What will you eat on Thanksgiving Day?

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score

I got an official email few hours ago. My co-worker invite us to celebrate his birthday at Thankgiving meal Day on 21st November... We celebrate there every year one day before US public "Thankgiving" holiday.

What about you all? Cook for your family or go out for meal?

I'm going over my parents house for Thanksgiving, I am not positive sure what they're cooking, but I'm bringing salad and fruit jello. ;)

I got an official email few hours ago. My co-worker invite us to celebrate his birthday at Thankgiving meal Day on 21st November... We celebrate there every year one day before US public "Thankgiving" holiday.

What about you all? Cook for your family or go out for meal?

Speaking of thanksgiving day, my family alway get together at my folks home and there are all kinds of goodies and the big turkey. We serve Turkey, homemade stuffing, gravey, corn, green beans, mash potatos, salad, Macoroni, pickles, olives, sweet potatoe, collards, and much more. I know i Get full fast lol

We have turkey and ham for thanksgiving and christmas. on new years we have just ham.

We're plan on going over our parents house for thanksgiving, as far as I know, she is making turkey, stuffin' , sweet potatoes, mashed potoates, homemade turkey gravy etc, I'm suppose to make a couple of desserts, so I'm plan on making Bear's famous peanut butter pie, which she made it once when she came over for dinner, it was sooooo good!!, I dunno what else yet but I aren't making no pumpkin pies since urgg I don't like the taste of it, yuck...

We usually go to our grandparent's house about a hour away from us for whole families party for the Thanksgiving. We have the smashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, devil eggs, salads, etc etc, we always have lot.

My hubby have to work on Thanksgiving for few hours then he'll be able to join me and our son for the feast! We'll be getting FRESH turkey from the farm which we'll go pick it up on Wed a day before Thanksgiving. I guess we'll have mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (yuck, for my hubby), veggies (not sure yet, maybe broccoli with cheese or something), baked mac and cheese (homemade), rolls, stuffing, desserts (pumpkin pies and apple crisps), deviled eggs and gravy of course. I think that's about it. Just three of us and our spoiled dogs! We'll give them some pieces of turkey so they can enjoy their dinner as well!

My Agenda

I'll be in San Francisco, visiting my brother. On Thanksgiving, we'll celebrate my brother's 40th birthday at "Top of the Mark", a restaurant on top of a tall building. That evening, we'll have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, honoring the first anniversary of my grandmother's death.

Oh nice thread, I will go to aunt's house, not far from my area and they are bringing turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, peas, cream corn, corn bread stuffing and others, I will bring homemade french vanilla cake for thanksgiving.

We might have to go to HomeTown Buffet on Turkey Day as we have a coupon says "One Adult Dinner for $6.99 OR Kids Eat Free" * [Purchase one regular-priced adult dinner and enjoy an adult dinner for $6.99, OR up to two kids eat free (ages 11 years and younger) with minimum one full-priced adult meal purchase. Coupons are valid Monday thru Saturday nights only. Offer good November 12-24, 2007.] Isn't sounds good for those coupon for Turkey Day!!!!!! Yummmmmmyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :giggle:

Time for me to worm my way across the Canada-USA border and crash a Gobble dinner place... hehe... kidding.. dang that post with the pic by Liebling sure is enough to feed some good folks... ohhh....

my Nephew is coming over for Thanksgiving... so luckily I bought turkey breast (honeysuckle) and ham (from one of GarnetTigerMom's recipe, she posted in food thread) but I can't put bourbon alcohol cause my nephew is 11 years old. I got some green bean and onion, to make casserole.
And plan to make cranberry pasta with sausage, Rachael Ray's recipe.

I bought box of homemade stuffings... hey men, careful, don't make fun of me.

I don't know how to make gravy.

Time for me to worm my way across the Canada-USA border and crash a Gobble dinner place... hehe... kidding.. dang that post with the pic by Liebling sure is enough to feed some good folks... ohhh....

Sure come on over to NS smile

I will be going to my aunt's house not sure what will be served, Turkey and trimmings I am positive that will be on the menu.

I'm far from my hometown this Thanksgiving, but St. Mary's is hosting free turkey and all the traditional trimmings for the homeless and other disadvantaged people, so I'll eat there after helping serve and clean up.

I'm far from my hometown this Thanksgiving, but St. Mary's is hosting free turkey and all the traditional trimmings for the homeless and other disadvantaged people, so I'll eat there after helping serve and clean up.

Aww you're sweet...

Is that St Mary Catholic Church? I know some devout parishoners there.

Yep, I'm the deafie in the right, front pew (best spot for speech reading) during Saturday evening vigils.

Albany's free Thanksgiving meal is usually held downtown at Big River Restaurant, but it's being remodeled, so St. Mary's will host it this year. The big job will be spreading the word to those expecting it downtown and providing transportation.

I figure I can apply my vast and superior knowledge of literature to spooning gravy onto mashed potatoes, bussing tables, and running a broom, ha ha ha.

My sister in law is intiving (sp) me, my husband and my son to her house for Thanksigiving. We will make French apple pie and rolls. We will cook at her house and help her.

Back