment they got/get from our hearing society.
Those of us who are late-deafened MAY suffer some from having to adjust to our loss of hearing, loss of being able to communicate the way we were used to communicating.

Suffer is the wrong word to use here. Those born deaf only "suffer" the mistreatment they got/get from our hearing society.
Those of us who are late-deafened MAY suffer some from having to adjust to our loss of hearing, loss of being able to communicate the way we were used to communicating.
Sorry if I did, I understand where u coming from. But I'm needing to learn to adjust to my hearing loss, as well. Everything is new to me.

Yes i know sign, ASL, to be precise. Its great you want to learn...truly sign will set you free..
I dont suffe from being Deaf, to us Deafness is a gift not a curse. And.the more sign you learn and use with other Deaf,the curse of desfness will fade to the light of the gift of being Deaf.
Ive been Deaf since i was 9,
"-)

Yes i know sign, ASL, to be precise. Its great you want to learn...truly sign will set you free..
I dont suffe from being Deaf, to us Deafness is a gift not a curse. And.the more sign you learn and use with other Deaf,the curse of desfness will fade to the light of the gift of being Deaf.
Ive been Deaf since i was 9,
"-)
You are right...I'm guessing this is just a process for me u know. Im sure I can handle it[emoji4] How did u cope with the transition at first? (If you don't mind sharing your story)

You are right...I'm guessing this is just a process for me u know. Im sure I can handle it[emoji4] How did u cope with the transition at first? (If you don't mind sharing your story)

I was a kid, and short story, went off to Deafie school, and kived with Deaf and lesrned sign and our cukture and everything..so...
Thats how i embraced my Deafness...you can too..
You can do it.you can learn sign,and be Deaf, with Deaf.
Sure thing..some patience and will...and it will come...
"-)

Back